Totems are items craftable by combining totem tops, middles, and bottoms, found on Anachronia. They can be placed to grant various passive bonuses to the player. Totem pieces can be stored in a Totem bag.
After assembling a totem, it can be placed at one of three locations on Anachronia. it must then be activated in order to benefit from it's effect. To activate it, the player has to interact with it and charge it. Whilst the totem is being charged, temporal instabilities can appear which can be closed. Charging the totem and closing the instabilities awards Divination experience. Once placed the totem cannot be removed until the next weekly reset. The player must recharge the totems with every weekly reset to retain their bonuses.
Obtaining all totem pieces completes the Jurassic Perk achievement.
The top of the Totem of Navigation
The middle of the Totem of Crystal
The base of the Totem of the Abyss
The top of the Totem of Intimidation
Early concept art for the Totems found on Anachronia during the Land Out of Time Development.
Shape and segmentation concept art for the Totems found on Anachronia during the Land Out of Time Development.
Late material study concept art for the Totems found on Anachronia during the Land Out of Time Development.
- Jurassic Perk ( 30) – Discover all the totem pieces on Anachronia.
- Stacks on Stacks ( 5) – Complete the ritual to activate a totem on Anachronia.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Totem pieces will now correctly be added to your inventory if you have one space, as opposed to requiring two free spaces before.
- ^ Jagex. JagexShauny's Twitter account. 10 July 2019. JagexShauny: "PSA: The totems from Anachronia reset on the "weekly reset" trigger. This means they reset every Wednesday. Just a heads up for those confused and think they reset daily."