The Empty Throne Room
|The Empty Throne Room|
|Release||7 November 2016 (Update)|
|Music||Calm Before the Storm|
|Teleports||Dig Site pendant|
|doc • Talk page|
The Empty Throne Room (also known as the Senntisten Dig Site) is the excavated remains of the throne room of Zaros in the ancient city of Senntisten. It is located to the east of the Varrock Dig Site. Level 65 in Agility and Divination and completion of The Dig Site is required for full participation in the excavation, but meeting the requirement in either of the skills allows access to that skill's related activity.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
To reach the cavern players must first travel to the Varrock Dig Site.
- The Senntisten Teleport spell can be used to arrive directly to the entrance.
- Another alternative is to use the Dig Site pendant to teleport directly to the Dig Site.
- A free method to get there is using the Home teleport to the Varrock lodestone and run east.
- Another free method is to take a gnome glider to Lemanto Andra and run east (requires completion of The Grand Tree quest).
- Using the Invitation box or the Skeletal horror teleport transports the player to Silvarea, just north of the Dig Site.
- Using the Archaeology journal Teleport option and running north east.
About[edit | edit source]
The throne room was excavated by Celia Diggory. According to her, it is full of latent divine energies. These energies had formed into crystals that covered the throne room when Celia first uncovered it, but they have been partially cleared away before the player arrives by Dig Site workers and Doric and Son.
The player can assist in several activities around the excavation to train Agility and Divination. The content is designed to bridge the gap between levels 65 and 75 in a style similar to The Nexus. Once 800,000 experience in each skill has been gained, players can no longer interact with the Empty Throne Room. Players can check their current progress with Celia Diggory. The player can also obtain Senntisten scrolls, which can be handed in to Celia in exchange for translated letters.
It is recommended that the player uses these activities until level 75 in each skill, because they offer a significant increase in experience/hour over other available methods at level 65-75.
History[edit | edit source]
The Empty Throne Room was the centre of Zaros' Divine Palace in Senntisten and the room from which the god Zaros issued orders. During the Second Age, he summoned many of his followers and commanders to the Empty Throne Room, where he sought to root out the traitor in his army. He charged the Mahjarrat Azzanadra and Kharshai with uncovering the traitors and dealing with them accordingly, though they failed to identify the ringleader of the traitors: Legatus Maximus Zamorak. Zamorak and his most powerful followers took control of the palace and throne room, where the Mahjarrat general slew the god and took his power.
The throne room was uncovered in the Sixth Age and excavated by the combined efforts of Varrock Museum architects, dwarven miners and adventurers. When the Mahjarrat began rapidly losing energy, the World Guardian was dispatched by Kharshai to collect memories in order to find out what truly happened on the day of the betrayal.
Helping the excavation[edit | edit source]
There are two tasks that the player is able to assist with:
- moving the cart by riding a Manual Auto-cycle
- transmuting the Senntisten crystal into different colours.
Of each of the activities, one of their nodes is empowered at a time. The empowered node will change around every minute (42 seconds for the crystal storage bins), and using an empowered node will grant ten times the experience.
Agility[edit | edit source]
Agility is trained at one of the six Manual Auto-cycles in the centre of the throne room. Cycling on an Auto-cycle will give Agility experience drops every 1.8 seconds (3.8 experience at a time), which are ten times higher (38.2 experience) if using an empowered Auto-cycle. Two of the Auto-cycles are operated by workers, but these can be ridden as well.
As the empowered Auto-cycle changes quite consistently, it is possible to perform this task semi-afk by setting a timer at an interval of ~41.41 seconds to ring, giving enough time to change the cycle and profit off the 900% experience boost. (This is the timer as of May 13th, 2020, updated from the 1:00-1:04 minute timer used previously.)
Divination[edit | edit source]
At the top of the throne room, where one enters, there is a crystal storage bin where players can extract Senntisten crystals. There are four types of coloured crystal which they can be transmuted into - yellow, green, blue, and red. Each of these colours has a corresponding box that they must be deposited into. All colours give 1.9 experience per crystal when transmuting (19.8 experience per crystal if that colour is empowered). Depositing gives the same amount of experience whether empowered or not.
Senntisten scrolls[edit | edit source]
Training at any of the skill nodes has a chance to add a Senntisten scroll to the player's inventory. These scrolls can then be handed to Celia Diggory, at the top of the throne room, who will take and translate them. After this the player can ask for a copy of the translated text from Celia. She will also return destroyed texts to the player. The texts are gained in a specific order:
- Letter signed 'Pontifex Madromurt'
- Letter signed 'Pontifex Nabor'
- Letter signed 'Pontifex Bilrach'
- Damaged letter
Comparison of experience rates[edit | edit source]
The player can generally expect experience rates of 65,000 per hour transmuting crystals and 55,000-60,000 per hour pedalling auto-cycles. In comparison, a player could expect experience rates of 50,000 per hour harvesting and converting lustrous or cursed wisps (without the demonic skull), and 40,000 per hour running the Wilderness Agility Course (without the demonic skull).
Activities[edit | edit source]
Agility[edit | edit source]
Archaeology[edit | edit source]
Divination[edit | edit source]
|Crystal storage bin||Senntisten crystal||
Mining[edit | edit source]
|Empty Throne Room mine||Dark animica rock||Dark animica||
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Sentient Letters ( 10) – Collect all of the letters from the Senntisten dig.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- A couple of rocks within the Empty Throne Room were missing blocking. This has now been added.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Access to the Empty Throne Room' has been added to all relevant skill guides.
- patch 14 November 2016 (Update):
- Players can now check their progress in the Empty Throne Room with Celia Diggory.
- hotfix 8 November 2016 (Update):
- hotfix 7 November 2016 (Update):
- Dwarven miners in the Empty Throne Room now deposit more crystals at a faster rate.
- Bikes in the Senntisten throne room can now be pedalled with no crystals in the Refinatrix.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, players were unable to use the Manual Auto-cycle if the Crystal storage bin was full, and the dwarven miners deposited crystals to refine much slower than they currently do. Both of these changes were made in a hotfix on the day of release, in response to player feedback.
- The Infernal phrase ABSCONDITA EST IN ASTRA can be found above the mural on the easternmost part of the area. This is a Latin phrase that can be translated to she [Jas] was hidden in the stars. The stars in the middle of the mural form into the name of Jas.
- In the south-east corner of the Throne Room there are tools and crates buried by a sandbank, which can be seen only by clipping the camera through the floor.
- Mining the crystal formations used to be one of the tasks to help with the excavation, but the Mining and Smithing rework replaced this with the dark animica rocks on 7 January 2019.
|Part 5 of the Sliske quest series|