For the utility tool, see knife.
Throwing knives are created via Smithing. Each bar will produce 25 knives of the corresponding metal.
Types of knives[edit | edit source]
|Off-hand bronze knife||1||-||-||-||Thrown||24||150||42|
|Off-hand iron knife||10||-||-||-||Thrown||48||202||57|
|Off-hand steel knife||20||-||-||-||Thrown||96||316||104|
|Off-hand black knife||25||-||-||-||Thrown||120||381||124|
|Off-hand mithril knife||30||-||-||-||Thrown||144||454||178|
|Off-hand adamant knife||40||-||-||-||Thrown||192||628||357|
|Off-hand rune knife||50||-||-||-||Thrown||240||850||342|
|Off-hand dragon knife||60||-||-||-||Thrown||288||1132||1,046|
Dungeoneering knives[edit | edit source]
|Tier||Item||Levels to use|
|1||Novite knife||1 Ranged|
|2||Bathus knife||10 Ranged|
|3||Marmaros knife||20 Ranged|
|4||Kratonite knife||30 Ranged|
|5||Fractite knife||40 Ranged|
|6||Zephyrium knife||50 Ranged|
|7||Argonite knife||60 Ranged|
|8||Katagon knife||70 Ranged|
|9||Gorgonite knife||80 Ranged|
|10||Promethium knife||90 Ranged|
|11||Primal knife||99 Ranged|
Update history[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When you cut a cactus in the desert, the animation shows you using a bronze throwing knife instead of a regular knife.
- In April 2011 the knives were changed so that they were held by the tip of the blade rather than the handle. This is in consistency with the use of real throwing knives. (Physically you may use any knife as a throwing implement, you have to hold the end that's lightest, which is determined by where the fulcrum point is, basically you hold and throw from the side that has the greatest length to the fulcrum point.)
- Before the Evolution of Combat update allowed throwing axes to be smithed, throwing knives were the only ranged weapons created using only the Smithing skill.
- Throwing knives were members-only until the Free-to-Play Extravaganza update on 29 February 2016 introduced dual wielding to free-to-play worlds.
- These knives are actually shaped differently from true throwing knives, which have two sharpened points and an elongated rhombus shape. But, these knives are shaped correctly for what is known as the spear, arrow, or combat knife-throwing style, which is how the player uses them. See knife throwing.