- 1 Hood = fastest way to Lunar isle (without cost)
- 2 Hood on Entrana?
- 3 Omni-tiari
- 4 Untitled
- 5 How do you unlock the Astral part?
- 6 Omni?
- 7 Soul rune dilemma
- 8 ZMI Bonus?
- 9 Elemental Talisman
- 10 incorrect manual info?
- 11 Astral talisman
- 12 Chaos Altar
- 13 Experience?
- 14 Still possible to get?
- 15 Wicked Hood matching gear
- 16 Wicked hood stopped giving me runes
- 17 Why does the article exclude Master runecrafter hat from the calculation?
- 18 Every day I come here trying to figure out which altar is best to teleport to. Requesting calculator. Or a table. Or something.
- 19 Destroying the wicked cape, legs and/or top will have no negative effect. They will continue providing their bonuses for the hood. Therefore we can save 3 bank space. Fact or myth?
- 20 Teleporting to Chaos Altar
- 21 Abyssal titan
- 22 Daily routine
- 23 33 Teleports?
Hood = fastest way to Lunar isle (without cost)[edit source]
The hood is now the fastest way to switch to lunar spells! And it also generates 100 pure essence a day, which would make for one sweet runecrafting run! Me likey this update! 188.8.131.52 15:56, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- You could also use Astral tablets, but this is cheap/free. Too bad I just bough a bunch of them. ;-P 17:46, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
Hood on Entrana?[edit source]
When I saw the hood come out it said that it could be used to teleport to any RC altar. Now I saw that it had stats in magic attack and defence so I thought the Law Altar would be excluded, however I tried it and sure enough I could freely teleport to Entrana with the hood! Oversight Jagex? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Red Scout25 (talk) on 17:40, 17 October 2011 (UTC).
- Well, you might want to actually ask them, and not just tell us about it. =p --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 17:42, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- You can wear wizard robes and hats to Entrana. Why shouldn't the hood be allowed too? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 18:11, 17 October 2011 (UTC).
I've tested, the hood is permitted on Entrana, but will not allow you to take weaponry/armour (as is per usual). Falcos 00:22, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
The hood is 1 of the few combat items allowed on Entrana, the others are the copleted holy, unholy, balanced prayer book, ancient book, book of law and the book of war, and the penance gloves. Penance gloves even give +4 strength bonus http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7412/runefest.png Lodan3 05:49, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
Omni staffs and master RC robes cannot be taken to Entrana. Because of this people though Jagex would mess up on this hood too and not allow it either. pyrolord 18:00, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Do you need to add the other talismans (tiaras) if you add the omni-talisman? 220.127.116.11 18:14, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- You still need to add the elemental talisman. Other than that, all of them are unlocked. AnJMer 18:18, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
can this be used to make armadyl runes?18.104.22.168 22:56, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- No, it cannot. Well, you can teleport to the air altar, but you cannot retrieve armadyl runes from the hood. Rider Anton 21:33, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
How do you unlock the Astral part?[edit source]
Do you need the Omni-talisman/tiara? Rider Anton 00:54, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
An omni talisman unlocks everything except soul and elemental. Even though there is no astral talisman it is still unlocked through the omni talisman. pyrolord 02:12, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Alright, thanks. Rider Anton 00:57, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
The circle for omni is blue in game, but not on the interface shown here. FrostedFreeze 05:44, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Soul rune dilemma[edit source]
I have been stupid and added the normal talismans first before the omni talisman since I got confused. When I was done, I didn't have the option to use the Soul button or is this generic since one doesn’t know where the runecrafing altar is, nor are there any soul talismans or tiaras in the current game existence. If not, this is a bug in the matter. Cyrus1 12:15, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, this is supposed to be the case. Since there is no soul altar dicouvered yet, it is not possible to teleport there, or to extract runes from there. Only the Ourania altar can profide soul runes, and since this is an oddity, and the hood can only take runes from the current altars, that's what is supposed to happen ;) 11:43, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
ZMI Bonus?[edit source]
Can anyone confirm the claim that the hood gives double xp for Great Orb and ZMI? Dyetpeppre 14:35, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- The ZMI and GOP already give 200% exp. ... so if the hood would give double exp too you could get 600%+ exp on gop when u craft with FOG-elemental (air, water, earth) gloves and master runecrafter robes; or 400%+ at Ourania altar with master runecrafter robes... i think u just saw the normal/regular 200% exp. ;) 16:49, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
Elemental Talisman[edit source]
