The Third Age, also known as The God Wars, is one of the six ages of Gielinor. The Third Age lasted four thousand years and officially began when Zamorak, returning from his banishment as a god, began a war to retrieve the Stone of Jas which had been previously confiscated from him by Saradomin in the previous age. This war, also known as the God Wars, would span through the entire age and saw many significant events that shape the world even today, most dominated by war and the gods.
They only ended when Zamorak, cornered by Saradomin, Armadyl, and Bandos in Forinthry, used the Stone of Jas as a last ditch effort to save himself. This would result in the whole of Forinthry being destroyed, scarring the land so harshly that nothing would ever grow. Meanwhile, the druids of Guthix had been attempting to end the war by waking the god of balance; four of them, Atrew, Thera, Ria and Rief, conducted a ritual that succeeded in doing so. Guthix, horrified and saddened deeply by the destruction he saw, slammed a giant blade into the middle of Forinthry (what is now known as the Wilderness Volcano) establishing the Edicts of Guthix. These edicts banished most current gods from Gielinor, and prevented new ones from coming to the planet so that nobody could destroy it further.
Major events[edit | edit source]
- Zarosian Extermination; after the betrayal of Zaros, the other gods began near complete destruction of any trace of Zaros (including records, cities, worship, followers, etc).
- Creation of Third age armour.
- Deaths of hundreds of millions on each side.
- Scarring of Gielinor.
- Extinction of virtually all Aviantese, Icyene, Centaurs, light creatures, wyrms, white dragons, orks, ourgs, fayrgs, and raurgs that resided on Gielinor.
- The Fist of Guthix is discovered, and the Guthixian Guardian Fiara is tasked with guarding it after the war.
- The Dwarves established Keldagrim; the Menaphites, Sophanem and Menaphos; the armies of Saradomin, Saranthium.
- Azzanadra, a powerful high-ranking Zarosian Mahjarrat, is imprisoned in Jaldraocht Pyramid.
- Athanakos, another Zarosian Mahjarrat, is turned into a boneguard by his rival, the Mahjarrat Enahkra.
- Establishment of the Edicts of Guthix, banishing all the gods from Gielinor.
- Establishment of the Guardians of Guthix, creation of the Balance Elemental.
Major battles[edit | edit source]
- Battle for the Ritual Site
- Dorgeshuun Civil War
- Fall of Hallowvale
- Morytania Campaign
- Assassination of Elspeth
- Kharidian Desert Campaign
- Battle of Uzer
- Battle of Ullek
- Battle of the Godsword
- Many many other battles that have been lost to time