- 1 World
- 2 Attendance
- 3 More Active
- 4 Random stuff
- 5 New Pages
- 6 Pirate Implings
- 7 Veteran TB players appalled at recent reward changes
- 8 You know what scares me
- 9 What the heck is happening my image?
- 10 pieces of eight.
- 11 Rewards
- 12 The Stuff
- 13 Revival of Trouble Brewing
- 14 Dead?
- 15 Filling buckets with humidify trick
- First of all, who are you, and second, are naval Slacks tradable?--→ Spιεmαn←Talk 05:50, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- Frankly it doesn't look very interesting to me... the only reason I'd want to try it would be to get "the stuff", but considering it only raises the odd of getting mature ale by an unknow probability, it may be a while before I actually try...Patheticcockroach(Talk) 14:35, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
-So far, I've put in 4 batches with "The Stuff", 2 have fully brewed (2 are still going), but both so far have matured. Considering I haven't ever gotten a mature batch before that, and I've gotten some bad batches, that's pretty good, I'd say. Though after I'm done with all 100 batches, that will tell more reliably... --126.96.36.199 19:38, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
ah jagex really need to do something about attendance levels and rewards. not enough people want pieces of eight to look a pirate, (personally i think i would look quite fetching but thats another matter :p) Arrrrrrrrrrrr! mateys! avast ye non fashionable swabs! they should increase the skill rewards after each game, 2.5k ish in a few skills isn't enough to go and do the game for frankly. Bob2006ty(RUNESTORM333) talk 14:01, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
More Active[edit source]
Of course, I might give it another try, klast time only 14 aussys did it at night time for me, staying up till 10pm doesn't suit me runescape wise. Bob2006ty(RUNESTORM333) talk 11:43, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
Random stuff[edit source]
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd that there's no "rum" in the picture of Honest Jimmy's store? --188.8.131.52 19:38, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
New Pages[edit source]
I think there should be pages for each of the items in this game, such as sweetgrubs and bitternuts. Mjs961 19:07, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Pirate Implings[edit source]
These are part of the mini game, they spawn every minute or so... they give item needed during the game, here is the list of what i got so far: coloured water( your team color), bitternut, bucket, steel axe, bowl, flower (your team color again), bucket of water, sweetgrub, scarp bark, ... I really think it should be added.
Veteran TB players appalled at recent reward changes[edit source]
These new prices for Navy clothes and flags are absolutely ridiculous and a huge slap in the face to all the players (including myself) who have spent countless hours playing this wonderful mini-game, only to have all that hard work belittled by this recent update. Now, anyone with access to the island can obtain all the rewards this mini-game offers in 1/10th of the amount of time veteran TB players like myself have put into these clothes/flags. Is this a mistake on Jagex's end? Did they unintentionally lower the reward prices for TB during the recent shop update? Or did they actually think this was a good idea?21:32, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Firstly, it's probably a mistake. Secondly, why did you post it here? WWTDD? 21:48, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
- To get some other player's opinions on the matter... Should this be added under the trivia section of the article? Or should we wait to see if Jagex comes out with some kind of response stating the reason why the prices were changed?
- [Note] It started with an hidden update (or mistake) earlier this month (Sept 2nd). What do you think? 22:32, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
- Regardless of whether they reverse it (which I doubt they will), it's still of sufficient interest to add to the trivia, which I will do (I'll take your word that it was done with the shop update... though given the other bizarre unmotivated shop changes that came with that, it makes sense :P). Stewbasic 15:20, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
You know what scares me[edit source]
Other than La roux buckets of water collecting at its height22:53, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
- The poe for each activity needs to be proportional to the time it takes, and there needs to be bonus poe for the winning team. Only then will players play for the team. I'm sure it's on Jagex's todo list, but we all know that todo lists grow faster than things get done. Personally I go to the water buckets once there are enough ingredients to keep the rum coming.Stewbasic 03:41, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
- That was like 5 mins left .-. oh and 23:38, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
What the heck is happening my image?[edit source]
I try to upload a corrected image, but it keeps getting the image before. I succesfully reverted and nothing happened...
pieces of eight.[edit source]
As said in the trivia section, the pieces of eight are based on the spanish silver dollar, wich was an unofficial global currency. However, the connection between pieces of eight and (fictional) pirates comes from R.L. Stevenson's 'treasure island'. I do not know how to edit this in the trivia as the link thingy at the end of the comment prevents me from putting anything behind it.
Could someone better at coding add it? I think its poignant.
Iavirissa 21:29, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
In regard to this text in the article's rewards section:
If you entered the game at the midpoint, you will receive less Pieces of Eight. Each bottle equals one Piece of Eight. In addition, you gain 1 Piece of Eight and some experience for every task you complete up to 50 additional Pieces of Eight. However if you come into a game of Trouble Brewing after the midpoint, the rewards will be the same as if you started from the beginning of the game.
Does this mean you only get reduces rewards when you join exactly midgame and both before and after you get full rewards? And in a slightly related question, is it possible to do this minigame without gaining firemaking experience? Part of the article says you get experience for certain activities so you'd only get firemaking experience for sabotage, dousing fires or fueling the boilers. But another part says you get 150 experience for each bottle no matter what you do.18:50, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
The Stuff[edit source]
- If you see something you know is wrong, feel free to change it. 18:39, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
- == Fix this page ==
This page needs more info about the release. I Came here looking for the release date but was unable to find it. I am not skilled in wiki editing so I leave this to you, my fellow wiki readers to add.
Look how barbarian assault is. This page should have an intro similar to that.
Revival of Trouble Brewing[edit source]
As a General in the Tbrew FC, I can say that Trouble Brewing is well on it's way to a revival. Daily games are nice, and there's a ton of people willing to learn. I find that we get a ton of compers while we're trying to revive TB, but they're not a problem when the owner bans them.
If anyone wishes to, they can inform their clan about our November 17th event at 8PM BST. Multi-clan, and we've already got 3 clans coming. Shall we try to revive Trouble Brewing by getting someone to catch it on video and send it to Jagex? A drunk pirate can dream, can't he?Thieverpedia (talk) 08:50, November 4, 2013 (UTC)Thieverpedia