Talk:The Chosen Commander
- 1 new quest possibly
- 2 RS isn't working!
- 3 Points
- 4 Where is Merchant Vera?
- 5 Two interesting notes
- 6 did we lose zanik again?
- 7 Star Wars
- 8 Cut Scene
- 9 Difficulty
- 10 H.A.M base
- 11 Proof?
- 12 Halp
- 13 Final end cutscene statue
- 14 lvl 46 agility
- 15 Untitled
- 16 Ariane
- 17 Messenger pops up while being Zanik
- 18 Required for rewards from Missing, Presumed Death?
new quest possibly[edit source]
just found the details for this quest on RS knowledge base http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=915
--midimatt 13:43, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
edit: its just been added to game in last update guess i was abit quick --midimatt 13:44, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
RS isn't working![edit source]
It is a crackdown!
As far as i understood it was not a crash as said in the article but rather intended to transfer the worlds to new servers that have been bought because of the Update:Route-finding Update Stormpride 15:34, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
I believe its 3 quest points as before update the total was 277, now it says 280. Draco 15:25, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes. 01:39, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Where is Merchant Vera?[edit source]
This is the merchant I got that sold the food. Some other people have trouble finding him/her. Does anyone know where it is? Teh kevlar 15:28, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Vera does not exist, rather you may try using quest help on the runescape home page, or try supecting all the merchants which costs up to 25k. I got walton as a suspect so try that.--Fools! Da wabbit is dead... 23:39, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- Vera exists. 01:37, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Two interesting notes[edit source]
When Zanik's crossbow is fired you'll get a debug message in the chatbox and when you try to break a Bandos throne room tele you get a "Nothing interesting happens." message. Hay 16:35, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
did we lose zanik again?[edit source]
the guide says she can be found in her house, but i cant see her. done the quest. anyone else know where to find her? 188.8.131.52 15:04, 18 March 2009 (UTC)zaros lord
Star Wars[edit source]
Zanik, it is your destiny. Isn;t that what the emperor told to Luke?
Cut Scene[edit source]
I had a slight problem with my internet connection whilst completing the quest...it was nice enough to hold out until the end of the fightscene, but then it crashed and took the java client with it...when I restarted RS I had completed the quest, got the reward, go no damn cutscene! Anyone know if I can get my cutscene, or am I doomed to be annoyed by not witnessing my "quest complete" dialogue?--184.108.40.206 02:34, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Odds are the Jagex servers still thought you were online. Would your situation make sense if the servers thought you had in fact seen the cut-scene? (In that case you probably cannot rewatch it.) Dgtns 10:22, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yup...that would about cover it...it annoys me when I don't get to see my end of quest goodies, but never mind. --220.127.116.11 17:24, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Is the difficulty really supposed to be five stars? There are a lot of quests I have yet to complete because they are considered hard, but this one really wasn't. How about three or four or even two (considering that Rocking out has four and it has high skill requirements compared to this one)? --Magnea8 - Profile and Talk. 17:54, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- It doesn't deserve more than three. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 18:17, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed. Whoever it was, put "***" in the difficulty field rather than "3" to make it work properly. 19:20, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
H.A.M base[edit source]
made article, uploaded Interrogation Scroll
im on part of quest just got Grubfoot out of jail, is there any screen shots needed?
The H.A.M base in the windmill north of Ardougne square is the scene of the big fight... after the quest is over, can you return there, and if so is there anything you can do/get/fight there? 18.104.22.168 08:17, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
"the lowest known play to complete this was level 67" - Trivia section. There any proof for this like for the Dragon slayer one? --King x treme 05:15, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- 67 is a BS-statement anyway. I could do this on a much lower level if I wanted. No need for this statement, it's not that much of an achievement if you ask me. ArnoudX 11:57, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm trying to get Grubfoot out of jail and I've unlocked the doors he's supposed to go into, but the guard always catches him when he walks out. Can someone help? --00:10, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Final end cutscene statue[edit source]
I was browsing through the models for this quest and found 14 different statues that all looked like the end-cutscene one. Each statue was in different poses, with different weapons, and even non-combat actions altogether.
- Female mage (with staff) and zanik (with crossbow) in combat pose
- Male ranger (with bow) and zanik (with bone dagger) in combat pose
- Male meleer (with 2h sword) and zanik (with crossbow) in combat pose
- Female player holding bandos mace up high, with zanik defending (with crossbow)
- Male player offering tears of guthix bowl to zanik
- Female meleer (with 2h sword) and zanik (with crossbow) in combat pose
- Female (no weapon, hands on hips) and zanik (with bone dagger) in combat pose
- Male player holding bandos mace up high, with zanik defending (with crossbow)
- Female player offering tears of guthix bowl to zanik
- Female player with hand on zanik's shoulder as zanik looks up.
- Male (no weapon, hands on hips) and zanik (with bone dagger) in combat pose
- Male player with hand on zanik's shoulder as zanik looks up.
- Female ranger (with bow) and zanik (with bone dagger) in combat pose
- Male mage (with staff) and zanik (with crossbow) in combat pose
lvl 46 agility[edit source]
at what part do u need it? could you finish without it? Leon Art 17:22, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
You need it to get through the hole in the kitchen at the Ardougne H.A.M. base, so depending on your level, either use an a potion or summer pie. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 04:47, 5 September 2011 (UTC).
I would like to say that for the court summons: H.A.M. vs Dorgeshuun this quest is required, Jagex never said this but i have opened 6000+ caskets for my last summons and thought i was bugged because i did not get it... But then someone suggested to completed this quest and i did.. I opened 3 caskets after and got the summons, finally after 4 months.
Hope this helps for other people being stuck
After this quest Ariane will say: After The Chosen Commander, she predicts the possibility of the player's action causing a new God Wars, with the Gods going against mortals. Due to the said actions, she foresees that the mortals might even stand a chance.
|QUILAFA[[File:Zaros symbol black.svg]] Talk|
19:35, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
Messenger pops up while being Zanik[edit source]
As I took form as Zanik, I was waiting out a bit (had to get food etc.), and when I got back, a messenger just popped up. I have just completed Underground Pass, and the messenger marks the start of the next one, which is why he popped up. It was really funny because he said "I presume you are <player name>". I just wanted to confirm the fact you can get such random events while in that form ~ 126.96.36.199 15:14, July 19, 2012 (UTC)
Required for rewards from Missing, Presumed Death?[edit source]
This page states that this quest is a requirement to unlock the full rewards from Missing, Presumed Death. Are there actual rewards to be obtained or is it just to unlock additional dialogue options? (I'm thinking it's just dialogue) Iyashu5040 (talk) 23:48, March 15, 2014 (UTC)