|Release date||1 February 2021 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||Mod Abe|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Postie Pete-za at the entrance to the Varrock Sewers. Show in map|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Entering the sewers[edit | edit source]
Talk to Postie Pete-za by the entrance to Varrock Sewers. He will ask you to deliver a pizza to Wolfgang in the sewer. Wolfgang can be found with 4 more tortles at the east side of the Varrock Sewer. You have to squeeze through the pipe in order to reach them.
Upon talking with Wolfgang, he will tell you that they were trapped on one of the island of Eastern Lands, then teleported to the Abyss, and then to the sewer. Now he asks you to help them develop their agility and speed as well as to arm them.
Advancing Agility[edit | edit source]
Wolfgang tells you that he made a contract with the estate agent, but receive no word from him. So go to the Varrock estate agent, and ask him about that. He will tell you about the unique method the tortles tried to make the contract, and will tell you that he won't help.
Go back to Wolfgang and tell him, that he should stop sending the rats. But of course you can help them with the equipment. You need to build:
- Something to fight
- Something to climb
- Something to swing on
- Something to balance on
After you have built all the equipment, tell Wolfgang that they are ready.
Increasing the speed[edit | edit source]
Speak with Gustav to learn how to complete the next step.
He will tell you that the energy that teleported them to the sewer could be harnessed. To do so, he will need some teleport tablets, so you need to find the required materials.
- 2 runes which used for teleportation
- This will be 2 law runes.
- Some soft clay
- Just bring a soft clay with you.
- Something to calibrate with - a living thing which has a similar weight as the tortles.
- Go to Granny Potterington at the Manor Farm and talk with her about Tortle Combat, then she will ask you for a dense honeycomb and a kebab so bring these to her and she will make an extremely dense honeycomb for you. Use it on an adult or elder common brown rabbit so it will become a plump rabbit which is what you need.
Arm them up[edit | edit source]
After the cutscene, talk with Wolfgang again to discuss the third step. Talk with Johann, who is waiting for some weapons.
Go back to Johann and talk with him, and now he will ask you to give the correct weapons to each tortle. You can go around and ask for the other tortles' preferences.
The best options are:
- Give Gustav the dwarven army axe (5)
- Give Johann the old rake handle (4)
- Give Wolfgang the mismatched set of cutlery (1)
- Give Alfred the rabid chinchompa (8)
When you give the weapons to each tortle, talk with Wolfgang so the tortles can start gear up and train. After the cutscene, talk with Wolfgang again.
Congratulations, miniquest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Tortle lamp of construction which gives 10,000 Construction XP
- Tortle lamp of farming which gives 1,000 Farming XP
- Tortle lamp of magic which gives 1,000 Magic XP
- Ninja Tortle Hood cosmetic override
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Tortle Combat (miniquest) ( 5) – Complete this Novice miniquest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Tortle Combat is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 February 2021 (Update):
- Added the option to reset the weapon puzzle in Tortle Combat. Players who might have previously gotten stuck can now continue the quest by using this option.
- patch 8 February 2021 (Update):
- A sneaky set of deadly weapons from the Tortle Combat miniquest somehow made their way to the Grand Exchange. The Ninjas have now removed this listing and are pointing fingers at their pet chinchompa for this incident.
- Rabbits that have only just become adults can now be fed dense honeycomb for the Tortle Combat miniquest.
- ninja 1 February 2021 (Update):
- After a recent incident involving several tortles, the Ninjas have fine-tuned the Trap Telekinesis spell's teleportation mechanic.
- update 1 February 2021 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Listen here, kid - never mess around with teleportation! Now that the Trap Telekinesis spell has been invented we've been receiving strange reports from all over Gielinor, and the latest one is right here in the Varrock Sewers. Apparently some tortles were accidentally teleported in from the Maw, and the experience has made them a little... 'different'. Go help them out, will ya?
- Added to game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of this miniquest is a reference to the Mortal Kombat video game franchise.
- The miniquest characters are a reference to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The tortles live in a sewer, are capable of human speech, have a love of pizza, are named after (musical) artists, associate themselves with rats, and try to base their combat style on ninjas.
- Edvard the Tortle can be found lost and confused in the central area of the Abyss following the completion of this quest.