- 1 Exceptional?
- 2 Erk is not a spelling mistake
- 3 Bug?
- 4 Snail Shells
- 5 Swamp Creature Points Entry
- 6 reply to misunderstanding and editings
- 7 Ghasts and salve amulet
- 8 Hard??
- 9 Undead lumberjack in bridge with trees.
- 10 Split
- 11 Gravestone
- 12 Cheaper equipment version
- 13 Awesome money making here
- 14 Evolving followers
- 15 Heal Other clarification?
- 16 Tips about leveling the followers
- 17 Boosts in shade event
- 18 Lumberjacks and Lumberjack Clothing clarifications
- 19 Arabic on Noticeboard
- 20 Images of the level-up info of the people to escort
- 21 One hour testing
- 22 Easy training for mages/rangers
- 23 Shortcut doesn't work!!
- 24 Experience given per path
- 25 Names Mixup
- 26 Best way to train the two hard companions?
- 27 XP Tomes: Skills
- 28 Page Title
- 29 Page Title
What do exceptional rewards and exceptional profit mean? I can't make sense of the table. 18.104.22.168 19:20, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
The title of this article is wrong, based on the new update....The game is now called "Temple Trekking / Burgh de Rott Ramble".
Update it, people!
Erk is not a spelling mistake[edit source]
Just because 'e' is next to 'r' does not mean that Jagex meant to spell 'erk' 'eek'. It may not be a grammatically correct word, but then you could just as easily say 'JaGex spelt 'Guthix' wrong, because 'Guthix isn't a real word. Stop putting this in!
I'm not a member, but after logging in, saw this:
Your Temple Trek is over. Welcome to RuneScape.
Could someone confirm that there are never Swamp Snakes in Route 1 ? Also, I got a red tome of XP after completing route 1 (happened only once for like 40 trips though). Patheticcockroach 06:21, 20 October 2007 (UTC) Never mind, I just got the snake on route 1... Patheticcockroach 06:49, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
Snail Shells[edit source]
Just cleaned up a couple of other pages on this topic. The normal ones can be sold for 600gp each. I don't know about the perfect ones, so I changed that from 600gp to 1000gp; as all the other pages say that. User:E.T. Prod U User talk:E.T. Prod U 16:40, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
Swamp Creature Points Entry[edit source]
"The swamp creature only appearing on Route 3 adds 50 to your Trek rating."
Should this be changed to something clearer, like:
"The swamp creature event, which occurs only on Route 3, contributes an additional 50 points to your Trek rating, for a total of 120."
Is that what you mean? Because I find the original statement to be a bit unclear. It seems unlikely that the ridiculously difficult swamp creature would contribute LESS points than the others.
Have I misunderstood?
reply to misunderstanding and editings[edit source]
feel free to make it clearer if you feel that there is a scope for misunderstanding
just be sure to reseacr what you are about to change before changing it
also, im going to add the necessity to take a ivandis flail File:Void seal.pngFireyfoxFile:Armadyl symbol.PNG|34px 10:41, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
Ghasts and salve amulet[edit source]
Does salve amulet work on ghasts? --Flajuram 20:00, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- It is assumed that it does, but, as far as I know, Jagex has neither confirmed that it does or does not. When I tried during my Treks/Rambles, I found nothing conclusive that showed that it did indeed work or not work. However, I still reccomend bringing a Salve amulet (preferably (e)), due to it's very noticeable effects on Shades. Gaz Lloyd 20:12, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
it's said (or only in my clan en which im 2nd in command) that this is a Very hard minigame but hey, I'm a level 59 and can do it both ways and have absolutley no problems. Just do what I do:
Full red d'hide, Rune full helm, Ivandis rod, Boots of lightness, 2 balance pots, 20 druid pouches, 1 prayer pot, rune c'bow w/700 silver and mith bolts, 10 lobs, knife, and Rune kiteshield
Airplane04 23:42, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
How is this contribute to the thread? The first paragraph isn't particularly necessary, and I see the second contains your suggested inventory/armor. Neither really seems appropriate. Perhaps adding that you would need an Ivandis Rod, Druid pouches, food etc. wielding d'hide...? The rest is pretty much useless info.
