|Build name||Teak altar|
|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||A teak altar with a symbol of Saradomin/Guthix/Zamorak.|
|Object ID||13182, 13183, 13184|
|doc • Talk page|
A teak altar is a piece of furniture that can be built in the chapel of a player-owned house with the Construction skill. It gives 110% Prayer experience when bones or demonic ashes are offered at it. With one incense burner lit, it gives 160% Prayer experience, while two lit incense burners will give 210% experience. Lit torches or candlesticks give no experience boost. Since the lowest incense burner (oak) requires a construction level of 61, and since a cloth covered mahogany altar can be built at level 60, the experience boost from a teak altar will seldom be more than the extra 10% obtained from the altar itself.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Players can now right-click 'Offer' their bones at a player-owned altar.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Bonus XP from costumes now stacks with other bonus XP when training prayer on a player-owned house altar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When offering demonic ashes at an altar, the altar's offering animation shows bones instead of ashes.