Temple of Ikov (dungeon)
|Temple of Ikov|
|Release date||17 June 2002 (Update)|
|Main music||Chain of Command|
|Strongest monster||Lesarkus the Fire Warrior|
Lesser Demon (after quest)
|Connected quests||Temple of Ikov|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Temple of Ikov is a dungeon in Hemenster. Players do not need to have started the Temple of Ikov quest to enter it, but do need the Pendant of Lucien to gain access to the second part of the dungeon.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The closest Fairy ring location is BLR. The player may teleport to the Ranging Guild using a combat bracelet. Players who have completed the hard or elite Ardougne achievements can use the cloak to teleport to the farming patch south of the main entrance.
This dungeon is the only place in which ice arrows can be obtained.
To pass to the north portion of the dungeon, the player must be wearing the Pendant of Lucien.
Boots of Lightness[edit | edit source]
There is a set of stairs at the west end of the first chamber of the dungeon (the first chamber the player enters when using the ladder from the Temple above; refer to the dungeon map to the right). Players will need a light source to move once they've descended the stairs, though the darkness is not dangerous to the player. If the player descends the stairs without a light source, text will appear warning the player, and movement will be limited to only a few spaces to the east of the stairs.
Near the end of the dungeon, there is a ladder leading up to a small building with a locked door adjacent to McGrubor's Wood. This door can be opened using the shiny key that spawns at the very end of the dungeon. This ladder along with the shiny key allows you easy access to the end of the dungeon. The shiny key can be added to the steel key ring.
This is a great place to fight lesser demons, because there is hardly anyone fighting them here, and it is pretty close to the Seers' Village bank.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Fire Warrior of Lesarkus, level 110
Lesser demons, level 100
Guardians of Armadyl, level 60
Ice spiders, level 60
Giant bats, level 64
Giant spiders, level 4
Skeletons, level 84
Scorpions, level 14
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Originally, when RuneScape 2 was released, the King Black Dragon's lair was mapped by the Temple of Ikov. It was later changed due to safe spotting.
- The Armadyl pendant can be obtained within this dungeon. If you went the Armadyl side, speak to one of the Guardians and they will give you one. However, if you sided with Lucien, you will have to kill them in order to get one.
- There was a glitch on the dungeon while doing the quest in which you can make unlimited Fire warriors who will remain there even if you log out. It has been fixed.
- When examined, the trapdoor near the lever says "Don't you open that trapdoor!". This is a reference to the TV series, The Trap Door, whose theme tune included those exact words.
- If you go to the most southern point of the ice section of the Temple of Ikov, part of the Legends Guild basement can be seen.
- You need a light source to enter the room with the boots of lightness in, however, if you drop/destroy your light source here, you can still move just as freely without one.
- In the north side of the Guardians of Armadyl chamber there is a bug that causes the Guardians and the player to hover as if standing on invisible crates in some areas.
References[edit | edit source]
|Part 1 of the The Rise of Lucien quest series|