Not allowing you to stun [edit source]
I have killed him three times now and he has challanged me once again in the cauldron, and everytime I fight him Jagex makes it beyond difficult to activate my backhand ability to stun him. I have it binded to the 2 key atm,(Though I have switched it) and I can press it and press it and press it and click it manually yet it seems random as to when my character actually performs the action, even with no cool down from it being used or other abilities being used just before. This has led to him healing for no reason even though I reacted in plenty of time and makes killing him annoying as hell. Does anyone know what is going on and why my stuns are so slow to kick in when he go's to heal? I tested it it works just fine when he is not going to heal, kicks in right as I press the key. Yet make him need to heal and my Character just refuses to innitiate backhand. What is going on? Gormagon (talk) 21:38, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
- `Yeah... that happens to me too, quite often: pressing a key that I linked to the action bar, but it doesn't work. I've had it in many situations (only did the claudron twice, but there it happens too). -- 10:20, April 11, 2013 (UTC) .
Tokhaar Hok was recently changed in the Brink of Extinction quest fight sometime between May 2nd and May 7th. The update is not covered on the homepage, and there are a few changes I have noticed.
1. Tokhaar Hok is much easier to fight and does not hit as hard. With no food, I managed to get him to his healing stage.
2. Tokhaar-Hok's rangers do not spawn as often
3. It is now possible to talk to Tokhaar Hok right before the fight from anywhere in the arena, not just from one square away.188.8.131.52 14:29, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
- While I have no clue about your third point, I suspect your second point is purely due to luck. As for your first point, this is most likely due to April's EOC update. You no longer need level 70-80-90 equipment to defend yourself well enough, but you can use lower-end equipment and your Defence level will give you a boost. Imo, I doubt there was any specific (hidden) update to the fight recently. 184.108.40.206 14:45, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
Antique lamp?[edit source]
I just fought off TokHaar-Hok in the Fight Cauldron and while they normally drop red antique lamps they dropped a Golden one this time, it functions are similar but the skill now requires level 80 and Herblore appears to be unavailable but that's likely because I don't have 80 Herblore Did they change it? can someone help me with this please?21:28, January 13, 2014 (UTC)