|Release||14 September 2004 (Update)|
|A huge beast, resembling in some ways a lion, but mostly a twisted nightmare.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|10 / 6 / 3|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||? (edit)|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
The Shaikahan is a lionlike creature which prowls the eastern jungle of Karamja (usually south of fairy ring DKP) and is involved in the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, where the player must help Tamayu defeat it. The Shaikahan is immune to normal damage and can only be killed via poison, dreadnips, Summoning familiars, Deflect Curses, or a ring of recoil. These methods are the only way to damage the Shaikahan before and after the quest is complete. It has a unique drop of Shaikahan bones, which give 25 Prayer experience when buried.
NOTE for any players doing the Bury All achievement. The Shaikahan is currently bugged and will not drop bones if the player deals any poison damage to it. In order to kill it and have bones drop, deflect melee, ring of recoil, a deathtouch brace, dreadnips, and/or a damaging familiar must be used to kill it. In addition, players who are using a bonecrusher will need to toggle off jogre bones in the bonecrusher's settings in order to receive the bones drop.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Shaikahan likely shares a connection with Shaika, a deity mentioned in The End of Gara-Dul.
- In the Monkey Madness quest, a monkey that the player rescues from the Ardougne Zoo occasionally has a nightmare about the Shaikahan.
- The Shaikahan received a graphical update on 25 May 2011. Before this update, it only had one tail.
- The Shaikahan is one of the few known lion-like monsters in RuneScape, along with Commander Zilyana's bodyguard Growler and the Saradominist prideleader.
- The Shaikahan does not appear on the minimap.
- The Shaikahan was previously vulnerable to Karambwan poisoned spears. However, after the Evolution of Combat update, these cannot be equipped.
- Despite Tamayu's description, the Shaikahan only stands up to the player's waist height.