Third age full helmet
|Third age full helmet|
|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||54,000 coins|
|Low alch||36,000 coins|
|Ancient armour beaten from magical silver.|
|Exchange||57,028,110 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The third age full helmet is a members-only piece of armour that is part of the Third age warrior set. To wear the helmet the player needs at least 65 Defence. To obtain a third age full helmet the player can either complete a Level 3 Treasure trail, trade with another player, or buy in the Grand Exchange.
It used to be the best non-degrading defensive helmet in the game until the release of Bandos helmet. Many players prefer a Helm of neitiznot for the prayer bonus or barrows helmets for defence (although those degrade in combat) over the third age full helmet, as they are much cheaper.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part, per item roll - with an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||259.8||PvM: 1.3%||PvP: 2.4375%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Giant Oyster||N/A||1||1/40551[dr 1]||N/A|
|Reward casket (hard)||Hard||1||1/40551[dr 1]||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Third age full helmet|
|Disassembly category||Melee armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||28.5%|
|7 × Third-age components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the dragon full helm first came out, its stats beat the third age full helmet's original stats in each section. Jagex then updated the 3rd age full helmet, which is now slightly stronger than the dragon full helm.
- The Third Age full helmet closely resembles Ancient Greek Corinthian helmets. The only difference is that these helmets do not have the horsehair plume.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Maylea. "Treasure Trails Q&A Answers!." 28th of September 2010. News & Announcements Forums.
- ^ RuneScape Twitch channel. RuneScape 3 - 10,000 Hard Clue Casket Rewards with Mods Simon and James!. 12 May 2015.Lost reference*
Third age equipment