Quick guide for The Golem
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||clay golem at the Ruins of Uzer, in the Kharidian Desert.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to Al-Kharid and head south to the Shantay Pass (Amulet of glory teleports you straight here).
- Head east of the Shantay Pass to Uzer. (North East Of Fairy ring DLQ)
- Talk to the Broken clay golem.
- With 4 soft clay in your inventory, use 1 on the golem. All 4 will be used to repair the golem.
- Talk to the golem.
Statuette[edit | edit source]
- Pick up and read the Letter west of the broken clay golem.
- Climb down the stairs in the ruins right next to the golem.
- Take a strange implement from the north-western room.
- Pick a black mushroom, found near the east wall of the north-eastern room.
- Teleport to the Varrock Dig Site using the Archaeology journal, or teleport to Varrock and run east.
- Talk to Elissa who is north-east of the teleport point (near The Stormbreaker ship).
- Head to the Exam Centre just south of the Dig Site.
- Search the bookshelf on the southern wall and read Varmen's notes.
- Talk to Curator Haig Halen in the Varrock Museum about the statuette.
- Pickpocket him for the display cabinet key.
- Head upstairs and use the display cabinet key on the northwestern most case to get the statuette.
The Portal[edit | edit source]
- Return to Shantay Pass and cross into the desert.
- Go north-east to the Desert Phoenix, and grab a phoenix feather.
- Make sure you un-equip any item porters, as wearing an activated Porter or Grace of the Elves will teleport the feather to your bank.
- Go to the ruins of Uzer where you started the quest and again go down the stairs.
- In the centre of the room will be four alcoves. Place the statuette in the empty one.
- Turn both west statuettes right and both east statuettes left so they all point north towards the double doors. There is only an option to "Turn statuette in alcove" so pay attention to your chat box to see which way each one turns. You may have to click "turn" more than once.
- Go north, through the double doors.
- Go back through the south portal.
The Golem[edit | edit source]
- Go back upstairs and talk to the golem.
- With an empty vial in your inventory, right-click and Grind the black mushroom.
- Use the phoenix feather on the black mushroom ink.
- Use the phoenix quill pen on a piece of papyrus to get the golem program.
- Use the Strange implement on the golem then quickly use the newly acquired golem program on the golem.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 1,000 experience
- 1,000 experience
- As an extra reward, you may search Thammaron's throne to get six gems – 2 rubies, 2 emeralds, and 2 sapphires – if you did not do so during the quest
- A new magic carpet route to the ruins of Uzer
- Ability to collect multiple phoenix feathers
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The Golem is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Crocodile Tears
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dimension of Disaster: Demon Slayer
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Evil Dave's Big Day Out
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Evil Dave
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
|Related to the Desert quest series|