~Kara P. 2:29, 19 August 2011 (UTC)
- I wouldn't even suggest dragonhide at all, there is only one enemy that does not use melee attacks and the snelm reduces damage a lot from those attacks, dragonhide isn't the best armour against melee attacks. 22:27, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Undead lumberjack in bridge with trees.[edit source]
I had the bridge with trees event..and undead lumberjacks were still pouring out...--Long Live Armadyl 18:07, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- Were the trees cuttable? 18:12, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
It was a while ago, but I believe so, yes.--Long Live Armadyl 00:05, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- There are trees in all events now. 00:59, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think so, I mean they're essentially the same minigame, just going in opposite directions. Burgh de Rott Ramble redirects to the Temple Trekking page, which explains their relation to each other. --nekobawt 07:10, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
With the new instanced gravestone update does your gravestone still appear and if so where?
Gravestones appear. They will appear where you started, e.g. if you started at the Temple it will appear at the Temple and vice versa.
Cheaper equipment version[edit source]
This is a cheaper version for equipment. It's capable of taking an easy follower (Adventurer > Mage, Fray > Fang) across Route 3.
Did 30 Treks/Rambles with this equipment. Gave me full Lumberjack (Top at trip 30) to =)
Perhaps this can be inserted into the main page?
Equipment: Neitiznot Helmet, Proselyte Hauberk, Proselyte Cuisse, Dragon Boots, Ardougne Cape 3 (Or Soul Wars Cape if you have it), Barrow Gloves (Dragon Gloves will do to), Falador Shield 3, Salve(e), Explorer's Ring, Abyssal Whip
Inventory: Enhanced Excalibur, Ivandis Flail, Druid Pouch, DDP++, Knife, Hatchet, Tinderbox, 2x PPot, Holy Wrench, 2x Guthix Balance Potion
Civie 18:48, January 26, 2010 (UTC)
Awesome money making here[edit source]
I make 500k an hour doing this woot! and all it cost me is a few prayer pots and some cheapo food for the hard characters.
Needless to say, this now needs updating, but I don't know how to put the relevant banner up. Can someone help? Banak 22:21, August 17, 2011 (UTC)
Evolving followers[edit source]
Their appearance differs (Zachary gains enchated robes and a saradomin staff).
Their behavior increases (they chop logs and make fires)
They can see whats up ahead.
I think this is pretty important to note.
So far I know Rolayne twickit evolves very early, but I forgot when. I'm positive Zachary evolves at lvl 79. I have no idea about the rest.
- According to the Recent Update FAQ (Quick find code: 15-16-75-63115520), they see what is up ahead when they get a new look or running ability. 18:57, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Ya, they can see whats ahead/ evolve at these levels:
- Pazuzu: 75
- Zachory Bragg: 79
- Rolayne Twickit: 20
- Dean Velio: 80
- Jaylene Kliyn: 75
- Smiddi Ryak 60? i beleive, only one im not sure about, i have her at 52 and she hasnt evolved yet Wer den König nicht ehrt, ist nicht Lebenswert. 16:45, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Heal Other clarification?[edit source]
Tips about leveling the followers[edit source]
Shouldn't we right a phrase about the different ways that are best to level each follower?
Tallibear 11:49, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
Boosts in shade event[edit source]
The article lists 10% boost on Attack, Defence and Strength, but it also boosts Ranged and Magic, I am not sure about the exact amounts, I think Magic was boosted less than the others.02:06, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Yep, Magic is 5% rest are 10%.
Tallibear 08:55, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Lumberjacks and Lumberjack Clothing clarifications[edit source]
I think it should be clarified a bit exactly what events Lumberjacks will spawn in. At the moment the Bridge Event section seems to hint that they can only appear when there is a Zombie by the river, although I'm pretty sure I had them spawn once when there was no Zombie and a backpack instead.
