Tower of Life (building)
The Tower of Life is a tower south of Ardougne which was released on 19 February 2007. The tower features prominently in the Tower of Life quest. In the quest, you build several parts of the tower for the alchemists, since the builders refused to. The alchemists, who turn out to be callous and cruel, later flee the area when you cure and free their hybrid victim, the Homunculus. After the quest, you gain access to the basement dungeon, where the Homunculus now resides and where you can play Creature Creation.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Tower of Life is found south of East Ardougne. It can be easily accessed using:
- The Ardougne cloak, you can teleport to the nearby Monastery which is a short walk from the tower.
- Ardougne Teleport brings you to the East Ardougne marketplace, with the tower to the south.
- Fairy ring DJP brings you right next to the tower. Use of fairy rings requires partial completion of the quest A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen.
Layout[edit | edit source]
There are four floors above ground and a basement dungeon. The first, second, and third floors are used in the Tower of Life quest.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
The ground floor contains many searchable crates. Most contain items of use in the Tower of Life quest. One contains triangle sandwiches. After the quest, the crates can still be searched for components of the builder's costume.
Basement[edit | edit source]
The dungeon can be entered after you complete Tower of Life. Talk to the Homunculus in the northern part of the dungeon to learn how to play the Creature Creation activity. The dungeon contains six altars, or symbols of life, which are used in the activity.
The northern part of the dungeon contains a "magic well". Water from this well presumably is magical and is what flows through the many pipes and altars in the tower.
The centre of the dungeon contains the equipment the alchemists presumably used to create the Homunculus. There are experiment cabinets, experiment tables, shackle tables, retorts, and cages here. All currently have no use.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
- Effigy (an alchemist, present only before and during the Tower of Life quest)
- Currency the Alchemist (present only before and during the Tower of Life quest)
- Transmute the Alchemist (present only before and during the Tower of Life quest)
- 'The Guns' (can be pickpocketed for Triangle sandwiches)
- 'No Fingers' (can be pickpocketed for builder's boots)
- 'Black Eye' (can be pickpocketed for triangle sandwiches)
- 'Gummy' (can be pickpocketed for triangle sandwiches)
Monsters[edit | edit source]
The tower contains no attackable monsters, except the hybrid monsters that players can make when playing Creature Creation.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Music tracks unlocked:
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- The Tower of Life altars can now unnote the first ingredient of a creature's recipe by using the noted item on the altar, or by right clicking/long pressing the altar. This will unnote one item at a time, and will not work with the swordchick altar as the swordchick does not drop noted raw swordfish.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the first floor of the tower is a magic table. When examining this table it says: "Oh, oh, oh, It's Magic". A clear reference to the song "Magic" from Pilot.
- Upon the release of Tower of Life, it was possible to attack other players with spells in the basement of the Tower of Life. Few people died, and the glitch was promptly fixed. Jagex commented, saying that it was caused by the Tower of Life's basement being located directly below the Wilderness.