The Lost Toys is a miniquest that was released ahead of the launch of River of Blood. Players must have completed In Search of the Myreque to begin the miniquest by speaking to Lex who is located in the Hair of the Dog inn in Canifis. The player hunts for 13 plushies lost throughout Morytania. Players receive a shiny columbarium key for each plushie that they find and squeeze and a cosmetic vampyre plushie override for finding all 13 toys. Finding all toys is a requirement for obtaining the completionist cape.
Upon returning all the plushies to Lex, he reveals himself as Lord Alexei Jovkai, which does not surprise the player. Alexei rewards the player with the Draccles plushie, a magical off-hand weapon and an override of the same item.
Requires Drakan's medallion, the Invitation Box, a charged wicked hood, the ectophial and assumes completion of the Myreque quest series up to The Lord of Vampyrium. Although you can follow Lex's clue order, you are not required to. You can collect all 13 toys in any order you like after you've agreed to help Lex. This route takes you to all 13 in the least amount of time.
- Start by teleporting to the Canifis lodestone. Run to the Hair of the Dog inn and speak to Lex. Agree to help him find the 13 toys.
- Run west to Paterdomus. Enter through the door and go down the trapdoor next to Drezel (or Ivan Strom). Collect Count Snugula, on the top shelf of a bookcase in the back corner of this downstairs room. You may need to reclaim the Temple library key from Drezel and use it on the slot in the eastern wall.
- Go back up the trap door and go up the northwestern ladder to Paterdomus or open the Invitation Box to teleport to the Empyrean Citadel, then open it again to the area west of Paterdomus. Head into the temple and make your way up to the top floor. In a bed in the jail cell is Mr Bitey.
- Teleport with the ectophial, if you have 92 agility go through Port Phasmatys run south and climb over the low wall. Otherwise, run south and around Port Phasmatys to enter the Araxyte Hive. Mr Puddles is stuck in a web on the western wall, just before the webbed entrance.
- If you have a wicked hood, directly teleport to the blood altar. Otherwise, if you have 65 Agility, exit using the south tunnel in Ivandis' tomb room and continue running east along this tunnel, past the agility shortcut, to the blood altar. If you do not have either of these, teleport to Meiyerditch Laboratories using Drakan's medallion and head to the blood altar. My Little Vanstrom is in a coffin just west of the altar.
- In the caves, run south and then east along the tunnel before heading south into a room of mutated bloodveld and finally west into the bloodveld chamber. Heartless is in the cooking range on the northern wall.
- Teleport with the medallion to the Meiyerditch Laboratories, or run along the tunnel east then south through the loop into the Meiyerditch Laboratories basement and go upstairs. Make your way into the Meiyerditch streets through the tapestry, then run north-west to the ladder entrance to the Meiyerditch mine. Vamplushie is in the south-west corner of the mine on a tipped over minecart.
- Use Drakan's medallion to teleport to Burgh de Rott. Enter the nearby cave entrance into Drakan's tomb. Vlad the Embracer is on the eastern edge of the pool of blood.
- Climb back up the rope, and run north to the Myreque Hideout (the house with the broken down wall and trapdoor). Blushie is on a chair downstairs in the inn.
- Teleport with the medallion again to Burgh de Rott, run south-east to the boat. Take the boat to the Icyene graveyard (you need to have started the Lord of Vampyrium for the option to show up). Alternatively teleport to the Everlight Dig Site and run south. Booboo is in the large swamp tree just west of the mausoleum entrance.
- Take the boat back to Burgh de Rott, then take it to Meiyerditch. Run north along the top of the wall while staying on the western side of the city. You will need to climb up and down a few ladders and through a barrier until you reach the walls surrounding Darkmeyer. Continue running around the castle until you are on the north side of the castle. Scare Bear is at the east end of the north wall.
- Teleport back to the Canifis lodestone and head south-east, or go to the fairy ring alq and run south-west. Directly to the south-west of the fairy ring in the haunted woods is Fangs, being held by a skeleton.
- Head southwest to get to the cave entrance (south of Canifis). Drakemon is hidden in the mushrooms on the east of the hollowed tree on the other side of the cave entrance.
- Enter the cave via the wooden doors, run north through the tunnel and take the northernmost cave entrance, which leads to Ivandis' tomb. In this cave on a rock north-west of the tomb is Draccles.
- Exit the cave, search the wall and climb up the ladder to return to Lex
- The Lost Toys ( 10) – Find and squeeze Morytania plushies, and return them to Lex in Canifis.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- The Lost Toys miniquest now requires Lord of Vampyrium, as it unlocks areas containing the last of the lost toys, so is required to complete the miniquest.
- The title is a reference to a vampire movie called 'The Lost Boys', made in 1987.
- If the player hasn't started The Lord of Vampyrium yet and asks Lex where he might have left another plushie after having gathered all the others Lex says he can't remember. This changes when the player has started the quest.