Talk:The Branches of Darkmeyer
- 1 Get updating ;)
- 2 References
- 3 Weird Pre-release Glitch
- 4 Blisterwood tree
- 5 New Weapons
- 6 New Rewards for Minigames update
- 7 Enemies to defeat-none
- 8 Multiple versions of this page
- 9 Maria Gadderanks
- 10 Final fight recommendations
- 11 Vyrelord/lady status - incorrect
- 12 Ring of Life
- 13 Fletching and woodcutting not boostable
- 14 Juna's response?
- 15 Crafting NOT boostable
- 16 Ganodermic armour vs. Vanstrom
- 17 Maria Gadderanks gone?
- 18 Possible glitch with "Let the blood consume you" Vanstrom attack.
- 19 Drakan's Medallion/ QJ Glitch
- 20 EoC difficulty
- 21 Magic equipment suggestions in dire need of post-EoC update
Get updating ;)[edit source]
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---august-5 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 20:52, 1 August 2011.
Myreque 5 will be master and myreque 6 will be a grandmaster quest. Myreque 5(Branches of Darkmeyer) will be released in August. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 20:54, 1 August 2011.
Can someone add a reference number to where it says "this quest will be released at the end of August"? It doesn't say that in the Behind the Scenes and I think it is just speculation. Thanks.21:56, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Removed for now. They probably just thought that judging by the order of the BTS. 21:57, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Weird Pre-release Glitch[edit source]
- i got that level just to get ready for quest, but never thought it come up! --11:54, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
That is weird. I myself got 67 Slayer the other day and it didn't show that message upon clicking the flashing icon. Paul Z 19:01, August 4, 2011 (UTC) Paul Z —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Paul Z (talk) on 19:01, August 4, 2011 (UTC).
- I only got the "you can now plant belladonna" message when i got 63 farming a few days ago, it also didnt appear on my level 67 slayer message Wer den König nicht ehrt, ist nicht Lebenswert. 16:36, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Blisterwood tree[edit source]
Blister wood tree? Could we get the source of this information please? I haven't seen anything about that. Floppyc5 00:28, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
- So far its only mentioned in the august behind the scenes Wer den König nicht ehrt, ist nicht Lebenswert. 16:39, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
New Weapons[edit source]
Mod Osborne said the magic level was increased to increase the potency of ONE of the WEAPONS created during the quest. Therefore, I think it's safe to assume more than one weapon will be created during this quest. My speculation: Anything from improving the Ivandis Flail or even making a staff with a Branch of the Blisterwood tree and/or some smithed Daelyalt ore. Xhanort7 14:22, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
- If Legend's Quest is a requirement... Holy water to enchant whatever weapon? 14:27, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Sceptism, but some of the prerequisites have some cool items that could be used to make a new weapon. Some of these could be as you said holy water, among other things the holy blast spell, daconia rock, dramen branch, daeyalt ore, and silverthril. I'd assume we are getting either a staff or a bow from this. But still I'm excited to see what we do get. Floppyc5 03:19, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
New Rewards for Minigames update[edit source]
"In Morytania, as the moon waxes red, the gloom grows close and oppressive and whispers in the dark become harder to ignore. The men and women of Burgh de Rott dare not speak of the impending darkness, but the voices of innocents still ring clearly in that murky fenland town..." - Mod Raven
Is this a puzzle/clue?
- I think I heard that there are new NPCs in Burgh de Rott, or the citizens say something new, or something.. Go investigate ^-^ 18:33, August 23, 2011 (UTC)
Enemies to defeat-none[edit source]
Am I the only one who has that problem? I still see that you dont need to defeat a foe, but on the quest journal says that you must kill a 332 monster. And when i try to edit it still dont show up. Comadant 16:18, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, the quest log says that. I'll try to edit it in. 16:32, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
- It's a wikia bug. I see the level 332 enemy while editing, but not at the real page. Maybe after some time, it will be updated. 16:34, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
There's another page that doesn't tell much of anything, but with the same URL as the guide. Guide seems to have "Darkmeter" in the URL, but searching doesn't do much. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I don't.
Ignore those last two lines. Something's wrong with me and I'm not used to Wiki talk pages. Sorry everyone. :(
Shouldn't the Bloodveld Guardians be included?
1) They are level 612
2) You do fight them, but as Vanescula
And shouldn't the Meiyerditch citizens be listed as an "optional" to kill?
