|Release||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will have to find another through Archaeology.|
|Backpack||Power, Inspect, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept|
|Where does it point to?|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A tetracompass (unpowered) is an artefact that can be restored with level 50 Archaeology. It can be turned into a tetracompass (powered) by powering it near the mysterious monolith at the Archaeology Campus, granting 970 Archaeology experience, up to ten at a time.
Ironmen players cannot restore tetracompasses until level 76 Archaeology (although it can be boosted), as this is the requirement to excavate malachite green and Armadylean yellow, both of which are the highest level materials required for its restoration.
Artefact info[edit | edit source]
|Collections||This artefact is not part of a collection.|
|Description||The origins of this artefact are unclear, but it appears to incorporate elements from the four main factions that fought in the God Wars. There also appears to be trace elements of a fifth faction, which brings into question the 'tetra' naming.|
- ^ This is amount for trading in the artefact at the listed collectors. A part of the collections give an additional amount of chronotes upon completion. The amount in the parentheses is the amount obtained when donating to the museum donation bin, which will give only 40% of the amount one would get from a collector.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|2,065 XP||-||10 (6s) / 8 (4.8s) [r 1]||-|
|Must be performed at an archaeologist's workbench|
|Tetracompass piece (left)||1||N/A||-|
|Tetracompass piece (right)||1||N/A||-|
|Tetracompass piece (dial)||1||N/A||-|
|Tetracompass piece (needle)||1||N/A||-|
Tetracompass value[edit | edit source]
The average loot value of an ancient casket from a tetracompass, only factoring archaeology materials, is 2,024,650 coins. This assumes an average of 5 material rolls (4-6 is the range for each ancient casket), and that each material has the same drop rate. As with all drop rates results may vary.
The cost of a tetracompass (as shown in the table below) can be calculated because pieces are given from certain Archaeology collections. The following formula is used:
- is the cost of acquiring and restoring one tetracompass (shown as Cost of Tetracompass in the table below using a given collection to acquire and restore that tetracompass (a negative value means the value of the chronotes received in the process is greater than the cost of the materials spent to acquire and restore the tetracompass))
- is the material cost of restoring all of the artefacts to complete collection
- is the value of the chronotes given on completion of the collection each time (both for the individual artefacts and the collection as a whole)
- is the number of times the collection needs to be completed to receive the pieces for a full tetracompass
- is the cost of the materials to restore the tetracompass (as shown in the table above)
The higher level for a collection gives more XP sometimes for fewer artefacts.
|Level||Collection||Number of hotspots||Artefacts||XP||Cost/(profit) of tetracompass (T)||Net profit (T+Av casket loot value)||Net profit per collection||Net profit per artefact||Notes|
|67||Urns of the Empire||5||5||15,906.6||−839,782||2,864,432||716,108||143,221.6|
|83||Green Gobbo Goodies I||2||5||34,534||−537,846||2,562,496||640,624||128,124.8|
|94||Red Rum Relics I||2||4||41,444||376,146||1,648,504||412,126||103,031.5|
|97||Green Gobbo Goodies II||3||5||60,667||298,578||1,726,072||431,518||86,303.6|
|110||Red Rum Relics II||3||4||81,333||−325,562||2,350,212||587,553||146,888.25|
|119||Green Gobbo Goodies III||4||6||186,333||186,114||1,838,536||459,634||76,605.67|
|119||Red Rum Relics III||2||4||160,000||−934,030||2,958,680||739,670||184,917.5||Chance to obtain Spear of Annihilation tip at Warforge - Bandos's sanctum excavation site|