|Release date||5 December 2005 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Near any Farming patch|
|Gender||Male / Female|
|Examine||Looks after your farming tools.|
|NPC ID||? (edit)|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Tool leprechauns are non-player characters found wandering near Farming patches around Gielinor. They provide three basic functions: storing Farming tools, exchanging harvested items into banknotes, and teleporting players to the Vinesweeper minigame. They are replaced by tool elves in Isafdar and Prifddinas.
A tool leprechaun may occasionally appear at Manor Farm, asking for help with an easy Farming Guild request.
Storing[edit | edit source]
Leprechauns will store many of the tools that players use for Farming, but they will not store seeds or crops. The tools stored are available to all the leprechauns. Leprechaun Larry (found on Troll Stronghold) sells an assortment of Farming-related items.
All Tool leprechauns can carry various Farming tools for you and you can retrieve them from any leprechaun:
- Farming rake - for removing weeds.
- Seed dibber - to plant any seed except trees.
- Watering can - to water vegetables, flowers, and hops as well as tree seedlings.
- All-purpose spade - for harvesting or clearing patches. Used to remove dead plants.
- Gardening trowel - for filling a plant pot with soil and putting a tree seed into a plant pot.
- Secateurs - for pruning diseased trees or removing Willow branches.
- Empty buckets (up to 255)
- Normal compost (up to 255)
- Supercompost (up to 2,000)
- Ultracompost (up to 2,000)
- Plant cure (up to 255)
- Scarecrows (up to 5)
- Planks (up to 255)
- Miraculous treatments (up to 2,000)
Features[edit | edit source]
A feature of the tool leprechaun is that they will swap harvested crops for banknotes if the player uses the item on it—this includes clean herbs. The one exception to this is the leprechaun at South Falador allotment, who will refuse to exchange cabbages, claiming that the whole farm stinks of them. Leprechauns will not note nightshades, or logs.
Leprechauns can also automatically add compost, supercompost or ultracompost as soon as a patch is cleared. Payment must be done before a patch is cleared, or else the leprechaun will not auto add compost. This costs 500 coins per compost, 1,500 coins per supercompost and 2,500 coins per ultracompost. Up to 60,000 can be queued for auto adding. For this to work, the leprechaun must have compost, supercompost or ultracompost stored, and the player will be notified when the last one has been used. The bucket containing the compost will be consumed in the process.
Leprechauns, except for the leprechaun on Harmony Island and Leprechaun Larry, can also teleport players to the Vinesweeper minigame. To do this, players can right-click on it and select 'teleport'. The leprechaun will then say "Avach nimporto!", and the player will arrive at the minigame. There is a portal north-east of the farmhouse to return to the patch.
Leprechauns[edit | edit source]
|A tree in Lumbridge Swamp during the Lost City quest.|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 September 2020 (Update):
- ninja 23 April 2019 (Update):
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Removed the word 'farming' when adding items to either the Tool Leprechaun's farming store or Lady Ithell's Crystal Seed storage. They both had the word farming in the phrase when storing items because they ran through a similar check, but it's pretty obvious which one you're looking at so there's no need to mention farming!
- patch 1 October 2018 (Update):
- Players can now store tools with tool leprechauns by using objects on them.
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- The storage options for the Tool Leprechaun have been slightly tweaked, making item retrieval default from storage to un-noted with a right click option to retrieve noted items where applicable.
- ninja 10 September 2018 (Update):
- The tool leprechaun at the Lumbridge hops patch now appears in f2p worlds.
- ninja 21 August 2017 (Update):
- ninja 24 July 2017 (Update):
- Tool leprechauns can now store 1000 supercompost (up from 255).
- Tool leprechauns can now store 255 planks.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- ninja 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Several functional right-click options on NPCs have been made the default left-click option, including the Tool Leprachauns's tool exchange and various ship boarders.
- ninja 1 February 2016 (Update):
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Farming leprechauns can now swap clean erzille herbs for the noted variant.
- patch 7 September 2010 (Update):
- The magic watering can was incorrectly named as a fairy watering can when it leprechaun tool storage.
- patch 9 September 2009 (Update):
- Put the scarecrow graphic back on the leprechaun tool exchange interface.
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- Leprechauns can no longer send you to Winkin's Farm if you are teleblocked (unless you are wearing the appropriate bracelet on a non-PVP world).
- update 27 May 2009 (Update):
- Tool leprechauns' graphical models are diversified. Prior to this, all Leprechauns looked alike.
25 February 2009 (
- Tool leprechauns received a graphical update.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the player attempts to exchange a non-notable item the leprechaun will say, "Nay, I've got no banknotes to exchange for that item" or if it cannot be a note, "Nay, I can't turn that into a banknote.". If the player attempts to exchange a banknote, the leprechaun will exclaim, "That IS a banknote!"
- While doing the Lost City Quest talking to a tool leprechaun will result in them mentioning someone knocking Shamus out of his tree.
- At least one of the unnamed leprechauns is named Patrick as revealed in Postbag from the Hedge 38.
- If a system update occurs while cutting an evil tree the rewards can be claimed from a tool leprechaun because the evil tree will be gone.
- Sometime during March/April 2012, the Leprechauns in the Falador Park and Rimmington areas had their magic wands updated to have colourful particle effects instead of a trail of rainbows.
- Tool leprechauns appear to have a symbol on their chest when bloom is turned on.
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear|
|Farming reputation boons|