Tears of Guthix (quest)
|Tears of Guthix (#79)|
|Release date||4 May 2005 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Tears of Guthix is a quest where you must help Juna, a follower of Guthix, restore the cavern where the walls bleed tears, supposedly from Guthix. The rocks weep still, a memory of the God Wars and Guthix's measures to end them.
Official description[edit | edit source]
|“||Deep beneath the earth, Juna the Serpent has guarded the Tears of Guthix for three thousand years.
If adventurers can relieve her boredom with an entertaining story, she will let them into the cave to collect the tears. But first she has a short task for them to do.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Juna, deep inside the Lumbridge Swamp cave.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Light at the end...[edit | edit source]
To start, enter the Lumbridge Swamp Caves in the western part of the swamp; you may need to attach a rope to climb into the caves, if you haven't done so already.
Wear a spiny helmet for protection against the wall beasts, and a covered light source to prevent gases in the caves from exploding on you, causing heavy and rapid damage. Bringing both of these items significantly reduces the likelihood of death in the dungeon.
If The Lost Tribe has been partially completed, to the part where you get the Brooch, you may open a passage to the Lumbridge Swamp Caves and go directly south from there to get to the stepping stones.
Keep heading south-east from the cave entrance until you find a small stream, where you must use a stepping stone to cross over. If you fail the stepping stone shortcut and have a candle lantern, it will be smashed into a few broken glasses, even if it wasn't lit.
On the other side are non-aggressive giant frogs, alongside another cave entrance. Go through it and you will find yourself in an area with a huge pit in front of you, with countless, shimmering light creatures flying over it. Venture along the east path to find Juna.
Alone[edit | edit source]
When you talk to Juna, she will impart you knowledge about Guthix and His sacred tears, which she now guards from unworthy adventurers to maintain balance. Although, being alone for ages, she yearns for some company every now and then.
She's willing to let you into the cave for a little while to gather some of the tears of Guthix, but first, she would like to hear a story from you. Unequip your weapons and shields, and tell her a story about your adventures around Gielinor and you will obtain access to the cave for a very short time. To collect the tears, you will need a stone bowl which needs to be crafted from a special rock found only across the nearby, giant chasm.
Luminous beings[edit | edit source]
Spread across the chasm are entities called light creatures. These ancient creatures ride alongside the gem casting beams of their own colour, hence you require a lit sapphire lantern in order to attract the creatures.
To make a sapphire lantern, either buy a bullseye lantern with oil from the Grand Exchange and replace the lantern lens with a sapphire, or, alternatively, create a bullseye lantern frame from scratch, fit in a sapphire as the lens, and use some swamp tar on the lamp oil still at the chemist's house in Rimmington to create fuel for the lantern. Use your lamp on the still to fill it with oil.
Light your lantern with the tinderbox and use it on one of the light creatures, which will transport you over to the rocks.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 1,000 experience
- Ability to play Tears of Guthix once a week
- Ability to make an ornate bowl for increased experience with 80 and
- Juna teleport option on the games necklace
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Tears of Guthix ( 0) – Complete this Intermediate quest.
- Ornate Crockery ( 10) – Create the big bowl for Tears of Guthix.
- A Swift Two Fifty ( 40) – Collect 250 or more tears from a single entry in Tears of Guthix.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Tears of Guthix (quest) is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Tears of Guthix (quest)|
|Developer||Mod John A|
|Art & Graphics|
|Quality assurance||Chris E|
|Quest Help||Rob M|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Lores and Histories, it is revealed that Zanik is the first to impress Juna by "flying" over the light creatures with a sapphire lantern. This causes Juna to state that future visitors will need to perform the same act.