Talk:Stronghold of Security
- 1 Progress Blocked
- 2 Random Notes
- 3 Level
- 4 Noob question
- 5 XP Req
- 6 Mapbuilding
- 7 Levels Name Origin
- 8 Death area annoyance
- 9 Confirm this?
- 10 Minimum Combat Levels per Dungeon Level?
- 11 "Floating Objects"
- 12 remove theathre from trivia section it is part of a tzhaar quest and not under contruction
- 13 Glitchy 2nd Level
Progress Blocked[edit source]
I noticed that on level 4 I can't progress very close to the prize. Another player had the same problem as me, we tried going around the long way but it blocked us there too. We were both non-members and relatively low level. Is there a level minimum on reaching the prize on level 4? I've not seen it documented anywhere. All that happens is you can't actually click on the ground to tell the character to keep walking when you are reasonably close to the prize room. --18.104.22.168 12:16, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
Random Notes[edit source]
Add more as you complete levels, needs work. Ace of Risk 13:51, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
Can a member with bronze boots please verify the stats
I took out the fishing section since it was random and off topic.-ShadowScythe
Information is needed on recharging the Skull Sceptre. -Taodartari
Skull Sceptre cant be recharged right? You have to get a nwe one after all charges r used.17:13, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
I tested mine. Once the charges are used the sceptre disappears. -Taodartari
Give me a recomended defense and hp level if you are trying to make it to the end without fighting anything. --Wiiwantxbox 00:35, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
- I dunno, I did it at level 3, it was really hard though and I had to eat alot.--Richard (Talk - Contribs) 00:38, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
- One of my kids did it at about level 20 without eating. I did it at 41 ditto - both of us carrying nothing at all except the gold we picked up. I took some hits, stood around a few times to let them cure up with prayer speeding it. Have added a note saying you can do this and suggesting 24 hit points as a minimum.--Aloysiusgaul 04:40, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- It's possible at level 3, you just have to be lucky. Food is recommended (whatever you can get, shrimps or beef are fine since you can carry way more than you need to anyway and won't be healing during dashes) The are no level 1 aggressive monsters, level 2 monsters only hit for 2s or 3s max so won't be much hassle. Even on stronghold level 3 you are unlikely to lose 10 hp in one run-past as while the spiders are accurate they do not hit very hard (generally) and the 'pons like to weaken you before they attack. The only real problem is the Ankous and Ghosts on level 4, but you only have to pass them once and with skill, they'll only hit you twice, and with luck, those two hits will be less than 10. Bring the best 3 defensive items you have readily available, plenty of aforementioned cheap food and a good knowledge of how to get to the center of mazes 2,3 & 4 with the least possible zombie, 'pon and ankou/ghost encounters (this won't necessarily be the quickest way)
Much love, --Jjakajoep 18:01, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
Noob question[edit source]
I am a level 8, and just beat level 1. This one person told me that if I die, I lose none of my items. Is this true? LOLOMG 23:56, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
- It's false. I recommend banking before attempting another level. Christine 23:57, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
- lol no, who would believe in that? talk 22:57, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
XP Req[edit source]
- I second that. We need maps o.O Rendova 08:43, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
This article needs a map, hence it has been nominated for the Mapbuilding project. 21:45, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks to Chutt-Riit (Talk | contribs) for providing maps for this article! 21:18, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
Levels Name Origin[edit source]
I was just wondering whether the fact that the levels are named after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse should be included in the article.
Death area annoyance[edit source]
Getting the skull staff is pretty difficult. This isn't make any easier by how the death area works. If you go into any area with ghosts and ankous, the ghosts take priority over ankous if you are attacking one and the Ankou doesn't attack back, there are at least twice as many of them, and ghosts can move fairly quick. The room with the skeletons is more manageable, as there is about a 1 to 1 ratio of Ankou to skeleton, and the skeletons are slow enough to the point where you can run around untill an Ankou attacks you. Wrathanet 02:04, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Confirm this?[edit source]
Can anyone confirm this? 'In the third level of the Stronghold of security, upon examining a skeleton with it's right leg propped up it will tell you; "He should have run a virus checker more often." '
Minimum Combat Levels per Dungeon Level?[edit source]
Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I'm not seeing a mention of the minimum level a character has to be to access the different levels here. I'm combat level 71 and still can't access the bottom level of the stronghold... does anyone know what level I need to be to finally get down there? The same thing for the other levels... my gf just started playing recently and she wants to know what level she needs to be to get to Level 2 on the stronghold, and I have no idea. :-/ Help, please! And perhaps it could also be added into the article, as it seems relevant?
"Floating Objects"[edit source]
The floating objects are stars and if you look with the Orb Of Oculus you can see the dreamworld plain from Blood Runs Deep. You can only see the lectern and the white ground though.
remove theathre from trivia section it is part of a tzhaar quest and not under contruction[edit source]
please do so
- I already did when I saw this comment. I didn't remove it, but I changed it, and it now says that you can see the theatre where you can see a play after the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest.
Glitchy 2nd Level[edit source]
The second level of the Stronghold of Security has been severely glitched up. I used to play runescape circa 2007 and recently returned. They updated many things but the Stronghold seems to have withstood the test of time. It hasn't gone without scars though, like this: Possibly due to the apparent ocean to the right of the stronghold, a lot of the world flickers in and out. This might be due to newer agorithm checks on what to cull that are not ideal for the old layout of the place, but regardless of what it is it is very noticable and irritating. If it matters I have it set on lowest graphic settings possible. (for nostalgic looks :P) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 19:19, December 25, 2013.