Multiple versions of this page[edit source]
There seem to be many different versions of this page. There is this one, one which shows up when you type in Blisterwood and one which shows up from searching for Branches of Darkmeyer (no the). There are probably more. Someone who knows more about the Wiki formatting than I should probably fix this. --Liudeius 23:13, August 31, 2011 (UTC)
Maria Gadderanks[edit source]
It says I can free her from prison after gaining access to the upper tier. I've completed the quest and become a vyrelord but whatever I try I can't get her out - I've lured the guard outside and spoken to her with and without my disguise on, and also breaking the lock with and without disguise. Anything I try just leads to her saying something depressing. Is it bugged?
- Players click the locked door to break the lock and free her. Also, bugging her is recommended as it increases status. Coelacanth0794 Talk 13:53, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- When I click the door, whether or not I wear my costume, she says "No, just leave me. I'm sure it will all be over soon."
- Also, I got my friend to try it, he's only vyrewatch (not vyrelord) and hasn't finished the quest, and it worked fine for him.
- I've had the same problem. Perhaps you can't free her after the quest is over, like the gnome from within the light?
- That would be a real shame. I want to help these people.
- I've had the same problem. Perhaps you can't free her after the quest is over, like the gnome from within the light?
Final fight recommendations[edit source]
I like what's already on the page, but I'd like a continuing discussion here as well. For instance, is it better to turn auto-retaliate off, or leave it on? Having teleported out once and died once before looking for help, I'm still wondering about this point. I'll try and leave some good ideas (if and) when I finally beat it. Thx. -- PIKWIT 19:14, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I had auto-retalliate off, I think that maybe it would help you from not facing the wrong way when Vanstrom uses his Darkness attack? Depending on how fast or slow you are with clicking... 13:05, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
Anyone else verify if combat familiars are useless in the fight? (They attack and only hit 0)
BOB's and a test with a Spirit Daganoth, it seemed they did not hit.
- In answer to this, I only used a BoB for the 5 seconds I stayed alive, so I don't know, but having used a DDP on Vanstrom, as well as Rune darts (p++), I'm pretty sure he can only be hit by Blightwood weapons and spells (via the staff). Harold I killed with the DDP, so he was fairly easy. The 2 smaller Bloodvelds that heal Vanstrom are still unknowns, having only used BW weapons on them. Ooglog and run like heck, dude. Good luck. -- PIKWIT 21:36, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
I tried the ranged setup and it worked for me. With ranged, you don't hit as high, but you hit a lot more often. However, I don't think I'd go so far as to say "highly recommended" :-) In the end, luck plays a big part.
My ranged lvl is 86 and I cremated my 500 vyres before the final fight, but I'm a slow clicker, so I ended up bringing in a kyatt as support. It looked to me like the kyatt hit nicely and in particular, it helped me leave Vanstrom alone while he was flying. When I was alone in there, I couldn't resist hitting him very often while he was flying, since he was very vulnerable then. When I had my kyatt out, I relied on him hitting Vanstrom and could concentrate on running. So the kyatt was as much a moral support as anything else.
The ranged version also had the advantage that on the few occasions when I couldnt resist hitting Vanstrom in flight, I didn't need to run all the way up to him. Also, it was easier to hit the helpers on time. All in all, ranged was a nice tip, thank you :-)
Oh. And auto-retaliate off in order to be able to control the movements of your character.
Vyrelord/lady status - incorrect[edit source]
The page says that one must defeat Vanstrom before they can gain the Vyrelord/lady status, however, I haven't killed Vanstrom, and went and killed more of the condemned prisoners today, and was able to gain Vyrelady status.21:09, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
I have completed all the quests, and have thus killed Vanstrom, and no matter what I do I can't get the Vyrelady title. It just says "You have already reached the highest status possible in Darkmeyer." and stubbornly refuses to change from Vyrewatch to Vyrelady. Any ideas about why this may be happening? Am I just the unlucky one to find this bug?
Merivel 188.8.131.52 07:14, June 6, 2014 (UTC)
Ring of Life[edit source]
I was using a ring of life while fighting the boss at the end. when he did his special on me after the mist part, the animation happened where i would be hit to around 50 health. When that happened my ring of life activated and i was teleported away and had a black screen.
Fearing i had to start over I went back and I was right back to where I ended. The bloodveld were still there and once i went through the door, I automatically laid down and the lady vampire came and finished off the battle.
Might be something to add in case somebody does what I did. J1j2j3 05:33, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
Fletching and woodcutting not boostable[edit source]
Woodcutting and fletching are not boostable as upon attemptinG to start the quest with an axemans folly and fletching potion it said that I still needed 70 fletch and 76 woodcutting. Can someone who knows how please add this.
