Table Time[edit source]
- Thanks for the worthless post, unregistered user. All of us here at the RuneScape wiki are glad to know that you believe that a newly released spell which you almost certainly don't know anything about, let alone have unlocked, is overpowered purely because it introduces something new. I understand how you feel, though... it's completely unfair that these new overpowered spells are available only to a few select elite players. It would really be much more fair if anyone could do Livid Farm and unlock Spiritualise Food, wouldn't it? Then it might not be so overpowered. Oh, and you know what I bet you should do? Head over to the RuneScape forums and post a thread about how Spiritualise Food is overpowered and should be banned. (You don't even have to explain your reasoning; just post your opinion and watch the supports roll in!) Jagex's staff is generally very receptive to constructive criticism about their recent updates, and since hardly anyone ever offers their opinion on the forums, your thread will immediately stand out as an excellent example of the literacy, critical thinking skill, and patience of the RuneScape player base. Personally, I suggest the Rants subforum if you really want to let others know that you mean business. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 19:10, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, but this is a discussion (talk) section. So I must say it... In response to the above comment.
- As for normal discussion. Does anyone know how much this heals your familiar? Is it 1:1? So a shark would heal it 200? If so only being able to cast it once seems somewhat harsh. Since some familiars such as the steel titan has 7500+ lp. Meaning the amount of health healed is negligable if it cannot be constantly used on the familiar. Besides a 2 minute rule and a 1 food per familiar cap are overkill. If multiple food could be used then that makes more sense. Seeing how you must pay for the spell, the food, etc. Wait 2 mins which might be harsh for a steel titan... but at least it would give you 30 food over a 1 hour period. If you are using sharks this is 6,000 health which means you waste more than a full inventory of sharks on your familiar (not yourself) to heal it less than its full health. While 5 sharks would heal a normal player to full health. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- Then the limit of 1 food per familiar also gives issues seeing how you pay for the food and spell, I do not see why you cannot infinitely extend your familiar if you are willing to spend the food reserves? Its like taking another pouch anyways and a summoning potion. Food is not infinite so really you do not gain alot from this.
- Finally I was wondering how much of a boost this gives to the familiars stats? Is it significant? Does it apply to the familiars special attacks? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
Healing amount, Monster Examine?[edit source]
Just finished unlocking/using this scroll when my familiar's health ( Moss Titan ) was reduced in my POH by a friend. It healed 16##, didn't catch last two digits, I used a shark. I didn't notice anything different about the familiar though. I was wondering if monster examine can be used on familiars, if so I could ask someone who has done the quest to use the spell, to see if it's combat, or anything is changed, except lifepoints. Expiation 05:53, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Someone above asked about Monster Examine, and whether it would show any changes to the familiar. I've used it to check my own familiars (though they have to be in combat at the time...like in a duel or minigame or something) and it does in fact show the familiar's life points. I can't remember if it showed the max hit...though I think if the combat stats were boosted, the max hit would go up. This is worth looking into, and I'll grab a familiar sometime and check to see whether its max hit is showed, so someone (maybe me, if I ever get around to unlocking the spell) can check to see if the familiar's max goes up after giving it spiritualized food. 06:36, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Shows the lifepoints, combat level, and max hit of your summoning familiar. A good way to test its new max hit after you use the spell. You have to be in a dangerous combat area like duel arena, the wilderness, fist of guthix, clan wars, or soul wars for it to work. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk). 22:00, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
Got this spell a couple days ago, found out how much it sucks, i edited the wikia with non biased info about this spell as I tested it today. It blows, honestly the worst I could have expected from what the knowledge base led us to believe. Quick find code: 15-16-20-62752368 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk). 22:00, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
Not too sure on how healing works. I did it on a shark with steel titan having a bit of its hp bar gone. It healed 1584 lp in one go. Haven't tried other foods
This does not matter on food itself. It matters on familiars level. High lvl = higher time increased. I used shark, rocktails, lobster on yak and it all raised 11 minutes only. Steel titans are raised 12 minutes only. Bunyips are raised 8 minutes only
Can't confirm really.
Did this spell change since EOC?
I just tried it on a Pack Yak and the timer went to 58:30, that's only a 30 second increase.21:14, June 8, 2013 (UTC)
Food duration[edit source]
Could we perhaps compile the duration granted by food? I got about 11 minutes, give or take, added to a waterfiend when using this on a rocktail. Maybe it's around 2 ticks of duration per LP of healing? Alercah (talk) 21:11, 11 April 2020 (UTC)