Thok Your Block Off
|Thok Your Block Off|
|Release date||24 April 2012 (Update)|
|Quest series||Fremennik Sagas|
|Main developer(s)||Mod Giragast|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Skaldrun after finding the Rock and twine bundle.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Side objectives[edit | edit source]
The following must be completed to reach 100% completion and receive the unabridged tome:
- Make the "Best Thing Ever" from promethium ore and soulbell, and give it to Pretty Lass
- Fish Mini-marm and Mrs mini-marm
- Kill enough monsters more than Marmaros to get a "glorious" victory (You must kill 4+ more enemies than Marmaros.)
Getting started[edit | edit source]
To start the saga, you must find a rock and twine bundle within the first set of the occult floors of Daemonheim (floors 36-40). These can be taken to Skaldrun outside of Daemonheim to begin the saga, which continues the story of Thok after the events of Thok It To 'Em.
Thok and his brother, Marmaros, are exploring the dungeons of Daemonheim, when they encounter "Bone Face". Thok manages to get his sword stuck in "Bone Face"'s head, and decides to pursue him through the dungeon, while Marmaros breaks off to go a separate route, the brothers agreeing to compete for the most kills.
At the top of the screen is a kills meter, showing the number of enemies Thok has slain compared to Marmaros. If you quickly attack foes, you should be able to easily beat Marmaros by the end of the saga. You must have at least 4 kills over Marmaros for 100% completion.
Venturing through the dungeon[edit | edit source]
The brothers arrive in the start room. Bone Face runs into one room while Marmaros runs into another. Thok is still angry about losing his sword, so he chases after him. The foes are easy to kill. However, it is highly advised to target the mages as they usually hit around 80-100 on him with ease and the other foes (except bosses) rarely deal damage that high onto him.
Venture through the dungeon, using keys when necessary. These keys take you to various places that end up to be dead ends with surprises in them. At several points, you face "reinforcement" rooms. These rooms continuously spawn enemies until a game message tells you it stops. The rooms are straightfoward and easy, so it should be easy. When all the enemies in a room are killed, Marmaros stops fighting until you begin to fight again.
At one point, Thok is poisoned, but the poison doesn't do any damage. It instead adds poison damage to your foes. When the poison damage hits, enemies yell out various phrases.
Marmaros talks to Thok at a point along the way, surprised that Thok's skin is green, but taunts Thok and maintains that he will win the kill count competition because Thok's sword is missing.
A gift for "Pretty Lass"[edit | edit source]
At one point, Thok encounters a dead end room containing a Promethium rock and a soulbell plant. Harvest both resources and use them on the spinning wheel in the same room to create the "Best Thing Ever".
In another room later on, Thok encounters "Pretty Lass". Thok blunders up trying to talk to her, but ends up giving her the "Best Thing Ever". She returns the favour by giving Thok a Fishy cake, which allows him to catch more fish from fishing spots. The Fishy cake cannot be eaten, and cannot be dropped.
This is required for the unabridged version.
Mini-Marm and Mrs Mini-Marm[edit | edit source]
Continuing through the dungeon, Thok again encounters Marmaros, who mentions that he has lots of fish, and encourages Thok to try the fishing spot behind him. Thok uses the fishing spot, but states that he only finds crabs, which results in Marmaros running off laughing. Shortly after, Thok finds Mini-marm, from Thok It To 'Em, as well as a new "lady friend", Mrs Mini-Marm. They are required for the unabridged version. Thok equips the crabs as weapons, which greatly increase his attack power. The crabs also help at times dealing small damage to enemies, who yell out random phrases when hit. The second checkpoint is also reached once they are collected.
At some point shortly later, a Mini-Mini-Marm plops into Thok's inventory.
Thok also encounters a Ferret of Doom behind the crimson diamond room (note: the key for the crimson diamond room drops in the room after the one with the locked door), which Mini-Marm and Mrs Mini-Marm tries and spur him onwards to, but several Ferret of Doom's friends quickly appear, frightening Thok into running away. Due to Thok's fear of ferrets, clicking on the door causes Thok to run several spaces back, with a chatscreen of him yelling "NOOOOOOOO!".
"Bone Face"[edit | edit source]
Thok finally finds "Bone Face" again, who is hiding on top a pillar. He sends the Gravecreeper and the Hobgoblin Geomancer ("Derek") to attack Thok, as Thok's attacks are unable to hit them. He also adds a Gluttonous behemoth to the mix, so that Thok could attack something. The Gravecreeper and Derek do not attack you when they are summoned until the behemoth is attacked.
However, the gluttonous behemoth attacks the hobgoblin geomancer and the gravecreeper, using them as "carcasses" to heal itself. Thus, when Thok attacks the gluttonous behemoth, he can deal damage to all the bosses. Both "carcasses" are killed within 3 hits of the boss. Thok's hard hits are good enough to deal major damage on the boss, allowing it to kill the Gravecreeper and "Derek" faster. Don't block the boss or get too close to the supporting bosses, as this may cause a few delays if this happens. A bug can possibly occur, making it impossible to finish off the behemoth (repeatedly getting the boss to 1 hp, but never killing it). This can be circumvented by quitting the client and starting again from the last saved checkpoint, just before the boss fight.
