I basically rewrote the whole page, since it was written from the POV of one person. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 16:49, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
Uhm guys, when I went to the Display Names wiki page, it said the update was released October 1, 20008. This one says October 1, 2009 in the begginning paragraph. I would change it but i'm not sure which one is right. Graahk 20:11, December 17, 2011 (UTC)
NAME CHANGING IS OUT!!!![edit source]
You have to go in to account management to change your username. It also makes this weird icon appear next to the people that have had their names changed.
Yea it is true i saw it too its great!
- Unfortunately, the system is down, and the dormant names have yet to be altered/removed. So it doesn't really work right now. WWTDD? 14:21, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
Edit to name changing[edit source]
A friend of mine changed his name and now he can't change it for another 28 days, name changing is cap sensetive aswell. IF YOU'RE GOING TO CHANGE THINK WISELY CUZ YOU CAN'T CHANGE BACK FOR A WHILE!!!!
Edit to name changing 2[edit source]
It is currently impossible to add yourself to your friends/ignore list using your old name. This bug has been fixed
Lpfreaky90 2 07:53, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Remove it then. --Nup(T) 08:01, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
- I've fixed it. Theboy1001 13:13, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
Banned users[edit source]
I have an old friend on my friendlist whose username changed to "[#01234567]" two parenthesis a number sign followed by some random numbers, they don't have the little display name change icon (blue grey chess pawns with green arrow) next to it. I'm guessing this is a banned user or something? Can anyone clarify 184.108.40.206 10:46, February 6, 2011 (UTC)?
- It means they had an inappropriate username and jagex reset it and they will have to change there name before they can play again. 10:47, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
- It can also be that the account display name met the requirements to be deleted (no skills above 30 + not logged in for a year + not bought membership). I just saw a name that is not innappropriate turn to those random numbers. Graahk 20:56, December 17, 2011 (UTC)
- I take that back. I made an account on December 2, 2010, i didnt get any skills to 30, haven't logged in since then, and never bought membership on it, and it still hasn't been deleted. Not sure why. Graahk 19:24, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
Why do they have a limit on the number of charecters possible? a bot killer who tries different things. is mad at <green dragon> ( has 12 letters >=( )