It should be noted that the elemental talisman only seems to double the free 5 runes, not the 100 rune essence. (Unless of course the hood is bugged and the essence doesn't double until the next day, while the free runes did double the same day. Had already used up both this day and only got another 5 free runes when adding the elemental talisman.) Not worth the 200k price tag it cost right now, will take over 200 days to earn it back with blood runes. Heads up if you plan to buy one. Perhaps a notice should be added to the page warning that it's not very economical to add one. Dirnaith 23:09, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- I made a calculator for rune withdrawal profits and it shows that withdrawing 100 earth runes gives more profit (currently 1300 gp vs only 875 for 5 bloods). It would only take 154 days to earn it back with earths. I believe it would be most economical to wait until the elemental talisman's price drop per day is less than the value of the extra runes withdrawn, but some people like to pay extra to get things immediately. Anyway, I agree that a warning would be appropriate. MarkGyver (talk) 03:27, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
incorrect manual info?[edit source]
I saw this in the manual: "Members only talismans cannot be consumed until an omni-talisman has been consumed." But the omni talisman counts for all altars so once it has been consumed you can't add the member ones. can you add member talismans before using omni? (waste of money, but can you?) or is omni only way to unlock any member rune/altars for the wicked hood? 22.214.171.124 20:28, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- The manual is indeed wrong. I (wastefully) added a lot of other member talismans before adding my omnitalisman. MarkGyver (talk) 00:22, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
- So did I, it was really wasteful :S It it's not already, I shall change it. 08:16, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
Astral talisman[edit source]
- You don't, as it does not exist to start with. However, you can unlock the Astral options on the hood by adding an omni-talisman or omni-tiara to it. (Btw, pls sign.) 08:16, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
Chaos Altar[edit source]
When I try to access the Chaos Altar from the Tunnel of Chaos, the portal doesn't recognize the chaos talisman in the wicked hood. UltimateIRS 19:32, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm if you're sure you've fed your hood a chaos talisman/tiara or omni talisman/tiara, then it might be a glitch :\ 08:07, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
Does feeding the hood give runecrafting experience? I was feeding it tiaras and noticed I had gained a runecrafting level. I don't know what else could have done it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 21:51, 18 November 2011 (UTC).
22:24, November 18, 2011 (UTC)
- I know you get extra XP by feeding the hood the omni talisman since it unlocks more than one talisman, but would you get extra XP if you added every talisman and then the omni-talisman? Or do they give you enough XP when you add the omni-talisman to make up for this? Does the omni-talisman itself give you XP if you have every other talisman unlocked (if so, might just be from astral?) 188.8.131.52 08:12, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
Still possible to get?[edit source]
Is this item still possible to get for new players or was it only released on said day
- You can get it anytime, including now, or tomorrow.
05:43, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
- And also the days after that, just try ;) You only need to be a member. I read somewhere that they want to make a new RC-minigame (in a factory) and there you will be able to do something with combining pouches and also the wicked hood will get a new function... something like that... Anyway. Yes you can, and you can for a while, but only if you're a member. 11:33, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
Wicked Hood matching gear[edit source]
Does the set shown in the advertisement of a person wearing a wicked hood and matching robes actually exist? If so, what's the name of it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 18:21, 31 December 2011 (UTC).
Does anyone know whether it resets its charges at midnight whatever-time-zone-Jagex-uses, or 24 hours after a charge is used? If someone does, I think it should be edited in there somewhere... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 02:38, 29 February 2012 (UTC).
- The robes might be the Wicked Robes which are coming this month. The timer restarts at 0:00 GMT. 22:12, April 2, 2012 (UTC)
Wicked hood stopped giving me runes[edit source]
After Runespan update my wicked hood has stopped giving me free runes daily. The teleports and essence still works, but I cant get any free runes from it. Any idea why it is so? And how to fix it? Eakhor 21:27, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
- It still works for me, and after buying the cape it gives me 3 batches of runes (even while the cape is banked btw). 20:08, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Since today it magically works again. Dunno what had happened. But I know I missed like 3 daily loads of free runes... Eakhor 19:39, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
- The same thing happened to me too, fixed now... it must have been some sort of bug. 02:40, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
Why does the article exclude Master runecrafter hat from the calculation?[edit source]
Quote: "The hood can allow you to get 2331 Runecrafting experience a day (roughly 2368 with Master runecrafter robes minus the hat) if you teleport to the Blood altar twice [...]". I always take my hat with me and keep the hood in my inventory. Don't other people do the same? Or is it worse xp? I already used my charges today so can't test. Thanks in advance, 3ICE (talk) 21:00, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Every day I come here trying to figure out which altar is best to teleport to. Requesting calculator. Or a table. Or something.[edit source]
Keep in mind that:
- Some altars have quest requirements, users should be able to remove those altars from the calculation. (For example, I don't have access to Blood yet.)
