Quick guide for The Tale of the Muspah
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Erjolf, who can be found north-east of Rellekka, at a cave entrance halfway up the snow-covered mountain path|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Erjolf on the mountain north-east of Rellekka.
- Enter the Cave opening.
- Jump the rock to cross the river.
- Talk to Erjolf about his progress and offer to help.
Jump the rock to cross the river.
Rafts of Fire[edit | edit source]
- Fill your inventory by taking from driftwood pile, then select Make-fireraft with them.
- The cave is navigable by jumping the flat rocks. Click Block-stream on the ice mounds by each cave water exit to block the streams. You may also unblock-stream where necessary. The lit rafts will melt the icicles when pushed near them.
- Talk to Erjolf.
The Monster in Ice[edit | edit source]
- Exit the cave, climb down the mountain and go north across the isthmus.
- Ascend the steps to the icy platform, head north-east and speak to the Natural historian.
- Describe the creature to him.
- Continue dialogue with the historian.
- Head north of Pollnivneach to a sand pile.
- Dig the sand pile.
- After Ali the Wise speaks, talk again and ask about the Muspah.
The Muspah's True Form[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 4 cut sapphires, 8 water runes, and 8 cosmic runes
- Head back to the Muspah cave.
- If you haven't obtained sapphires yet, mine the sapphire rocks nearby.
- Cross the floating bridge. Left-click bore-sapphires on the ice block, then enchant-sapphires.
- Take the sapphires or more will have to be obtained.
- Talk to the Muspah and offer to help.
Hibernating[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 4 water runes and 4 cosmic runes, 4 sapphires
- Talk to Erjolf just outside the chamber.
- Go to the north-west corner (near the Transportation icon) of the Rellekka Hunter area.
- Make-canoe with the fallen log, then travel with the canoe.
- Enter the cavern.
- Slightly south, talk to Jhallan.
- Do not have any followers summoned.
- Lead him to the south-west corner of the cave.
- At the end of the path, talk to Jhallan.
- After speaking, bore-sapphires on Jhallan, then enchant-sapphires on him.
Finishing Up[edit | edit source]
- Exit the cave, take the canoe back.
- Talk to Erjolf to give him the Muspah tail.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 1,000 experience
- 800 experience
- 800 experience
- 500 experience
- 200 experience antique lamp from the natural historian for any skill at or over level 10, which is required for the master quest cape
- New slayer cave full of jellies
- Access to ice strykewyrm cave and ice strykewyrms
- Unlocked dialogue with Ali the Wise about the Mahjarrat
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The Tale of the Muspah is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
|Part 1 of the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quest series • Related to the Fremennik quest series|