- 1 Corpses per log?
- 2 Types of logs
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Crystal keys
- 5 Logs
- 6 Rewards
- 7 Salve (e)
- 8 After Update
- 9 Vyre corpse graphical update
- 10 Ring of wealth
- 11 New Corpses
- 12 Actual charm log.
- 13 New Drop from Vyre Corpse
- 14 More new adds to rewards.
- 15 How many did I burn?
- 16 Why so many different kinds??
- 17 New charm submission and log
- 18 Updated with new information
- 19 Untitled
- 20 Upgraded weapons question
- 21 Updated rewards as of 20/07/15
- 22 Updated loot table
- 23 Inconsistent droptables & droprates
Corpses per log?[edit source]
I've got a simple question before I can start cremating them, out of curiosity: does each corpse require one pyre log or can multiple corpses be burned on one log? Limoncello 14:41, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, 1 corpse requires 1 set of pyre logs (Teak or higher) 22.214.171.124 03:01, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
Types of logs[edit source]
What 'types' of Pyre Logs are required to cremate the Vyre corpse? Does it take the same olive oil converted into sacred oil to make them? Is the firemaking and prayer XP for burning them the same? Steelhorse66 18:18, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
- You can burn Vyre corpses with teak+ logs, yes, and I don't quite understand your third question. Miles15 10:16, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- You get more Firemaking exp for burning higher-level pyre logs than lower-level ones, according to the manual (see [http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1712 Firemaking - Pyre Logs]). I assume that by Prayer experience you mean the boost that you get from burning pyre ships after completing the relevant Barbarian Training. Again, you get a bigger boost from higher-level logs (see [http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1710 Prayer - Extra Features]). I hope this answers your questions. :-) Leevclarke 17:21, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
Torn pages are rewards from burning corpses? Really?Planeshifted 00:29, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, I've gotten a couple Saradomin pages and a Zamorak page in about 2000 cremations. They seem to occur as often as other Treasure Trails items do.
I just did an experiment with all the types of 3-dose logs(teak, arctic pine, maple and mahogany). The wiki was correct, you get 79 prayer experience per corpse, and Gloves of Flame and Ring of Fire don't help, but the firemaking experience was in-line with "normal" shades. Changing the wiki to reflect this.
I've undone a change here that sought to move some information to a Trivia section. I don't think this wiki specifically has a policy against Trivia sections, but Wikipedia does and it is a good policy. This is because it puts interesting information into pertinent places throughout the article and brings "surprise and delight" to the reader. Is there a consensus for this wiki concerning Trivia sections? Leevclarke 17:15, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
I seem to recall the vyre corpsee being "harder than iron but lighter than wood". Is this correct? Bob the destroyer 01:59, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
Crystal keys[edit source]
I got 3 full crystal keys and another tooth half.
I burned only 56 vyrewatches =D,
Got more ofcourse, like rune platelegs and stuff
Does the types of logs used determine the rewards you get, like in the shades? Or is it just totally random?08:19, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
- Nah, it makes no difference. It doesn't make a difference for shades either, as a matter of fact...you'll get the same rewards from Loar shades whether you use magic logs or willow logs. troacctid 08:59, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
- hmm i may need to test this, i completed the quest but the flail hits to wildly for me to kill them efficiently being only lv 85 combat
09:09, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
In my experience, I get the best rewards from burning lvl 140 on magic pyre logs. Also, for magic pyre the prayer and firemaking xp is the highest. For instance: a key from a lvl 110 on a magic pyre might get me 2 harralander, whereas a lvl 140 will get me a torstol.
I am not 100% sure though, more testing needs to be done.
--Iavirissa 15:43, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
- That can't be right because the game doesn't distinguish between the corpses of vyrewatch of different levels--if it did, it wouldn't be possible for them to stack in your bank. --troacctid 19:56, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
Good point. as I said, Im still not sure. Recently I did a batch of mainly lvl 110's, and got relatively low rewards. I plan on getting some of only 140's, and see how that turns out. Ill keep you posted.
--Iavirissa 21:37, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
I burned a few batches using magic pyre logs and lvl 140 Vyre corpses. The rewards do not seem significantly greater than with lvl 110's.
--Iavirissa 18:34, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
Are those listed rewards from cremating them or from using the Columbarium keys?-- 22:18, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Same thing. The reward from cremating them is always a key, but you can just walk over and use the key right afterwards. --troacctid 22:30, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
Salve (e)[edit source]
Need help figuring out if salve (e) works on vyrewatch or not. Wiki says it doesn't but I got hit harder when I was wearing fury.
you got hit harder wearing fury? that doesn't make sense as the Salve Amulet does not increase Defense near as much as a fury does. I think your just imagining things. As to your question, No it does not work. They are classified as sub-human not undead. God vivec1 07:17, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
After Update[edit source]
The vyre corpses do not stack in the bank as of the temple trekking update. I have 8 different kinds in my bank right now, so the mechanics might have changed. They sem to be dropping from different level vyrewatch, so I would guess that the drops are separate now, but i dont have any proof for either. 126.96.36.199 20:33, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
Vyre corpse graphical update[edit source]
The image of the corpse needs to be updated now that Morytania has been updated on 17th August 2011.
188.8.131.52 09:22, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
Ring of wealth[edit source]
Does wearing the ring of wealth affect the "drops" from opening the drawers? Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wear it anyway..16:32, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
New Corpses[edit source]
With the recent update every different leveled vyrewatch now drops a different corpse. Any ideas as to whether or not the level of the corpse makes a difference from the chance of getting a good reward?
