- 1 EXP Error?
- 2 EXP
- 3 2nd System Update
- 4 Getting started
- 5 20 Wave Experience
- 6 Organization of Page
- 7 Plants vs Zombies?
- 8 Battle for Helm's Deep
- 9 Somethings
- 10 Poorly cooked karambwan
- 11 1 month refresh
- 12 Slayer
- 13 glitch?
- 14 Auras?
- 15 Prayer restoration from supply table
- 16 Reward formula
- 17 Troll Invasion trollin'
- 18 I'm Stuck!!!
- 19 10 minute limit?
- 20 Is poison disabled?
- 21 My EXP Formula
- 22 After EoC they are all weak
- 23 Repairing: the use of oil.
- 24 Reward xp bug
- 25 Leaving troll invasion
- 26 Does having high levels in Crafting, Construction, Firemaking help in repairing Castle?
EXP Error?[edit source]
I did Troll Invasion on Hard combat mode; I got through wave 5, and the calculator here said I would get about 43k XP on my level 98 skill, but I ended up only getting about 17k XP. Are we really sure about the XP rates? Partin 02:52, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
Same problem here. Reached wave 7 and only obtained ~20k XP with a level 89 skill. I thought it as a bug so I reported it.Dark Behemoth 16:18, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
Me and a friend both got to wave 19, I who am 63 summ got 28378 summoning exp, while he who is 105 dung got 80k dungeoneering exp.
Did the whole 20 wave version and got 50720 xp with 80 herblore.Valinxh 15:58, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
Did the defensive gameplay version. With 1100 trolls killed, I got approximately 43k runecrafting exp at 89 rc. I think we can safely say that the defensive version doesn't get as much xp as the combat version. Tomomi 16:35, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
I did the defensive version, got 34k rc xp with lvl 78 rc and 1060 trolls killed. AnselaJonla
i did the 20 wave version and got 71450 slayer exp with level 95 slayer
I did all 20 waves and got 26k summon exp, I was level 56 but levelled to 57 summon.
I did 18 waves and got 35924 ep pray leveling from 73 to 74 18.104.22.168 17:47, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
I did all 20 waves, and got 28640 in construction at level 60, bringing it to 61. Thunder9092 18:24, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
- There's a table here to figure out the forumla. 17:46, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
22.214.171.124 23:46, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
2nd System Update[edit source]
So there was a 2nd system update about 20 mins after the one that introduced troll invasion. Anyone noticed any bugs/glitches or know why this happened?
-maybe its because on the last like 3 waves you no longer get supplies from the table? idk if its intentional or not
-If you don't get supplies from the table, it's because a dynamite got to it. I was taking supplies in wave 20 my second time.-RuneScape Examiner
-  is a link to Mod Ash tread about the reboot, and here is his message.
- I'm afraid we're going to have to reboot the servers again in a few minutes to fix a bug that's kicking people offline. ::We're very sorry about the inconvenience, especially for anyone who's trying to play with the new troll waves.
- Mod Ash
- Senior RuneScape Content Developer
- P.S. For what it's worth, the bug affects people who've clicked on things that they shouldn't be able to see. The server's not handling it very well anymore.
- Sam 3010 (talk, contribs) 14:11, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Am I the only person who did the skilling portion instead of the combat portion? :s 126.96.36.199 16:05, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I did the skilling portion. Made the "Tips for Defensive Gameplay" section on the article. Hope it suffices for now. AnselaJonla
Does anyone know a formula for this? I tried Levelx 25x amount of waves, but it didn't work out. Why multiplied by 25? Because they said it was similar to peng hide n seek :o
- There's a table here to figure out the forumla. 17:46, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
Getting started[edit source]
Are the right-click options there the first time you go, or do they only appear after you've played at least once?
There were there before I played. --Uffa 64 20:31, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
20 Wave Experience[edit source]
Some rough notes from my attempt. I am combat 138 and did the 20 wave option. It was not too hard. Completed all waves. I meleed. Wore Bandos, D boots, whip, Dragonfire shield, fury, soul wars cape. D claws in inventory for special. Took a unicorn. Inventory was extreme attack, str & def, 3 prayer pots, unicorn scrolls & rest sharks. Had 2 prayer pots & about 5 sharks left at end.
- Turn off auto-retaliate - stops you being dragged into the pass to get pounded with rocks.
- Do not run all way north to the pass unless you have to as the ranged rocks hit through prayer. I was knocked down to 200 lp for 990 lp quite quick as I wasn't paying enough attention.
- Lure the trolls in front of the gateway if possible as the guards on the towers will attack them which helps a lot.
- Look out for dynamite trolls - one blew up my supply table earlier on, I did use table once, it reset all stats back to max including prayer. (Slightly annoying as I was extreme potted at time....)
