|Release date||9 August 2004 (Update)|
|Removal||31 January 2012 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Death Plateau|
• Troll Romance
|Sells items||Tenzing's Boots|
|Examine||An experienced sherpa.|
|NPC ID||? (edit)|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Tenzing was a Sherpa who lived in the house just west of Burthorpe, with his pet goat Billy. The player was required to procure Tenzing's help during the Death Plateau quest by giving him ten loaves of bread, ten cooked trout, and spiked boots to help with his climbing. If the player did this, Tenzing would show them to a secret pathway up to Death Plateau on the way to Trollheim, to help the Burthorpe Imperial Guard to dislodge a nest of Mountain Trolls that had taken to living on the plateau. A player needed to go through his house and over a stile to take the secret path to the plateau and troll city.
After the quest, Tenzing sold rock climbing boots for 75,000 coins each through his shop. He also played a small role in the Troll Romance where he tells the player about the location of the Trollweiss mountain and the unique method of reaching it.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 December 2010 (Update):
- Dialog for adding spikes to rock climbing boots has been updated to explain why Tenzig won't spike them.
- patch 3 March 2010 (Update):
- There is now a shop interface for purchasing climbing boots, instead of having to click through chat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character may have been based on Tenzing Norgay, a Sherpa and guide to Sir Edmund Hillary when they both reached the peak of Mount Everest. This would explain why he helps players through the rocky paths by selling climbing boots, and the fact that he knows the different routes through the mountain.