The Lady of the Lake
|The Lady of the Lake|
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Merlin's Crystal|
|Examine||A powerful sorceress who guards Excalibur.|
|NPC ID||15778, 15779|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Lady of the Lake gives the player Excalibur after her test in Merlin's Crystal. After meeting her in southeast Taverley, on the peninsula in the middle of Lake Crystalmere, she asks players to go to the jewellery shop in Port Sarim. When they step in, a Beggar will appear. The player must give the beggar some bread, and, when done, the beggar will turn into the Lady of the Lake and award the player with Excalibur.
If you lose your Excalibur, you can visit her and pay 500 coins for another one. She says that it will help her save up for a new dress.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- Players can no longer wield two enhanced excaliburs by speaking to the Lady of the Lake with Excalibur equipped.
- patch 19 September 2012 (Update):
- The Lady of the Lake now has a right-click "Claim Excalibur" option after completing Merlin's Crystal.
- patch 26 October 2009 (Update):
- Ensured that the Lady of the Lake will enchant Excalibur for you if you ask (after completing the Seers' Village Achievement Diary).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Celtic mythology, The Lady of the Lake is the woman who reached out of the water to catch Excalibur when it was thrown into the Lake, by Bedivere, when Arthur was dying. She is also the person who originally gave it to him. Due to this, it can be assumed that the Lady of the Lake may have close ties with King Arthur. Also, on top of all of that, she is the mother of Sir Lancelot in the stories and sends him to King Arthur for his training. If players do not give bread to the Beggar, the Lady of the Lake will not think they are worthy to have Excalibur.
|Part 1 of the Camelot quest series|