Team capes are Wilderness capes that can be purchased for 50 coins from cape merchants. Another player with the same team cape equipped will show up on the minimap as a blue dot rather than white, and the left-click "Attack" option will be moved to a right-click, as if the other player is of higher level than the player. If two players are wearing different team capes, then the "Attack" option for each other will both be left-click, regardless if one player has a higher combat level.
Team capes are popular in Wilderness Warbands to prevent accidentally attacking allied players. Team capes are a popular choice for free players due to its affordability, looks and decent bonuses. Drapes have slightly higher armour, but they only pertain to one combat style and have a style bonus for that style only, while team capes have the same style bonus for all styles. They have the highest Strength bonus of any free-to-play cape not locked behind limited-time events or account age requirements.
Team cape colours and patterns[edit | edit source]
There are currently 50 cape designs. Team capes vary in colour:
- Pink (1-10)
- Yellow (11-20)
- Blue (21-30)
- Green (31-40)
- Red (41-50)
Team capes vary in pattern:
|Team number||Cape pattern||Seller||Seller location in Wilderness area||Patterns available|
|1, 11, 21, 31, and 41||Box||William||Level 35 ~ 48 around Red Dragon Isle or by the Demonic Ruins , sometimes seen near the perimeter of a spider invaded hill|
|2, 12, 22, 32, and 42||X||Ian||Level 31 Forgotten Cemetery|
|3, 13, 23, 33, and 43||Cross||Larry||Clan Wars arena, in the Gamers' Grotto|
|4, 14, 24, 34, and 44||Dashed lines||Darren||West of Lava Maze|
|5, 15, 25, 35, and 45||Horizontal stripes||Edward||Level 45 far east of Demonic Ruins, in the "New Castle"|
|6, 16, 26, 36, and 46||Box at top||Richard||In Edgeville, by the Wilderness Wall.|
|7, 17, 27, 37, and 47||Scarab||Neil||Level 32 Bandit Camp|
|8, 18, 28, 38, and 48||Circle||Edmond||East of the hobgoblin mine. Sometimes inside the Wilderness Volcano.|
|9, 19, 29, 39, and 49||Outline||Simon||Level 13 Chaos Temple|
|10, 20, 30, 40, and 50||Claw||Sam||Level 19 east of Dark Warriors' Fortress|
Current GE prices of individual team capes[edit | edit source]
|Pattern >||Box||X||Cross||Dashed lines||Horizontal stripes||Box at top||Scarab||Circle||Outline||Claw|
|Team-10 cape |
|Team-20 cape |
|Team-30 cape |
|Team-40 cape |
|Team-50 cape |
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 August 2008 (Update):
- Trimmed chaps and Wilderness capes now render correctly on female characters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you take all the first letters from the wilderness cape merchants' names it will spell the word "WILDERNESS".
- Cape number 22 used to resemble the Saltire (St. Andrew's Cross), which made it popular among Scottish players. The worn model was changed to one which looked less like it, but the inventory image still matches the original worn model, and more closely matches the Saltire.
- Initially, grey team capes also existed, but were removed due to their likeness to the Cape of legends. They were later replaced by pink.
- Team capes were previously members only, but later became available to free players.
- Some team cape merchants were moved to make them accessible on F2P worlds when the capes became available to free players.
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|
Team cape sellers