Quick guide for The Tourist Trap
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Irena, the woman crying at the Shantay Pass, south of Al Kharid.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
- Begin the quest by talking to Irena (south of Shantay Pass).
- Run south and slightly west to the gate of the Desert Mining Camp.
- Talk to Mercenary Captain (the one with the all-grey shield).
- Kill Mercenary Captain him to obtain a metal key.
- Unequip all armour (includes amulets, rings, etc.) and weapons, and keep them unequipped whenever inside the mining camp or mine.
Entering the mine[edit | edit source]
- Open the gate to enter the camp.
- Once inside, enter the north building and search the table for a cell door key.
- Go east to the mine door entrance and talk to the male slave on the east of the camp (it's the one who never mines).
- If a guard catches you unlocking the slave's chains and you end up in the cell, bend the bars on the window and escape. Talk to the slave to try again.
- While wearing the slave outfit, open the mine door entrance. The outfit must be equipped any time you enter the mine.
- Upon entering, head north and follow the cave around until you come to a guarded cave entrance.
- Attempt to walk through the mine cave.
- Right-click and talk to one of the guards.
- Head back to the mine doors and exit.
- Remove the slave outfit, leave the Desert Mining Camp, and run west to the Bedabin Camp.
- Talk to Al Shabim in the southernmost tent to receive the Bedabin key.
The plans[edit | edit source]
- Run east back to the Desert Mining Camp and climb the ladder in the white building.
- On the western wall search the southernmost bookcase.
- Talk to Captain Siad and ask him if you can chat with him, then mention the sailing book.
- Open the chest beside the table to get the plans.
- Go back to the Bedabin Camp and show Al Shabim the plans.
- Enter the tent to the north.
- Use a bronze bar on the anvil and answer the prompt to create a prototype dart tip.
- Use a feather on the dart tip to make a prototype dart.
- Take this back to Al Shabim. He will take the prototype dart, technical plans, and Bedabin key in exchange for a bronze dart and Tenti pineapple.
Finding Ana[edit | edit source]
- Wear the slave outfit, head back down into the mine and give the pineapple to one of the guards.
- Walk through the mine cave and run east to the mine cart.
- Right-click and search one of the empty barrels nearby and answer the prompt to take it.
- Right-click and search the cart to ride it to the other side, answering the prompt to confirm. If you fail, try again.
- Go down the north-western passageway containing a large number of slaves at the end and you will find Ana.
- Use the barrel in your inventory on Ana to squeeze her inside it, and head back to the mine cart.
Rescuing Ana[edit | edit source]
- Use Ana on the mine cart first, then ride it yourself when it comes back.
- Search the barrels around the cart and retrieve the one that has Ana in it.
- Use the winch bucket north-west of the cart to put the barrel on it.
- Accept the guard's offer for help and give him a compliment.
- Head back to the surface and go to the winch bucket in the south-western corner of the camp.
- Operate it and then search the barrel west of it.
- Search the wooden cart at the centre of the camp, then use Ana on the cart.
- Talk to the Mine cart driver.
- Search the cart and answer the prompt to get on.
- Run north-east towards the Shantay Pass and talk to Irena.
- Congratulations, quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 4,650 experience in your choice of two from the following skills (you may pick the same skill twice): Agility, Fletching, Smithing or Thieving
- Ability to smith darts
- A wrought iron key for access to the Desert Mining Camp and the cave beneath it
- Full slave robes
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The Tourist Trap is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Hopespear's Will
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Curse of Zaros
- The General's Shadow
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Wandering Ga'al
|Related to the Desert quest series|