|Release||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Weak against nothing.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|0 / 0 / 0|
5 ticks (3.0s)
|-||? (edit)||? (edit)||? (edit)|
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Training dummies are a monster that can be attacked to practice ability rotations and to test damage output. They cannot be killed, as they instantly heal to full life points when they are attacked. They can be found behind Hank's Fishing Shop in Lumbridge, in the training camp east of Burthorpe Castle, and in War's Retreat.
Via a right-click option, they can be toggled between three modes:
|Max hit mode||All attacks on the dummy deal their maximum damage||Reverts to normal mode after 5 minutes|
|Min hit mode||All attacks on the dummy deal their minimum damage, excluding misses||Reverts to normal mode after 5 minutes|
|Normal mode||All attacks on the dummy deal damage like in regular combat||Permanent|
Ammunition shot at training dummies are lost and cannot be picked up from the ground.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Player-spawned dummies[edit | edit source]
In addition to the ordinary training dummies, more can be spawned by going to Training Dummy Dispensers in Burthorpe or War's Retreat and selecting the "Dispense dummy" option (only 1 dummy can be dispensed at a time, shared across both locations). This will prompt the player to choose an attack style, which will be the style it attacks with. Then, choose a weakness, the available options for which depend on the attack style selected. The types of dummy are:
- Magic training dummy (Weak to Arrows, Bolts, Thrown, or Nothing)
- Melee training dummy (Weak to Air, Water, Earth, Fire, or Nothing)
- Ranged training dummy (Weak to Stab, Slash, Crush, or Nothing)
After choosing the attack style and weakness, the player is finally asked to set the strength of the dummy, which is either "Weaker than me", "The same as me", or "Stronger than me". After choosing the strength, the dummy will spawn. The dummy's damage output scales with the player's own damage dealt and can potentially deal over 2000 damage. After a dummy is spawned, it can be right-clicked to enable retaliation, which will allow the dummy to attack the player. However, this is currently bugged and the dummy will not retaliate.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 February 2021 (Update):
- The target info panel is now displayed correctly for training dummies.
- patch 22 November 2012 (Update):
- Chat options are now the correct way around when asking about Training sessions and Training dummies in the Combat Academy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There used to be dispensable dummies in the Combat Academy in Lumbridge. When one manages to "kill" a player, they will be revived with 10% of their life points with Lady Deathknell exclaiming, "You're not dying on my watch! Remember to get more food if you need it." However, if the dummy is set to attack with magic or ranged, and the player flees too far and is dealt a killing blow, they will die an unsafe death. If a player uses Onslaught on the dummy, it is possible to kill himself if more than 10% of maximum life points is depleted in single tick. After a player is revived, the dummy will no longer continue to attack and the retaliation option will need to be re-selected. If players are killed from damage from sources other than the dummy while fighting it, they will not be revived.
- The revival animation when the dummy defeats the player is the same as the animation when Immortality is triggered.
- Standard training dummies sometimes retaliate against summoning familiars, dealing small amounts of melee damage, but only when it is not directly attacked by the player first. When attacked solely with a familiar, it does not regenerate all its health with every hit, but rather when it reaches 0 health.
- The dummies formerly had 10,000 life points until they were increased to 100,000 to better withstand player attacks.
- Dreadnips used to be able to push training dummies out of their square when they used their stun attack.