|Release||27 September 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||21 coins|
|Low alch||14 coins|
|Basic training sword.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
It used to be obtained free from the Melee Tutor, northeast of the Lumbridge Castle wall, or by Sir Vant during the tutorial. It could be replaced if lost, but only one could be obtained at any time. It was recommended for new players to get this sword right after Tutorial Island. It was then later sold by Beefy Bill.
Low-levelled magic users often used the training sword in combat as it once added a small amount of magic defence, unlike many other swords, which greatly decrease magic defence. This is no longer the case, as the Evolution of Combat made it a melee weapon with no benefits to magic.
The Advisors and Objectives update on 17 September 2009 removed the Melee Tutor who originally gave out the Training swords. Jagex said in the update post that they would be available from general stores, however no store actually sold the sword, making it and all other training weapons discontinued, seemingly by mistake. On 13 October 2009, training swords were made available again for purchase from Beefy Bill for 35 coins. On 11 April 2012, with a shop interface update, they were removed from his stock, making the swords once again discontinued.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Players no longer attempt to hold a training sword and hatchet together when chopping trees.
- patch 20 October 2009 (Update):
- Training weapons/armour showed incorrect information if you tried to drop them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The training sword used to have a destroy option.
- When the sword, alongside the training bow, arrows and shield, were made available again after being made temporarily discontinued, players who attempted to drop the sword found a Destroy message saying that you may claim it back from the Melee tutor, even though he does not give them out any more. The bow, arrows and shield also suffered this bug. This has been fixed and it now drops onto the floor properly.
- By its old animations, it was actually used and held like a dagger.
- There appears to be a training sword on the counter of the Grand Exchange buildings.
- This item cannot be placed in a keepsake box.