Talk:Teleport Node On
Minimum Level[edit source]
All the research requires a minimum level of 70. Could we potentially see if someone under level 90 can interact with the various teleport devices and unlock them early? Lego6245 (talk) 13:53, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
- A friend with an alt tried, they need to be 90 to interact with the first device. Lego6245 (talk) 14:15, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
- "he first device" meaning the one at base camp or the one at the crypt? 13:10, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
Original steps[edit source]
- Unlock the first Orthen teleportation device at the Crypt of Varanus by interacting with it. This will give you the mystery, 3,000 experience, as well as a research.
- Once the research returns, take 20 unnoted Ancient vis to the teleport device at the Observation Outpost excavation site and interact with it, requiring 70 Runecrafting. This will unlock the teleport, grant you 3,000 experience, and give you a second research.
- Once the research returns, take 20 unnoted Orthenglass to the teleport device at the Moksha Ritual excavation site and interact with it, requiring requiring 70 Crafting. This will unlock the teleport, grant you 3,000 experience, and give you a third and final research.
- Once the research returns, take 20 unnoted Quintessence to the teleport device at the Xolo City excavation site and interact with it. This will unlock the teleport, grant you 3,000 experience, and complete the mystery.
Does not work[edit source]
The steps above don't work. I have kept it here for discussion purposes.
- In order to unlock the 3rd digsite, you need to use the pylon and then enter the correct codes, etc, in order to gain access to the underground chamber, and then you can activate the teleportation device in there
- In order to unlock the 4th digsite, you need to activate the moksha device in the 3rd digsite, and then create a lingam stone which is needed for entry into the 4th device.
In essence, pretty much the full "Quick guide" is required. We should stop spreading false information that you can unlock "just the teleportation" between locations. Wonderfl (talk) 11:23, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
- I've taken the liberty to transclude the quick guide into this article, as all the steps are required to unlock the teleports. Wonderfl (talk) 11:27, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
- The first part is correct, you need to enter the correct codes for the 3rd site so you can enter. But to access the 4th site you do not need to create a lingam stone, have any of the aretifacts or the slamander or anything I (lvl 95 btw) was able to use my slayer cape to tele to Laniakea and then unlock the device.
11:31, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
- Unlocking the teleportation devices is a standalone thing, not necessary for unlocking a digsite. By the design of the Moshka site however, you can only access that teleportation device after you have opened the stairs. AmoVos 11:33, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
I disagree with this. While completion of Know Thy Measure is required to complete the mystery, this leads to a broader issue. This is a page for a specific mystery and achievement. It now includes a guide to complete not only that mystery, but also Know Thy Measure, which I don't think makes sense? Guides to complete other mysteries like The_Vault_of_Shadows don't tell you how to complete Time Served, they presume it's completed before continuing. I'd argue we should remove the steps that are purely requirements (unlocking the 3rd digsite mainly) and leave just the steps needed to interact and activate each teleportation device. The content here should live in the quick guide (as it will get people to access all 4 dig sites right away), but not in this guide (designed to document what is needed to complete a single, specific mystery) Lego6245 (talk) 14:42, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
- I've updated it as per your suggestion. Very few steps are required in this article if we follow this. I have also linked to Know Thy Measure in-between instead of including all those steps in this article. Is everyone happy with it now? Wonderfl (talk) 14:52, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
- I guess that matches other guides better? But to be honest I don't think it's better. I'd have been happier just adding a link above the steps that said If you've already completed Know Thy Measure skip ahead or something like that. 14:59, 20 October 2020 (UTC)
- I personally like it like this. The Wiki has to balance between being a resource documenting the game, as well as a "guide" on how to complete content. There's no need to duplicate the same information from the Know Thy Measure page into this one, as it is both listed as an explicit dependency in the achievement/mystery info boxes, and we now have an explicit "step" for it in the guide. This strikes a good balance IMO. Lego6245 (talk)