- Snaps Abyssal whip* "Get to it, you maggots!" -- Vyrelord Mort Sanguine P;D
Mod Ana comfirmed that none of the skills are boostible on the runescape forums Wer den König nicht ehrt, ist nicht Lebenswert. 17:59, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
Juna's response?[edit source]
So it be, wonderous. Anyone happened to tell this story for Juna yet, then?
Crafting NOT boostable[edit source]
Crafting is not boostable. Just tried it with a crafting potion with my base lvl at 63 and veliaf told me I was inexperienced and a line popped up in the chat box notifying me that lvl 64 crafting is needed
Why on earth there is no mention, that you need gadderhammer during the quest...
- Actually there is. However, it's not necessary in any case, I did the quest without using it. 17:19, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
Ganodermic armour vs. Vanstrom[edit source]
Anyone know if the Ganodermic armour is helpful against Vanstrom? I'm currently burning Vyres to train up my Blisterwood weapons, but it would be nice to know if there is an advantage to be had here. Thanks. P;D JAGZIMA 21:55, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Answered my own question as the page mentions magic damage absorption. I burned vyres all day long and I have my 500 vyres done. Wish me luck! JAGZIMA 23:21, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
- So now I get turned away at the door, something about not being prepared for the fight. It's possible that the door program doesn't recognize the Ganodermic armour, but I'll have to double-check that when I log in today. Just figured I'd give a heads-up in case anyone else felt like trying it. JAGZIMA 17:17, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Make sure you have your holy water with you. if you don't have it on you you will get the message "you should be prepared to fight before entering here" because you need it to beat him. 184.108.40.206 19:22, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Maria Gadderanks gone?[edit source]
Maria Gadderanks gone?
Mk so I haven't finished the quest yet, and I've done everything I can think of to get vyrelord status. (idk if finishing will gimme that or not) Although I accidentally free'd her b4 I talked to her while weilding the Gadderhammer which I'm pretty sure would have put me over the top to getting vyrelord status. So... any advice here would be nice; like if she's still in the city and I can do the gadderhammer thing or am I just out of luck and can never get vyrelord status?
B T 05:39, April 7, 2012 (UTC)B_T
She might still be in the jail, just check to see if that is the case. If you're still not sure, then check the official walkthrough to see if it has any helpful tips. Dwade23 20:49, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
Possible glitch with "Let the blood consume you" Vanstrom attack.[edit source]
In my many attempts at the Vanstrom fight, I noticed that sometimes it's entirely possible to escape both the magic and melee attacks involved in the "Let the blood consume you" attack by Vanstrom. If you run and spam click the ground to keep moving once the attack starts (it seems to work especially well in the Northwest corner of his house), Vanstrom won't be able to hit you with either magic or melee. After a short while, it almost seems as if Vanstrom's programming "resets", often having him turn away from you and sending him to the middle of the room to cast Darkness or spawn bloodvelds. RJ815 05:56, June 4, 2012 (UTC)
Drakan's Medallion/ QJ Glitch[edit source]
There appears to be a glitch after getting the blisterwood logs under a certain condition, i healed the blisterwood tree completely, but i didnt have the medallion on me, so i went to get it from the bank, following this page's guide, as Vanescula would enhance it, the cutscene with Ranis dead still followed, and Vanescula demanded the medallion, y teleported to Buthrope to get it and teleport back, the medallion had NOT been renamed into Drakan's Medallion, yet it had ALL teleport destinations, i checked my quest journal and it described the final battle, saying i should now go to the base and claim my reward, which i did, but nothing happened, i returned to Vanescula using the glitched medallion's teleport and she fixed it, now, properly working, i move on with the quest, while my Quest Journal remains complete.
EoC difficulty[edit source]
This quest is just a joke now in EoC. I always put up doing the fight because all the guides said it would be a very difficult fight. I literally breezed through it with 80-81 atk/str/def and dragon gear. Only used 4 sharks, no prayer or any potions. So go and finish it before Jagex (if ever) realize how easy combat is now... Dirnaith (talk) 19:19, December 10, 2012 (UTC)
Magic equipment suggestions in dire need of post-EoC update[edit source]
The combat setup suggestions for the fight with Vanstrom Klause appear to have been created pre-eoc. In the case of magic, the combat updates have rendered the section between misleading and entirely wrong (it appears to suggest batwing and Ahrims are power armour, in a roundabout manner, and suggests the use of a shield/off hand with the blisterwood staff, which is now a two-handed weapon)
I have not actually done the quest, so I've refrained from removing the section since I'm not qualified to offer a more useful template. It would be beneficial to anyone attempting the quest with a magic-based character if someone rectified this.