As far as I know there are 8 different piles that can be collected and I have killed many and after asking other players etc I am 99.9% confident that type of corpse has absolutely nothing to do with the level or type, gender of the Vyrewatch and that includes the corpses from the minigame. As to the rewards I'm not sure yet, but I may look into this. I also had someone tell me that a mod confirmed somewhere on forums that it was not a glitch to have multiple corpses and that it was intentional - this led to popular belief that it is related to the new upcoming Myreque 5 quest. I created here to report this, can someone please update this to match the information since I don't have the time nor idea how to do so :D Thanks, Neli.
My finding seem to have bused your 0.1% that levels have nothing to do with the corpse.
There are indeed 8 diffrent corpses, however I have only been able to obtain surtain corpse types from surtain level Vyrewatches. The corpse that does not look like any other the others for example can only be obtained from Level 140 Vyrewatches so level has soomething to do with it. Clothes also seem to play a small factor. As there are only four diffrent levels and 8 corpses. I will add my finding to the page at a later time.Branmans 16:24, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
Actual charm log.[edit source]
Why doesn't this have a [[:Category:Charm log submissions|charm log submissions page]] and a [[:Category:Charm logs|charm log]]?20:03, August 29, 2011 (UTC)
I agree it should have one. I'll take a stab at adding one, since it seems no one else is or has an opinion on (I can't screw up too badly, can i? :D) 184.108.40.206 12:40, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
New Drop from Vyre Corpse[edit source]
Hello, I would like to add that I just recieved a Rune Kiteshield (t) from a Columbarium Key. This was after The Branches of Darkmeyer came out so it may have been a key from a Vyrelord corpse or Vyrelady Corpse. It would appear that they might have their own additional drops in addition to the normal drops from regular Vyrewatch. Lord Drakan 16:13, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
got a Adamant full helm (g), per 75 burned
More new adds to rewards.[edit source]
Following of case above this, i got rune platelegs (t), BEFORE BoD. Surely some time ago added they're, or quite rarelý gotten - or even mentioned - or even cared of.. Heeh.
I've also had a rune full helm (t) and a black full helm (t), both from regular vyrewatch corpses (not vyrelord/lady). Two101 23:35, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
I just got a rune plateskirt (g), can someone please add it?
How many did I burn?[edit source]
I don't know how many of the 500 (that I want to burn) I already did. I thought you could get to know that number ingame somehow, does any one know?12:21, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
Go south in the funeral pyre room, there is a Lectern. read it, it will tell you.
Why so many different kinds??[edit source]
The title is my question, basically... I have no idea, anyone knows??19:16, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
New charm submission and log[edit source]
I am creating a charm log for this article. Someone with the appropriate permission will need to create the page "Charm:Vyre corpse" and include the appropriate code. Note that I will be including a 100 burn sample in the submission page in the hope that a bot will do this for us. Joel321 15:50, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
The new charm log is up and running (kudos to Blaze Fire12 for setting up the charm page and fixing my formatting). Should the drop chart listing all the charm drops as 'common' be removed, or should that be left until more logs are added such that the error margins are not so large? [[Special:Contributions/220.127.116.11|Joel321 22:57, June 9, 2012 (UTC)]]
I'll remove it as there is now a decent sample size 18.104.22.168 02:26, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
Updated with new information[edit source]
The value of some drops are set onto rare or uncommon, but my question is now: when is something uncommon or rare? I have around 1k vyrecorpses burnt and the keys turned in for rewards and the big difference from the past is that I only got 1 god book page and 1 special equipment item (trimmed platebody) the other rewards were just the common junk like herbs and gems. As I do more often of these burn sessions I would like to ask wether the reward values of god book pages should be rare or very rare?
how aobut saying where the columbarium is and how to get there, ive spent about 20 minutes now in gmae looking. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 19:02, August 7, 2014 (UTC).
- It is stated on the relevant page, and even includes a map: Paterdomus#Mausoleum. IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:07, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
Upgraded weapons question[edit source]
So I know that burning every 50 corpses is supposed to increase proficiency with Ivandis and Blisterwood weapons. When I hit number 50, I was wielding the flail and got a chat message saying I was more experienced with the flail. There was no mention of the Blisterwood weapons. Do I still get the increases with my Blisterwood weapon? Thanks!
188.8.131.52 03:06, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
Updated rewards as of 20/07/15[edit source]
According to the patch notes for today, rewards for cremating vyre corpses at the Columbarium have been improved. So far I've noticed a few that aren't listed or are different to the ones on the drop table here. All were done with maple pyre logs.
- All coin drops seem to be 5000 now
- 8 adamantite ore, noted
- 20 noted silver/gold bars
- 8 watermelon seeds
- 8 snape grass seeds
- 4 noted uncut gems (emerald, ruby)
- 8 red spider's eggs
- 8 limpwurt roots
- 2 grimy herbs (irit, ranarr, cad, lant)
Updated loot table[edit source]
Unique drops I have received from 250 keys(excluding Treasure Trail items):
- 20x noted gold & silver bars
- 1x noted rune bar
- 4x (all noted uncut) diamonds, rubies, emeralds & sapphires
- 1x Fire talisman
- 8x snape grass seed, limpwurt root seed, watermelon seed
- 1x dwarf weed seed, torstol seed, lantadyme seed
- 2x (all noted grimy) toadflax, dwarf weed, irit, torstol, cadantine, snapdragon, avantoe, lantadyme, kwuarm, ranarr
- 50x rune arrow
- 1x noted rune dagger, noted rune spear, noted rune platelegs, dragon spear, noted rune pickaxe, noted rune helm
- 8x noted limpwurt roots, noted red spider's eggs
- 1x noted loop half of a key, noted tooth half of a key
- 4932x, 5107x, 5014x gold coins
- 20x blood runes
- 8x noted adamantite ore
Does anyone have the ability to add all this? :)