"Tokkul ring" and "TzHaar ring" redirects here. For the throwing ranged
weapon, see Toktz-xil-ul
The Tokkul-Zo is a ring received as a reward for completing The Elder Kiln quest. It boosts damage against TzHaar, Fire or Obsidian creatures (meaning TzHaar, volcanic creatures inside Fight Cave or TokHaar) by 10%. However, the ring will not work with the TokTz-Ket-Dill from the Dominion Tower. This damage boost stacks with slayer helm boost while on a slayer task.
It comes with 4000 charges, which are used when the player attacks a Lava or Obsidian creature. One charge is used every time you hit. Multiple hits in a single attack will take multiple charges. For example, if you use the Fury ability with a 2 handed weapon, 3 charges are depleted because 3 hits are executed each time you use the ability.
The ring can be recharged by paying either TzHaar-Mej-Jeh or TzHaar-Mej-Ak 50,000 Tokkul for a completely depleted ring. This works out to be 12.5 Tokkul per missing charge.
If you die with the ring, you will be able to retrieve it from your grave (or Death). Regardless of how the ring is retrieved (protected or otherwise), all of its charges will remain intact. It costs 1,500 coins to reclaim it from Death, so it is recommended to save more costly items over it, or protect items that degrade.
If you lose the ring by other means, you can retrieve another one by speaking to TzHaar-Mej-Ak or TzHaar-Mej-Jeh. It will be uncharged, so you will have to speak with them to charge it.
The ring can also be used to teleport to and around the TzHaar City. The possible locations to where you can teleport are:
The ring must have at least one charge to be able to teleport, although teleporting does not use any charges. An uncharged ring does not have the teleport option and must be recharged to regain the teleport ability. The teleport cannot be used in combat.
The TokKul-Zo is very useful for gaining quick access to the Fairy ring network from anywhere in the world, as the Fight Cave teleport is just south of the fairy ring for TzHaar, BLP.
All of the teleport locations also have a bank close to them, which is convenient for tasks that require frequent banking. Because of its ability to grant players quick access to a bank and the Fairy ring network, the TokKul-Zo can be a very useful item.
The ring has no combat bonuses when it is uncharged in addition to not being able to teleport.
TokKul-Zo has the same Strength bonuses as an imbued gold ring, but with a lower Armour bonus.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- There are no longer two "charges remaining" lines displayed in the tooltip for the TokKul-Zo (Charged)
- patch 1 July 2019 (Update):.
- The Tokkul-Zo now opens a teleport selection interface when used from the action bar.
- patch 23 July 2018 (Update):
- The TokKul-Zo will now display the amount of charges rather than percentage.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Tokkul-Zo teleport options have been put into a standard interface, rather than dialogue options.
- Even though the TokKul-Zo is supposed to work against "TzHaar, Fire and Obsidian creatures," it has no effect on fire giants as no charges are used.
- The ring initially held 3,000 charges but was increased to 4,000 on 18 March 2013. After the update, all existing rings retained their previous charges.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the TokKul-Zo offered much stronger bonuses and is a good all-purpose ring for combat, but the update made it much weaker than many rings that are easier to obtain.