Should this page have the Halloween event template below it? The event is called 'Trick-or-Treat', this is the quest. Therealmagicrune 16:07, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
i think swept away is quest and Holiday event, swept away is repeatable rewards for members, I think maybe maggie the travelling witch will appear randomly around runescape, a new minigame, to obtain repeat rewards
I have changed it before but someone reverted it. The sorceress' apprentice will teleport you without needing the broom. It should not be listed as an extra reward.
the reason broomstick teleport is a reward is because can teleport from any where in runescape to he sorceress' Garden, The sorceress' apprentice will teleport you without needing the broom, this is a fact broomstick negates the need for travelling to al kharid 1st,
Trick-or-treat redirecting here seems wrong, trick-or-treat is the holiday event (it's even separate in the quest journal), and this article doesn't say anything about collecting the candy... DeeME 21:06, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
Second puzzle[edit source]
Maybe how to solve the second puzzle to get the Purple Cat should be added? I've witnessed large amounts of people unable to complete the puzzle...Including myself...--184.108.40.206 21:16, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
Amulet of Glory?[edit source]
What practical application within this quest does the Amulet of Glory really provide? I guess it is a teleport to Draynor Village to save you perhaps 20 seconds of walking/running, but is it really even recommended for this quest? I can see the Explorer's ring providing a similar benefit with the cabbage patch teleport, yet it isn't mentioned. Or a Falador teleport or some other methods of transportation to start this quest (like Home teleport to a POH in Rimmington). Adding a couple of home teletablets?
I just don't see any real advantage for even mentioning the amulet in this article, as it really doesn't help all that much.
Is there any reason to keep the Amulet in this article? Are some players really so lazy that they can't keep from teleporting even to something literally right next door? --Robert Horning 18:16, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Reverts by Phantom21[edit source]
I don't know why my constructive edits were reverted by Phantom21. I'm going to redo the edits I made.09:06, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
was Robert Horning edit i changed, Reason he removed the whole section on Aggie
- What? All I added was a single image, that you apparently didn't like and removed without commentary. Look at the history if you don't believe me. Please don't make unfounded accusations here, nor was it I that removed one of the images from the triangle puzzle that I think you are referring to here. --Robert Horning 13:42, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
Past Tense for the Present?[edit source]
I don't think it should be changed, but in the trivia, the Halloween event is referred to in the past tense, even though it is currently happening. Someone didn't want to have to go back and change tense =P. It amused me. Orbie 02:03, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
- I would fix it up but it's just two tense for me todaytomorrow ~
kytti khat 14:36, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
- Jagex claims that they will turn it into a member-only quest after the Halloween holiday period of about a week or two into November. This is supposed to be a "sneak peek" into how some member-only quests work and something only temporarily for F2P.
- As to if Jagex will make it member-only or not remains to be seen. I think it is likely to become for awhile member-only, but may become a F2P quest eventually. The last F2P quest prior to this was Rune Mysteries... and that was quite some time ago. There really is no precedent for anything like this for F2P and no real way to know exactly what Jagex is going to do here. Don't be surprised, however, if it becomes member-only and you can't finish the quest if you've only started it. --Robert Horning 00:10, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well it is members only now so if you didn't finish it already you can't any more. -- Lanning9 21:00, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
I can't start the quest?[edit source]
Can't find Maggie for some reason.. Tried looking for her but can't find her caravan or anything.. Does anyone know where she is, or has her location been updated? o-o ILYx3 17:17, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
Trial & Error[edit source]
Really simple test when I first dealt with Hetty. For some reason, you can't be done straight away even if you know there aren't that many combinations to be done. It's designed so that you are forced to fail, reset and check all three boxes for what they contain until you can do the right combination.
The premise is this: Three labels, three boxes, and each box cannot contain solely what it's labelled with.
Newt Box (cannot contain only newts): Frog, N&G
Frog Box (cannot contain only frogs): Newt, N&G
N&G Box (cannot contain both): Newt, Frog
On the first attempt pulling out only one sample, I pulled out a newt from the frog box, so by now I already know what's possible. I do one of the only two combinations that you can actually do. Wouldn't let me. I didn't reset. So I did the second possible combination. Wouldn't let me. I didn't reset. The zombie ass-master kept going between "oh so you pulled a newt in that box, maybe it's both" or "oh so you pulled a newt, maybe it's only newt and not both". With pen and paper, I am stabbing my brains out with my pen when I notice that my first combination only worked after I had failed and reset enough times to have checked what is inside each box.
Conclusively, it should be added to the article that you cannot finish straight away and that you have to fail and reset enough times to see what is inside each box. Should someone else have data that says differently, I will remain godsmacked as to how that's even possible.
About the puzzle for Betty's wand[edit source]
It's not always exactly like how it is in the article. I think only the bat is ever exactly the same for all players.
For example. this is the starting position set I always have:
That's not the one the article shows.220.127.116.11 06:06, January 1, 2015 (UTC)