He was captured by goblins and sent to Warforge to create a massive forge in which weapons could be created. Although he initially refused to help the goblins, he was eventually broken from prolonged torture. To prevent himself from going insane, he requested writing supplies so he could write letters to Kili, even though he knew they would never be sent.
Thalmund created his own forge, with knowledge passed down by his father. He was able to provide heat with both his flame gloves and several inactive charyou seeds. Once the forge was up and running, the goblins quickly named it Warforge, though he called it Bertha. Upon its completion, Bandos immediately ordered the construction of several weapons. Thalmund complied, knowing that he was less likely to be punished because he was an imcando master smith. He showed some pity for the goblins however, as they were treated miserably, which he assumed was the cause of their aggression on the surface.
As new weapons were being made, Thalmund became irritated with the quality of the metal he was working with. Bandos then ordered him to mass produce bronze weapons for his goblin forces. Thalmund was perplexed, as he knew the other gods were using steel, yet Bandos was sticking to bronze. He knew the god had murderous intentions for the goblin race, since bronze was easy to produce. However, Thalmund took the additional step to make it the "best bronze" that'd ever exist - warforged bronze, which was even better than some steel.
He was able to build a distillery and a makeshift oven. Despite being held against his will, he became fat from the food the goblins gave him, as they believed that they would build favour with Bandos if they pleased him. He admitted that he saw the goblins as his new family, and that he was doing the best he could to get them out alive.
When Bandos was banished from Gielinor by Guthix, he crushed Warforge to prevent others from using his armies. Thalmund was extremely enraged by this act, and the goblins that were still inside resorted to open warfare even though Bandos was no longer around. Due to Thalmund's ability to make weapons, the goblins rarely went to the forge, which he initially mistook as fear of either Bertha or him, but hoped it wasn't the latter. They would only come whenever the goblins requested weapons and information; in return, he requested peat. He had been grinding some of the peat to make an explosive powder in the hopes that he could break out with his new family; it is unknown if he was successful or not.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Eipy Rreb Dere Voli ( 25) – Cook Thalmund's favourite dish within Thalmund's forge.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Farewell to Kili, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "Well, this is a story state I've found myself in. I've been kidnapped by bloomin' goblins, of all things. Smuggled off to some pit in Saradomin-knows-where. They've broken me."
- ^ Farewell to Kili, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "I'm under no allusions that you will ever see this letter, but I must write it to stave off my own despair. It took enough to convince them I need writing materials to do the work here they want of me."
- ^ Bertha, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "Ha! I've only gone and done it. If only you could see me now. Dad never thought I had his teachings down, but I've built it!"
- ^ Bertha, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "Luckily, I still had a handful of inactive charyou seeds and some flame gloves - used 'em to ignite the forges. Those should burn for a good long while now!"
- ^ Bertha, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "The goblins call it Warforge; it's a fine name, but I've got me own - Bertha. She'll do the job nicely."
- ^ Bertha, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "Da Boss Man wants me to start production immediately. He has ideas for all kinds of nasty weapons. I'll get to it, I suppose. He's less likely to punish me than any of the goblins down here - imcando master smiths are harder to replace, I guess."
- ^ Bertha, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "No wonder they are so violent and ruthless - this god here breeds them to be."
- ^ The Bronze Age, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "I got fed up with the garbage metal they had me working with down here ... This Bandos fellow still has these goblins using bronze, of all things! ... So, bronze it is, but by Saradomin's beard it'll be the best damned bronze anyone has ever crafted! It'll be as strong as the earth we're all living inside in this awful place."
- ^ Rockfish Pie, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "I got old. Fat too, but mostly old. You'll wonder how I got fat as a prisoner of war, but, well, I got my distillery going, a little makeshift oven off the forge, and, well...The goblins bring me food all the time - they think it buys them favour in that meat grinder up above..."
- ^ Rockfish Pie, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "I've made friends down here like you wouldn't believe...They're my family now, and I do all I can to help them survive in here, to get out alive."
- ^ For Peat's Sake, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "That cruel bastard! He's only gone and trapped all of us down here."
- ^ For Peat's Sake, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "The poor goblins don't know any better - without their god, but they're still acting in his name, playing his violent games."
- ^ For Peat's Sake, written by Thalmund, RuneScape. "You see, I've been secretly stockpiling [peat] in small quantities over the years, grinding it to a powder. Tricked 'em by getting them to allow me to build the distillery, slowly gather certain components and other materials... I've got enough down here to create some potent explosions, and I need more peat to make enough black powder-like substance to get us out. If this is what it's come to, then this also feels like destiny to me, and if it's the last thing I do, it'll be to blow this place wide open and lead these poor goblins - my surrogate family - back out to the surface. If by some miracle I survive, I'm coming home, Kili."