Trahaearn gem rock
|Release||7 January 2019 (Update)|
|Ore||Uncut sapphire (335 coins)|
Uncut emerald (749 coins)
Uncut ruby (1,009 coins)
Uncut diamond (2,284 coins)
Uncut dragonstone (11,371 coins)
|This rock is encrusted with gems.|
|talk • view|
Trahaearn gem rocks are rocks containing gems, found within the Trahaern district in Prifddinas. They can be mined by players with a Mining level of 75 or higher. The chance of receiving a given gem is dependent on the player's Mining level, therefore the higher the Mining level the more likely the player is to receive a rarer gem[source needed].
The gem rocks in Prifddinas previously gave a chance to receive an uncut onyx when mined. However, a hotfix update on 11 March 2019 removed onyxes from the rock's drop table due to the large number of onyxes entering the game via these rocks. As a result of this change, Rare gem rocks give more experience and money despite having slightly higher durability and requiring a lower mining level.
Possible gems[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High alch value|
|Uncut sapphire||1||Varies[d 1]||335||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||Varies[d 1]||749||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||Varies[d 1]||1,009||60|
|Uncut diamond||1||Varies[d 1]||2,284||120|
|Uncut dragonstone (m)||1||Varies[d 1]||11,371||600|
Mining[edit | edit source]
|Trahaearn gem rock|
|Output|| Uncut sapphire|
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Trahaearn gem mine||Yes||4||Plague's End|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 March 2019 (Update):
- Uncut Onyxes are no longer obtainable from mining Prifddinas Gem Rocks.
18 February 2019:
- Trahaearn gem rock now drops sapphires less often.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, Trahaearn gem rocks existed as generic gem rocks.
- Prior to the rework, these gem rocks also gave spirit gems.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Shaunyowns. Hotfix - Gem Rocks & Uncut Onyxes. 11 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 11 March 2019.) "Today, we released a hotfix to remove the ability to mine Uncut Onyxes from Gem Rocks. The reason for this that the amount of Onyxes in-game has increased by almost double since the Mining and Smithing rework and that it was an unsustainable amount of Onyxes being produced from Mining."
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 12 Feb 2019. (Archived from the original on 12 Feb 2019.) RuneScape: "Onyx are now around 4 times rarer from Prifddinas gem rocks, as they appeared to be coming into game a bit too often."