- Zombies do not appear at all on bridge events - there will always be a backpack and three trees. Sometimes undead lumberjacks will appear, sometimes they do not. Don't think there's any way to distinguish if they will or will not spawn before they do.
21:51, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
- There is no way to tell the events apart before they spawn indeed. Only if they spawn will there be a chance for a lumberjack item, but that's common sense of course. 00:39, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
Arabic on Noticeboard[edit source]
Can anyone translate the Arabic on the noticeboard where you select your partner? The hard partners icon is in Arabic. There are also two other languages but I'm not sure what they are. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 02:22, 2011 August 22 (UTC).
Images of the level-up info of the people to escort[edit source]
These 6 images should either all be with the level one character or level 99. As I don't think anyone has all to level 99 or just because we already have 4/6 images which are level one, I suggest that the last two images to be retaken. TyiloTalk 05:55, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
- It's getting harder and harder to find people that have them all at level 1 though. But you do have a point. 00:39, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
One hour testing[edit source]
145k total experience 12k summon experience ( 19 talon beast charms ) 71k skill exp
Lvl 136 using turmoil and vine whip
99 pazuzu and 99 dean
Using hard route only
that's quite good experience actualy :o
Easy training for mages/rangers[edit source]
Increasing the level of the followers can be time consuming and difficult. The only way to noticably train them is to have them engaged in combat, but for most players, you kill the enemy before your follower gets much training done. To level my followers, I have started letting them alone kill everything on a few events (mages and rangers only). Here is how....
Ghasts-By far the easiest, just stand in front of your follower, all the ghasts will attack you. Dont fight back, let your follower kill them. Protect from melee if needed. This will typically gain your follower 3-5 levels (around lvl 60)
Snails-This one will get you a ton of levels on your follower, if done correctly. The trick to this is the snails have an attack range of about 5, while your follower has a range of about 8. All you need to do is get the snails to attack you, then lure all of them to the northwest corner, or north of the pond. You must then get your follower to the south side of the area. If done correctly, your follower will attack the snails, but they will not fight back out of range). This however is slow, because the snails have lots of lp, and high defence, but you will gain A LOT of levels.It may take up to 10 minutes for your follower to kill them all, but all that time is nonstop training. I have gotten Jayene Kliyn from lvl 72 to 99 using just this one event. I do not recomend this for low level folowers, under 50, as this will be nearly indefinate, taking far too long to clear.(see last paragraph)
Nail Beasts- If you can, stand between your follower and all beasts, do not attack, though this usually is not possible because they attack quickly. Otherwise, attack all of the beasts, then stand and let them attack you, with prayer on and let your follower do the work. Of course, you must kill any that attack your follower before you do this. Also I highly recomend you deal the final ¼ of the nail beasts lp, so you get the drops, otherwise you get nothing. You will get about 2 levels doing this.
Mor'ton Shades- Pretty straight forward, first attack the 3 shades pounding on the doors, as the blessings are very helpfull. Then kill whatever shades are attacking your follower. Now, try to stand between your follower and the shades. Do this as soon as the shade next to your follower dies, with luck youll get there before another shade steps there. If you dont time it correctly, you will not block the shades. For all the shades attacking you, run north or south, to get them all in a single file line. Bring this line near your follower, and let him kill at will. This will get you 2 or more levels, depending how well you do in staging the shades correctly.
As I am writing this, I set up the snail event with 5 snails and a level 25 Zachory Bragg. It lasted untill he reached level 47, but then a lag sent me to the lobby, so the event ended. He hadnt yet killed a single snail, so it would have lasted much longer. But that may because Zachory is a terrible mage.
Shortcut doesn't work!![edit source]
Anyone an idea how and why - I toggled it a thausand times?18:40, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Which one?
18:54, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
- The 1st one, to the Grotto.
12:34, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Just tested, it works for me.
16:49, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, guys, nevermind... I was using the wrong gate. The one at the hideout that leads in the middle of the swamp - not the one near the Ghouls... for Guthix' sake... Sorry and thanks for your time. 22:01, November 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Just tested, it works for me.
