The Empty Throne Room
|The Empty Throne Room|
|Release date||7 November 2016 (Update)|
|Main music||Calm Before the Storm|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Empty Throne Room (also known as the Senntisten digsite) is the excavated remains of the throne room of Zaros in the ancient city of Senntisten. It is located to the east of the Digsite. Level 65 in Agility and Divination and completion of The Dig Site is required for full participation in the excavation, but meeting the requirement in either of the skills allows access to that skill's related activity.
The throne room was excavated by Celia Diggory. According to her, it is full of latent divine energies. These energies had formed into crystals that covered the throne room when Celia first uncovered it, but they have been partially cleared away before the player arrives by Digsite workers and Doric and Son.
The player can assist in several activities around the excavation to train Agility and Divination. The content is designed to bridge the gap between levels 65 and 75 in a style similar to The Nexus. Once 800,000 experience in each skill has been gained, players can no longer interact with the Empty Throne Room. Players can check their current progress with Celia Diggory. The player can also obtain Senntisten scrolls, which can be handed in to Celia in exchange for translated letters.
It is recommended that the player uses these activities until level 75 in each skill, because they offer a significant increase in experience/hour over other available methods at level 65-75.
History[edit | edit source]
The Empty Throne Room was the centre of Zaros' Divine Palace in Senntisten and the room from which the god Zaros issued orders. During the Second Age, he summoned many of his followers and commanders to the Empty Throne Room, where he sought to root out the traitor in his army. He charged the Mahjarrat Azzanadra and Kharshai with uncovering the traitors and dealing with them accordingly, though they failed to identify the ringleader of the traitors: Legatus Maximus Zamorak. Zamorak and his most powerful followers took control of the palace and throne room, where the Mahjarrat general slew the god and took his power.
The throne room was uncovered in the Sixth Age and excavated by the combined efforts of Varrock Museum architects, dwarven miners and adventurers. When the Mahjarrat began rapidly losing energy, the World Guardian was dispatched by Kharshai to collect memories in order to find out what truly happened on the day of the betrayal.
Helping the excavation[edit | edit source]
There are two tasks that the player is able to assist with:
- moving the cart by riding a Manual Auto-cycle
- transmuting the Senntisten crystal into different colours.
Of each of the activities, one of their nodes is empowered at a time. The empowered node will change around every minute, and using an empowered node will grant ten times the experience.
Agility[edit | edit source]
Agility is trained at one of the six Manual Auto-cycles in the centre of the throne room. Cycling on an Auto-cycle will give Agility experience drops every 1.8 seconds (3.8 experience at a time), which are ten times higher (38.2 experience) if using an empowered Auto-cycle. Two of the Auto-cycles are operated by workers, but these can be ridden as well.
As the empowered Auto-cycle changes quite consistently, it is possible to perform this task semi-afk by setting a timer at an interval of around 1:00-1:04 to ring, giving enough time to change the cycle and profit off the 900% experience boost
Divination[edit | edit source]
At the top of the throne room, where one enters, there is a crystal storage bin where players can extract Senntisten crystals. There are four types of coloured crystal which they can be transmuted into - yellow, green, blue, and red. Each of these colours has a corresponding box that they must be deposited into. All colours give 1.9 experience per crystal or 19.8 experience per crystal if that colour is empowered. Depositing gives the same amount of experience.
Senntisten scrolls[edit | edit source]
Training at any of the skill nodes has a chance to add a Senntisten scroll to the player's inventory. These scrolls can then be handed to Celia Diggory, at the top of the throne room, who will take and translate them. After this the player can ask for a copy of the translated text from Celia. She will also return destroyed texts to the player. The texts are gained in a specific order:
- Letter signed 'Pontifex Madromurt'
- Letter signed 'Pontifex Nabor'
- Letter signed 'Pontifex Bilrach'
- Damaged digsite letter
Comparison of experience rates[edit | edit source]
The player can generally expect experience rates of 65,000 per hour transmuting crystals and 55,000-60,000 per hour pedalling auto-cycles. In comparison, a player could expect experience rates of 50,000 per hour harvesting and converting lustrous or cursed wisps (without the demonic skull), and 40,000 per hour running the Wilderness Agility Course (without the demonic skull).
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Sentient Letters ( 10) – Collect all the letters from the Senntisten digsite.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, players were unable to use the Manual Auto-cycle if the Crystal storage bin was full, and the dwarven miners deposited crystals to refine much slower than they currently do. Both of these changes were made in a hotfix on the day of release, in response to player feedback.
- The Infernal phrase ABSCONDITA EST IN ASTRA can be found above the mural on the easternmost part of the area. It can be translated to she was hidden in the star; however, since this does not quite make sense and based on a reasonable interpretation of what the author meant for this Latin phrase to translate to in English (it is hidden in the stars), the proper Latin phrase should be ID IN ASTRIS ABSCONDITUR. The stars in the middle of the mural form into the name of Jas.
- In the south-east corner of the Throne Room there are tools and crates buried by a sandbank, which can be seen only by clipping the camera through the floor.
- Mining the crystal formations used to be one of the tasks to help with the excavation, but the Mining and Smithing rework replaced this with the dark animica rocks on 7 January 2019.
|Part 5 of the Sliske quest series|