Terry Balando is an archaeological expert, whom can be located at the Exam Centre. He plays a minor role in The Dig Site, Desert Treasure and The Temple at Senntisten quests.
He shows interests in the historical value of items that may be found at the Varrock Dig Site, and players can use items on him to learn if there is any archaeological significance to the item. He will also exchange 1 gold ore in return for 3 gold nuggets.
After completion of The Dig Site, if the player has a level of 75 in Attack, Ranged, Magic, or 91 Constitution he will give the player the Codex Ultimatus when spoken to, which unlocks the abilities Blood Tendrils, Smoke Tendrils, Shadow Tendrils, and Ice Asylum.
During the events of Desert Treasure quest, he is given etchings from the stone tablet that his friend and colleague, Asgarnia Smith, excavated. He will then provide a translation primer in order to translate the tablet. If you speak to him after the quest while wielding an Ancient staff, he will inquire for more information and comment on the Zarosian symbol.
During the events of The Temple at Senntisten, the player requires permission from him for Azzanadra to restore the temple beneath the Varrock Dig Site.
- Terry Balando is visible when playing on a free-to-play world but does not have any options to interact with him.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- Patchy skin tones on a couple of NPC's in the newly reworked digsite has been fixed.
- patch 16 November 2015 (Update):
- The archaeological expert in the exam centre near Varrock no longer has patchy skin.
- ^ a b Translation, "Desert Treasure", RuneScape. "Hopefully this translation will help you in your excavations Asgarnia, and as usual I look forward to seeing what relics you bring back to the Museum of Varrock this time! Your friend, as always, Terry Balando."
- ^ Archaeological expert, RuneScape. "That staff is incredible! It's the same symbol that was on that talisman you found here. Does this mean you've found out more about Zaros?"
- ^ Archaeological expert, RuneScape. "So you're the one who found out about that. I've heard the story from my friends in the museum. Well done on being able to wield such an impressive symbol. Anyway.... Hello again. I am now studying this mysterious altar and its inhabitants. The markings are strange... It refers to a god I have never heard of before, named Zaros. It must be some pagan superstition. That was a great find; who knows what other secrets lie buried beneath the surface of our land..."