Vampyres and Vampires[edit source]
Hey, could someone tell the differences between Vampyres and Vampires? --126.96.36.199 10:17, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
- 'Vampyre' is the name of the race of creatures as a whole, while a Vampire is a specific monster and member of that race. Sol Levante 14:54, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I saw postbag #19 which told about differences between them more accurately. --Flajuram 16:34, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
Vampiric abilities[edit source]
do people notice how the "turning darkness to solid" and "draining blood without contact" are similar to the ancient blood and shadow spells?
Vampyre drinking human blood?[edit source]
well according to the werewolves they also drink werewolves' blood if they can't find humans to pay for the tithes.
Vyrewatch are adult vampyres?[edit source]
Where does this come from? I've played all the Myrque quests and don't remember this ever being said. Jagex's Knowledge Base doesn't have anything about this. It says 'There is little that can be said about vampyres that is not either pure myth or proven terror. It is a dubious assumption that these dark rulers of the lands of Morytania were once human, as they are so filled with hate and malice that they are essentially no more similar to humans than they are to unicorns.' http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/the_races_of_runescape#Vampyres
Vanescula Drakan's vampyre form does look like vyrewatch, but is she actually vyrewatch or something else. I don't think anything in game says so one way or another.
Unless there's a source for vyrewatch = vampyre, it sounds like speculation and should not be present as fact. Inelcirc 23:02, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure it's BS, so I just deleted it. I'd normally use ɳex undique 23:06, May 1, 2011 (UTC) , but it's just not true. Thanks for spotting it.
Thanks!!! Inelcirc 00:20, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
1. Vanstrom Clause postbag from the hedge: Worship Zamorak? We vampyres have no need of your gods; our home is godless and bloody, its inhabitants are mere cattle for our pleasure, and ours alone. The closest thing to a god that the vampyres know is Lord Drakan, Prince of the Blood and Regent of the Sanguine Fields. You would do well to know that Zamorak was an ally at best, and that the bargains we made with that upstart were to our benefit - without our support, he could never have achieved his great deeds. 2.There is no chaos altar in Moritaniya.3.There is no vampyre that says vampyre is zamorakian.4. It is possible that saradominists thinks that all zamorakians evil. So maybe they thinks that everything is evil is accociased with Zamorak?
God letters may indeed hit the spot for actual lore, but since recent updates, it is revealed all the letters are made for fun and aren't really linked to actual lore what so ever... so sad per peach, yesh? Hsey! But i myself am to claim these bloodsuckers indeed were on Zamorak's side--but only for their advantages it seems. and whatever of their lust for blood anyways? I think the puppet master is behind this, just like behind so many other lures... Wild statement? Deed of in indeed!! What if Empty Lord was behind vampire's mixed nourishment? Like, wenting to their original realm, hideously infecting them by way or another, then offering relief for their continuous blood hunger and so leading to Gielinor and so on, so on-
So know weaknesses ...
- Feral vampires can be easily killed by anything, though apparently affected by Holy Symbols
- Vampires west of the Salve (over time perhaps) have a weakness to garlic and must be staked, but beyond that, no major issues to kill
- All are weak to Blisterwood
- All can be affected by a Silver or Silverthril alloy that has been blessed by Saradomin and/or Guthix
- Vyrewatch and Vyrelord further, you must use that blessed silverthril weapon that no one can predict how it will be used (hence the flail)
- holy water, though apparently only in vapor form
- Agreed. I am not sure how far their weakness to blisterwood goes. It's certain that you can use it to harm them because they can't predict how exactly it will strike; whether the actual wood is harmful to them like silver, silvthril and garlic I dunno. 17:09, January 8, 2015 (UTC)