Once killing them, Thok knocks "Bone Face" off the pillar, and takes the sword out from his head, despite the cries of the other. Thok decides to let "Bone Face" live, on the contract that "Bone Face" is never seen again.
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
Thok leaves the room, gets disoriented, and re-enters the room, finding "Bone Face" just after he left him, who is now singing praises of his life. Enraged that he's seeing "Bone Face" after he told him to never be seen again, Thok punches "Bone Face", killing him. Thok then releases Mini-marm and Mrs mini-marm at the pool he found them at, who then begin to form a crab army. A Brute then comes into the boss room, trying to wake the "Bone Face" up, whom Thok killed. Pretty Lass is in the fish room, and she quietly waits for Thok to come so they can have a date.
Hints[edit | edit source]
There are 3 checkpoints which allows you to retry small segments instead of the whole saga.
- Orange Shield Room
- Crab Fishing Room
- Boss Room
Try to have around 5+ at the Crab Room because the next few rooms are more difficult. If you need to reset to the last save point, drop combat (hide behind something) and log out. If you have a good kill count before the Boss Room checkpoint but messed up on the way there kill everything except the melee enemy, hide behind the fishing pool and log out.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
An abridged book, which when read, gives
- 53,440 experience (bonus experience will be used)
- 5,344 Dungeoneering tokens
Together, with the above rewards, an unabridged book, which when read, gives
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Thok Your Block Off ( 0) – Complete this Master saga.
Replayability[edit | edit source]
- Up to 1,637 Dungeoneering tokens per replay
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- patch 9 February 2015 (Update):
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to disconnect during the Thok Your Block Off saga.
- patch 9 April 2013 (Update):
- An issue with the action bar in Fremennik Sagas bypassing Prayer checks has been fixed.
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- The Fremennik Sagas: Thok Your Block Off secret challenge has been made a bit easier.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Players hairstyles are no longer altered when entering and leaving a Fremennik Saga.
- update 3 January 2013 (Update):
- Beating Marmaros's kill count in the Thok Your Block Off saga has been made easier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When Thok says, "Thok is taken by a fey mood", as the player enters the room with the soulbell and Promethium ore is a reference to the game Dwarf Fortress, in which dwarves in fortress mode often crave materials and create a mysterious yet legendary object. Thok makes the "best thing ever" which is one of those legendary items.
- When entering the boss room, "Bone Face" is standing on a pillar with Thok threatening him with killing him with it. Bone face says "Ha! Who ever heard of a boss killed by a pillar?", referring the final events of Salt in the Wound, in which Mother Mallum is killed by a giant pillar.
- When "Bone Face" refuses to let Thok pull the sword out he ends with "It's in the BONE!" which is probably a reference to the spear impaling scene in the movie "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls"
- The title is a play on the common phrase "Knock your block off".
- The Brutes on this floor seem to resemble the warped version of a brute, being covered in lava, despite the saga not taking place in the warped floors.
- There seem to be two types of room decorations, Abandoned and Furnished.
- The song played when Thok is in the room with the Promethium and Soulbell as well as in the room with Pretty Lass is the Spring Song music track unlocked during the 2011 Easter event.
- When poisoning/crab damaging with your punches, human enemies (Forgotten units), may say "Ack! Poison!" and other quotes.
- Despite having a Furnished styled theme, none of the bosses (a Gravecreeper, Hobgoblin Geomancer, Unholy cursebearer and a Gluttonous Behemoth) are normally found in that floor set.
- The boss room seems to be that of Night-gazer Khighorahk, as there are Pillars of light at the corners. They cannot be lit, however. The entrance to the next level is also missing and there is a regular door on one side of the boss' room.
- Due to the Evolution of Combat update, a few issues/implements have been added:
- Thok's fists now count as a one-handed melee weapon. Therefore, he is able to use one-handed melee abilities, including defensive ones.
- Upon attacking a monster, what Thok interprets them as quickly changes into their actual name. For example, attacking a "Weaker than Thok", and hovering your mouse over them reveals their actual name as Forgotten warrior.
- The doors seem to be incorrect. In an actual dungeon, the door leading to a boss is a regular/guardian door, and the boss door is placed inside the boss' room. However, in this saga, it is the other way around.
- The skeletons in the saga have a unique model not seen anywhere else, being smaller and hunchbacked.
- A small tune is played and Thok holds Fishy Cake above his head when he obtains it, referencing the Legend of Zelda.
- During the saga, one of the Forgotten Warriors seems to use a "Protect from Thok" prayer, but Thok easily hits through it.
|Saga #5 of the Fremennik Sagas|