Quick guide for The Golem
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||clay golem at the Ruins of Uzer, in the Kharidian Desert.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Statuette[edit | edit source]
- Pick up and read the Letter west of the broken clay golem.
- Climb down the stairs in the ruins right next to the golem.
- Take a strange implement from the north-western room.
- Pick a black mushroom, found at the east wall of the eastern room.
- Talk to Elissa who is at the north-eastern part of the Varrock Dig Site.
- Head to the Exam Centre just south of the Dig Site.
- Search the bookshelf on the southern wall and read Varmen's notes.
- Talk to Curator Haig Halen in the Varrock Museum about the statuette.
- Pickpocket him for the display cabinet key.
- Head upstairs and open the northwestern most case to get the statuette.
The Portal[edit | edit source]
- Return to Shantay Pass and go east towards the start of the quest until you get to the bridge near the Dominion Tower.
- Instead of crossing the bridge, go north along the west side of the river. Grab a phoenix feather from the Desert Phoenix.
- Go to the ruins of Uzer where you started the quest and again go down the stairs.
- In the centre of the room will be four alcoves. Place the statuette in the empty one.
- Turn both west statuettes left and both east statuettes right. There is only an option to "Turn statuette in alcove" so pay attention to your chat box to see which way each one turns. You may have to click "turn" more than once.
- Go north, through the double doors.
- Go back through the south portal.
The Golem[edit | edit source]
- Go back upstairs and talk to the golem.
- With an empty vial in your inventory, right-click grind the black mushroom.
- Use the phoenix feather on the black mushroom ink.
- Use the phoenix quill pen on a piece of papyrus to get the golem program.
- Use the Strange implement on the golem then quickly use the newly acquired golem program on the golem.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 1,000 experience
- 1,000 experience
- As an extra reward, you may search Thammaron's throne to get six gems – 2 rubies, 2 emeralds, and 2 sapphires – if you did not do so during the quest
- A new magic carpet route to the ruins of Uzer
- Ability to collect multiple phoenix feathers
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The Golem is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Children of Mah
- Crocodile Tears
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dimension of Disaster: Demon Slayer
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Evil Dave's Big Day Out
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Evil Dave
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
|Related to the Desert quest series|