- Some users prefer xp, others prefer money.
- Double and triple runes per essence requires the calculator to know the user's runecrafting level.
- Explorer's ring bonus only works on some altars.
I have been teleporting to the Fire altar for cash and the Nature altar for xp. But now that I've written this guide: Wicked hood#Daily routine, I use the Astral altar a great deal more. 3ICE (talk) 14:12, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I made a profit table for the hood, not sure how to do an exp table. 14:41, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Why fire for cash and not law? 18.104.22.168 21:39, October 26, 2014 (UTC)
Destroying the wicked cape, legs and/or top will have no negative effect. They will continue providing their bonuses for the hood. Therefore we can save 3 bank space. Fact or myth?[edit source]
this edit raises a question: Can we really destroy our wicked set to free up bank space and keep the bonuses they unlock? I suspect the answer is yes. But who is willing to confirm it? I definitely don't want to risk destroying my robe set. Even though I have better weight reducing clothes available, I can't risk losing that many runespan points in case it turns out to be a myth. (I'd have to re-buy everything.) Thanks, 3ICE (talk) 14:24, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
Having lost my wicked robes (stupid crocodiles), I can confirm that the extra teleport and other abilities are retained, even if the wicked robes are lost. Zeta12ti (talk) 20:56, January 17, 2014 (UTC)
Teleporting to Chaos Altar[edit source]
Out of my grave dislike for Wilderness, I haven't tried, and thus my question: if you teleport to the chaos altar with the wicked hood, where do you end up? Outside the altar/ruins in wilderness? Inside the altar area? And do you still have to navigate the maze to get to the altar itself? 22.214.171.124 06:05, March 17, 2013 (UTC)
Abyssal titan[edit source]
The titan allows you to carry an extra 60 pure essence. Assuming double runes the extra profit from astral is 45123, for nature 26643: and for blood 28089 (1.1 runes per pure with Mory legs). Rich Farmbrough, 21:04 14 December 2014 (UTC).
Daily routine[edit source]
I'm protecting / restoring this section on the talk page because it was deleted from the article even though I've been using it daily. Now no one can touch it because it is technically my comment (but please feel free to improve the steps):
The following sequence can be done daily for maximum free experience:
- Empty your inventory, withdraw runecrafting pouches, 1 law and 6 earth runes from your bank.
- Equip your best pickaxe, wear the Wicked hood, Ardougne cloak 2 (or higher), Master runecrafter robes, and good defensive armour in the other slots. (Or weight reducing armour if you plan on taking the long, but safe route in the Ourania Cave.)
- Operate the hood to teleport you to the Wizards' Tower.
- Ask Sedridor to teleport you to the Essence mine, and gather pure essence.
- Activate the hood to teleport you to the Astral altar.
- Craft astral runes and switch to the lunar spellbook at the altar.
- Return to the essence mine via the Wizards' Tower teleport, and gather pure essence.
- Cast Ourania Teleport from your lunar spellbook and run the gauntlet to the Ourania Runecrafting Altar. (Or take the safe route.)
- Withdraw all 175 essence from the hood and craft them into runes. (Takes 13 hood activations at 14 pure essence per withdraw.)
- Return to the Wizards' Tower via the hood's teleport option, and deposit all runes in the deposit box.
- Gather pure essence in the essence mine.
- Use the hood's second daily teleport charge to return to the Astral altar and switch back to the normal spellbook. Craft astral runes.
- Teleport back to the Wizards' tower, deposit runes, gather essence again.
- Use the third teleport charge on the best altar you have access to. Craft runes.
I hate it when people flat out delete useful content without giving a reason. I've been coming to the wiki every day to this very page, so I can make sure I don't make a mistake with my wicked hood daily routine. Only to one day find it completely gone. Blanking is vandalism. Move stuff instead if the article is too big. This section was very useful! 3ICE (talk) 12:02, June 10, 2017 (UTC)
33 Teleports?[edit source]
On the image of the wicked hood interface, you can see that there are 33 teleports available. Is this accurate? If so, how is this achieved? I don't see any information about it on this article. Dalyup! (talk) 16:01, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Additional teleport charges can be added by using Wicked hood teleport tokens. Looks like this page doesn't mention the maximum cap, though. 126.96.36.199 16:21, 15 August 2019 (UTC)