Quick guide for The Great Brain Robbery
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Brother Tranquillity, who is located just off the docks on Mos Le'Harmless.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Bank any familiars or pets, as you'll be diving in the quest, and it is not possible to do so with a familiar out. If you have a hammer in your tool belt, you will need to get one from a general store, as you will lose it.
Disharmony[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Mos Le'Harmless (fairy ring DIP if you have repaired the bridge), walk a bit north off the dock and talk to Brother Tranquillity (if you arrived via the fairy ring, run into town and he is north of the docks).
- Run outside and head slightly north to the statue. Pull the Statue, then Climb-down Statue.
- Equip your diving gear and descend the stairs.
- Run past the zombie pirates.
- Repair the stairs at the end of the tunnel, then climb up them.
- Climb the next ladder.
- Peer-through the peephole on the wall.
- Make your way back to Brother Tranquillity on Harmony Island and speak with him.
- Travel to the monastery in Edgeville.
- Search the bookshelves in the south-west corner of the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] to find a prayer book.
- Read the book.
- Head back to Brother Tranquillity who teleports you to Harmony Island.
- Wear your holy symbol and recite the prayer book by right-clicking on it.
Family doctor[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brother Tranquillity.
- Travel to Dr Fenkenstrain's abode, which is directly north-east of the Canifis lodestone.
- Go up on the staircase in the north-western corner.
- Go up on the northern ladder behind the jail gate.
- Talk to Dr Fenkenstrain.
- After talking to Dr Fenkenstrain, you will be able to use a plank and bear fur on a crafting table in a player-owned house to make 10 wooden cats. You can also buy them straight off the Grand Exchange.
Err... Meow?[edit | edit source]
- Make sure you have at least two open inventory slots, and equip your ring of charos (a).
- Talk to Rufus, in the Canifis meat store.
- Travel back to Dr Fenkenstrain with all of the required items.
- Build the crate on the hotspot.
- Add-bottom on the crate.
- Finally fill the crate with the wooden cats.
- Blow the wolf whistle to call Rufus.
- Use the shipping order on the crate.
Scrubs[edit | edit source]
- Travel back to Mos Le'Harmless.
- Buy a hammer from the Trader Crewmember (Located to the South-West of the dock)
- Speak with Brother Tranquillity to get back on Harmony Island.
- Climb down the ladder and talk to Dr Fenkenstrain.
- Put on your diving suit and head north from the granary to the ship that had run aground.
- Search the locker on the west end of ground floor to get a fuse.
- Climb up a level to get a tinderbox then climb up the stairs to get a keg of powder.
- Go to the front door of the monastery (the main building on Harmony Island) and use the keg on the door.
- Use the fuse on the door, then use your tinderbox on the fuse.
- Kill some sorebones until you get the following items:
- Go back to the granary and hand those over to Dr Fenkenstrain. Make sure to give him a hammer or you will be stuck.
- After the cutscene, go upstairs and talk to Brother Tranquillity.
Barrelchest[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Food and potions
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 6,000 experience
- 3,000 experience
- 2,000 experience
- A blessed lamp, granting 5,000 experience in any skill above level 30
- Barrelchest anchor (If broken, use on Pirate Smith on the docks of Mos Le'Harmless, while having the Book o' piracy and 230,000 coins in your inventory)
- Prayer book
- Access to Harmony Island
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The Great Brain Robbery is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- A Clockwork Syringe
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Fortunes (miniquest)
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Pieces of Hate
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
|Part 4 of the Pirate quest series|