- The 1st one, to the Grotto.
Experience given per path[edit source]
Does every path give the same experience for completion or does the hard give more experience than the easy/medium, etc.? I am trying to get both of the hard followers to level 99 and, seeing as they cannot fight efficiently, I want to know if I am wasting time by taking the hard path every time.
i have found a glitch caused by wielding the dragonfire shield while doing the grotto event, then the water enchantment thingie runs out your shield's glow may stay blue instead of turning back to orange.
126.96.36.199 16:51, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
Names Mixup[edit source]
Can somebody check the names? I don't want to start an edit war but I think the recent revision by urbancowgurl777 is incorrect. Please check as i'm being murdered by greaters :D Duck171 17:23, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- If Temple Trekking is going from the Temple to Burgh (which the first few paragraphs of the article say), then Pazuzu & company are Temple Trekkers. If Burgh de Rott Ramble is going from Burgh to Paterdomus.. then Smiddi & company are Ramblers. Why would this be wrong? 17:25, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- The routes were switched in an edit made yesterday. I have reverted it to how it was beforehand. I've noticed that the morytania tasks relating to the treks/ramble are bugged and may work on either route. That is perhaps why it was changed. It would be nice if there was some decent evidence of either way though. --Henneyj 19:26, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Evidence isn't needed, the names speak for themselves. You name a route after its destination, not after its starting point. 20:33, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Hello i was the one who changed the name in the edit Henney reffered to i made this change due to the fact that temple trekking is first unlocked after the In Aid of the Myreque quest in which you you transport Ivan Storm from Paterdomus to Burgh de Rott. in order to take the reverse route, Burgh de Rott Ramble, Darkness of Hallowvale is required, as stated in the rewards section of the respective quest article Neeko-chan 16:44, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Best way to train the two hard companions?[edit source]
It feels like letting Smiddi hit things, as rarely as it happens, is a huge waste of time, same with the guy. Should I just go through the treks as fast as possible? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by YewKaril14 (talk) on 06:30, June 14, 2012 (UTC).
- See Smiddi Ryak#Training Smiddi and Rolayne Twickit#Training Rolayne. Pick easy trails until they can predict the path, then pick whatever you can complete fastest, or pick nailbeasts if you want talon charms. But beware, nailbeasts are sometimes aggressive towards your follower. 16:39, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
XP Tomes: Skills[edit source]
After having finished training all my Temple Trekking NPCs, I claimed all my reward tokens as XP Tomes. The tables below (sorted by amount) show the number of each skill Tome I received (for Blue, Yellow and Red reward tokens separately). Just in case anyone is interested. It would seem not all skills are equally likely, tho the Red reward tokens may be far undersampled. [Also posting this on the Talk:Tome_of_learning page.]
188.8.131.52 18:21, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
For those interested, all the above tomes together gave me the following amounts of experience: 129342 Agility, 132782 Slayer, 135901 Firemaking, 107646 Thieving, 110403 Woodcutting, 110145 Fishing and 76438 Mining. 184.108.40.206 18:43, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Ran a quick calculation and only the amount of Agility and Mining tomes seems to deviate above standard. I went with the assumption that the distribution is equal for all colours. 03:13, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
Page Title[edit source]
Since this combines Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble, shouldn't the page title be Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble, not just Temple Trekking? Then, stubs can just redirect any search for one to the combined page. Moochmaker (talk) 17:49, October 9, 2013 (UTC)
Page Title[edit source]
Just in case anyone was wondering...
-162 hard only runs = 100 red and 62 yellow tokens = ~61 red:39 yellow reward ratio.
-I was averaging a return trip in 6 minutes so roughly 20 tokens/hr (12 red: 8 yellow by previous measurement)
-100 red token = 3933 iron ore and 7866 coal =~39 iron and 78 coal per token (range being 20-60 iron:40-120 coal, so an almost perfect average.)
-50 yellow token = 1018 iron ore and 2036 coal =~20 iron and 40 coal per token (range being 10-30 iron:20-60 coal, so an almost perfect average.)