- For Cliff (the wave 20 boss) I just had protect range prayer on. He hardly hit me. Not sure if that was because he seemed stuck at end of pass.
- I found the range trolls the bigger problem. When I used prayer I used protect range. Didn't use any other protect prayers.
- @ 97 hunting I got nearly 75k reward. (forgot to note exact xp)
- I think next time I might take a bow but only to lure the trolls that stay away from the gate house closer.
Good luck - it was fun :-)
Uffa 64 20:23, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
Organization of Page[edit source]
Can someone please fix the organization in the page? I was thinking of the headlines to be something like "(information)", "Combat", "Skilling", "Glitches", "Trivia"... But there are other ways to reorganize it. Either way, it needs better organization, not just "Gameplay" "Tips about Gameplay" Etc... Thanks!~ --00:20, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
Plants vs Zombies?[edit source]
Can someone here explain the trivia to me about this? I've played Plants vs Zombies a ton, but the only part similar in my eyes in the fact that it's like Tower Defense games.03:52, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
I don't think it's even like a Tower Defense, someone should remove that trivia because it is not true. Unless someone explains it.
Battle for Helm's Deep[edit source]
Don't you guys think this is 100% like the battle for Helm's deep from Lord of the Ring? Dynamite trolls breaking the walls, archers firing arrows at the trolls etc? Can see many similitudes tbh.
Tbh there are heaps of references to LOTR in RS...The beacon network for one
Max heal of sons by father is possibly a bit higher than 150, i was seeing 156's.
The milk reference seems more of a Duke Nukem reference to me. Yfw when Duke got the line from They Live.
Dynamite seemed to me to always take out the supply table even when he wasnt near the table. =\
But just a few things i noticed
And my question, does the hard mode give better rewards?
-the hard mode unlocks only after first attempting the regular mode. You can try to exit your first time when you get to cliff, I don't know if that will work. (Could count as incomplete, or complete giving you 19 waves?) May have to wait a month for this question.-RuneScape Examiner
Poorly cooked karambwan[edit source]
These annoying little gits keot luring me up the dangerous path and DIDNT come back down, I had to run up the path to lure them back down... anyone know if this was an intended lure or glitch?
They just walk randomly. 188.8.131.52 18:09, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
1 month refresh[edit source]
Is the 1 month cooldown 1 month from when you completed it, or is there a day each month the D&D resets?
- According to the update's FAQ it will reset each 1st of a month. Sam 3010 (talk, contribs) 22:21, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- -Yes I did it right after doing one it was awesome =) sadly, I have to wait a full month now =(
Anyone know if doing Troll Invasion makes the kills count for slayer?
If so, I have just found a much more fun and constructive method of troll tasks. 184.108.40.206 04:37, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Except, you can only do this once a month TyiloTalk 12:46, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
- You can practice it for no xp reward after the one time. 220.127.116.11 16:21, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
- It counts towards kill count for Troll Slayer Task. Pros: 100% Safe, they provide a 5 time heal + stat restore + partial prayer restore per wave, you can repeat it as many times as you like (but yeah, a once per month reward). Con: The only drop you get are bones and big bones (though you can't claim Cliff's bones unless you have a bonecrusher on the 20 Wave since he is alone and wave ends when he is defeated)
i was doing well up until my table dissapeared but it somewhow vanished just when i needed it im positive i killed all the demos before they got anywhere near the table yet it vanished and i died without its help 18.104.22.168 02:58, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
I was just wondering if anyone knows if auras work in this D&D.
22.214.171.124 23:37, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
They work. 126.96.36.199 18:10, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
Prayer restoration from supply table[edit source]
I tried this months invasion using the hard mode (7 waves), and the table is only restoring 10 prayer per use. Is this normal? Big Bouffant 05:58, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
Restored like 17 for me
Reward formula[edit source]
Taken from the Rewards section:
The expression for the xp for 100% completion (20 "normal" waves or 7 "hard" waves for combat or 1500 trolls killed for defence) is 0.4W(L2 - 2L + 100) for normal difficulty or 8W(L2 - 2L + 100)/7 for hard difficulty, where L is the level of the chosen skill, and W the wave completed.
However, this doesn't really make sense to me. If these expressions assume 100% completion, there would be no need for the variable W.
My question is: Either this formula is correct for all levels of completion, in which case "100% completion (20 "normal" waves or 7 "hard" waves for combat or 1500 trolls killed for defence" should be deleted to make it clear or it only counts for 100% completion, in which case W should get replaced by 20 and 7 respectively to avoid confusion.
