The Lost Grove
|The Lost Grove|
|Release date||25 September 2017 (Update)|
|No. of banks||None|
|No. of altars||None|
|No. of small obelisks||None|
|Teleportation||Fairy ring bjs (after completing with bittercap mushrooms)|
|Music||The Lost Grove|
|Inhabitants||Lost Grove creatures|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Lost Grove is an island west of Tirannwn, home to high-level slayer monsters and tree spirits. The Wisps of the Grove Distraction and Diversion is located here, and can be started by talking to Teelee.
The Grove contains an unknown power, which Guthix assigned to the anima-being Solak to protect the grove from those that would seek its power. During the Second Age, Seren sent a group of elite elven warriors to aid Solak in this task. One of these warriors, Erethdor, desired to take the power for his own, and was defeated by his siblings and Solak. His mental manifestation was split in half, with one part going to Solak and the other in a stone carried by his sister Merethiel. However, Solak was corrupted and was prompted to hide the island, resulting in its disappearance until the fifth year of the Sixth Age. Erethdor, having fully corrupted Solak's mind, plans to unleash the power on Gielinor, though his sister is determined to stop him at all costs.
Players can find some ruins that explain the lore of what happened in The Lost Grove with the elves and the walker Solak. These ruins are located at the north-east of the offering cradle and upon being examined state that "a Seren symbol is carved into the ruins".
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Players can get to The Lost Grove by inspecting the standstone south of the poison waste, west of the incandescent wisps colony. Using the fairy ring code BKP to go south of Castle Wars and running west is the fastest way to get there. Once they have arrived at The Lost Grove, they may use 5 bittercap mushrooms on the fairy ring near the middle of the island and use the code BJS to get there even faster in the future. Alternatively, one can also create a Solak party in the grouping system and use the group teleport.
Slayer[edit | edit source]
There are three level 140 monsters that inhabit the Grove that require the following Slayer levels to harm:
Vinecrawlers provide the most profit but least experience, while Moss golems provide the most experience but lowest profit. Bulbous crawlers are a mix between the two, offering a balanced amount of profit and experience rates.
Distraction and Diversion[edit | edit source]
Pets[edit | edit source]
There are two pets that can be found on the Lost Grove:
- Clover, unlocked by finding a mossy rock and attaching it to the headless moss golem.
- Vinny, obtained by participating in the Wisps of the Grove Distraction and Diversion.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- The Lost Grove
- Memories From The Grove
- Guardian of the Grove mvt.1 (unlocked at the start of the fight with Solak)
- Guardian of the Grove mvt.2 (unlocked at the start of the fight with Solak)
- Guardian of the Grove mvt.3 (unlocked at the start of the fight with Solak)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 June 2018 (Update):
- Another magical mushroom has appeared near the fairy ring in The Lost Grove, which acts as a shortcut down from the hill.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite appearing to be west of Tirannwn on the World Map, it is not actually physically located there, much like Braindeath Island and The Arc. The spot it appears on the map is actually occupied by Soul Wars, which the map shows to be south of Tirannwn.
- The Lost Grove shares many similarities with Kami-shima in the Wushanko Isles. Both are islands, that has been magically hidden away till just recently, both contains vast amounts of anima, both islands are inhabited by creatures made of the island's bountiful energy, and both islands have been threatened by individuals who wish to extort that energy; Erethdor and Davosi, respectively.