|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Ore||Tin ore (262 coins)|
|This rock contains tin.|
|talk • view|
Mining[edit | edit source]
|Mining level||1||Critical hit chance|
|Stone spirit||Tin||Rockertunity multiplier|
|Durability||40||Double ore chance|
|Base ore||1||Geode chance|
|Varrock armour double chance||10%||15%|
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Desert Mining Camp||4||Tourist Trap|
|Dwarven bronze mine||5||none|
|Lumbridge south-east mine||3||None|
|Tutorial Island mine||4||Partial completion of Tutorial Island|
|Varrock south-east mine||1||None|
|Varrock south-west mine||2||None|
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Tin stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||290||Not alchemisable|
|Sedimentary geode||1||Varies[d 2]||1||1|
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Tin rocks were updated in March 2011 with the Lumbridge Swamp graphical rework, however they weren't updated in other areas until the release of 2011 Easter event. They were updated again with the release of Mining and Smithing rework in January 2019.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The mine to the south east of Varrock now houses tin ore, as previously stated on the world map icon tooltip.
- The Varrock south-east mining icon now includes tin ore (but not enough to spawn rockertunities).
31 January 2012 (
- Mining rocks and veins have been renamed using the respective ore names.
- update 19 April 2011 (Update):
- The graphical update to mining rocks released with the Lumbridge Swamp improvement has been applied across the rest of the game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tin ore, like all other mined rocks, used to respawn at a rate indirectly proportional to the number of people in the rock's RuneScape world before the update on 13 March 2017.