Xp variation based on completion for hard waves seems to be calculated differently than the others. Wave 6 in hard yields approximately the same xp as wave 6 in normal. This may be a glitch, because a hard wave 6 should result in closer to a normal wave 17 xp. Ergori 22:29, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I've reported what Erogri mentioned as a bug and you'll see why if you look at the section below this. Dsctatom 07:36, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
Troll Invasion trollin'[edit source]
I was doing the hard waves and had killed everything except the boss (which I had at half health), and then suddenly, a wild SENT TO LOBBY appears. My connection was perfectly fine the entire time and has been all day. After entering RuneScape again, I received a reward book for 19,436 exp in 88 prayer, which is about 6.5 waves completed (on normal). So unless Troll Invasion was designed to troll in every manner possible: it needs worked on. I was curious if other cases of being booted during the minigame have occurred Dsctatom 07:40, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
same... except i died XD i'm gonna stick to normal and slow.. Qazwsx753421 00:41, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
I'm Stuck!!![edit source]
After whitescreening on wave 2/7 last month, I decided to try 20 waves this month (today). On wave 17, I killed the dynamite and summoner (only 2 monsters in wave), but the wave didn't advance. I've waited like 10 minutes, ran up the path, still nothing. Anyone else experience this?
17:21, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm guessing that you should try running further up the path. One of those wandering diseased trolls is probably right at the end of it, hidden on the minimap. 17:25, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
- The thing is, I waited there for like 20 minutes, but I just realized there was a bunyip left to kill!!! I brought a bunyip, but didn't summon it, so I thought that one was mine the whole time! I feel so stupid -.-
17:34, September 23, 2011 (UTC)
Calculator not working:
Hard says error, max is 7, no matter what number you use.
Defend says 20 out of 1500 when you use 1500.
188.8.131.52 07:34, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Fixed. 10:00, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
10 minute limit?[edit source]
It says that the game ends after ten minutes, but I went past eleven minutes. Confused? 02:18, April 3, 2012 (UTC)~
Do you mean you didn't attack for 11 minutes or were you there while attacking monsters for 11 minutes? If you meant to say the first one, you could've made a little error in your calculation, or it is a glitch, or there isn't a limit at all. 184.108.40.206 18:14, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
No, I was actually repairing. (I don't like taking the time to get ready for combat; laziness.) There's a timer in the top-left corner and I remember it hit 11 minutes for some time before finally kicking me out (yet I still didn't even get to finish the 1500 kills). Obviously this was a while ago so the memory isn't as vivid anymore, but I feel it was a one-time glitch. 220.127.116.11 04:43, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
Is poison disabled?[edit source]
I think using poisoned weapon was effective so I used to poison ranger trolls or wizards months ago.
18.104.22.168 04:41, November 2, 2012 (UTC)Napolean6789
My EXP Formula[edit source]
My Formula for hard
W stands for waves successfully completed. So, if you die on wave 4, then you only successfully completed up to wave 3. L stands for the base level. I'm not sure what the 15.8 is from, but here's a suggestion. Don't do hard, you will not get the full xp..
I only came up with this formula, by trying numbers to get the amount of exp I had gotten.. So this may not work for everyone, but for me, it works 100% of the time.
After EoC they are all weak[edit source]
Repairing: the use of oil.[edit source]
I was wondering what the use of oil was while repairing. Couldn't find it here, and couldn't find someone else who knew. So I did a run without using oil. It seemed like the building was taking more damage (both the damage from 1 'attack' and the frequency of the 'attacks'), but because I spend no time on oil I was repairing everything much faster. I ended up killing 1,490 trolls in 10 minutes (it somehow wouldn't kill the last 10, so time had to run out) and got the usual reward.
Any1 else have any ideas on this?
Reward xp bug[edit source]
Right now, the reward book seems to give far less xp than normal - I got about 700 xp for killing 1100 trolls while repairing (at level 94 Prayer). I've looked on the forums to confirm, and this seems to have been a problem since at least May 23. Just a heads up. --Shockstorm (talk) 05:31, May 30, 2014 (UTC)
Leaving troll invasion[edit source]
I fought the hard wave (more like just taking damage), and left without killing a single troll because I forgot to bring runes (which kind of sucked). This still used up the monthly chance. And got rewarded with a book that only gave 1222 XP to a lv62 skill, which is lower than a small XP lamp. Dreamxmist (talk) 22:44, June 7, 2016 (UTC)
Does having high levels in Crafting, Construction, Firemaking help in repairing Castle?[edit source]
Having high combat levels helps greatly in Troll Invasion if you choose Fight the Trolls. If you choose Repair the Castle, does having high levels in Crafting, Construction, and Firemaking help in defending/repairing the Castle?
22.214.171.124 21:05, June 17, 2016 (UTC)