Talk:Spirits of the Elid
we need someone to fix this page
Other languages[edit source]
Supposedly if you do the quest in another language, the plot changes slightly to account for the nonexistence of the soul-sole pun. (It was mentioned in the language team Q&A.) Has anyone done the quest in German, French, or Portuguese who can provide some more information on this? --troacctid 02:42, October 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, I was interested in this too... so I did it on a German server (I don't know Portuguese and my French also isn't that well). In the German version the Genie said (when trying to tale the Lamp, his house) that it's his and you should not touch it. Or else he would punish you by taking away you shoe-soles. (...? Okay, I can say a lame threat there, but anyway.) When you talk to him he says that you disturb him, and that he might have to make up a punishment for you. Following: Parhaps I should take your shoe-soles away!! (Again, right...) When you ask him he he sits alone in the dark he responds by saying: 1st I can see in the dark, it's no difference for me to be in the dark or the light. And 2nd my shoe-soles are worned down, so I can't go outside that well. (lol, wtf?) When you compliment him by saying the snakes suit him, he will say that he gets the feeling he's not taken seriously. And please don't be mistaking: I am very dangerous and you can't fool around with me. I am the Master of Shoe-soles! (Ahem...) Later, asking if he had seen some statue that was thrown in there, he says Yes, that's correct. A little while ago some-one threw a stature down-here. I stumbled/fell over it and broke my shoe-soles. (lol, quite a clumbsy genie) I can't believe some-one threw a statue down-here! (lol, I feel his pain ... ) But then he comforts himself by saying that he thought it would have been some-kind offering, because that person might have been afraid of him and thought this offering would make him be mild/kind. (He has some issues.) When you take away is comfort zone by saying the people had no idea he was down there, he will respond by saying: Silence mortal! You shall fear and respect me. There will be no doubt about it. I will take all your (shoe-)soles! Then your character will be saying: maybe you want to trade the stature for something. Trade, you say? I'm thinking, maybe I could get something out of this. I will give you the statue for... Let me think for a moment... How about I give you the statue in return of the (shoe-)soles of the mayor of Nardah? Your character: Wouldn't that be a bit too eccentic? Not at all. I think this trade would be very useful - it's these people's fault that I lost my soles. I could have asked for something far/much worse. When you say you can't possibly give him some-ones soles, he replies: no soles, no statue. When you ask him if he can forfil your wish, since he's a genie, he will say that he doesn't do that thing. His brother does that. His brother is a good genie that cares about people. So he recons he's a genie on the evil/bad side, that's also 'frightning and where humans speak about whisperingly' - Because he will collect human-(shoe-)soles! 'Your character: You really do seem quite frightning. With each sole he becomes more frightning! Hey, one moment! Did you say SEEM QUITE? You of course mean ARE VERY! Your character: Eh... but that's what I meant with it. He also calles himself "The Sole-collecter rift-genie of Nardah". After you cut the soles from the shoes, and talk with the genie again he will say: did you managed to get soles of Awusah, so we can complete our mission? Yes, I have them here. Exellent! Here is the statue. [You trade the soles for the statue.] Why do you need apart of Awusah's feet-ware? Do you want to put a spell on his feet with black/bad/dirty magic? Of that I did not even think. I've just heard that mighty creatures collect soles. Unfortunately, until now I have not been able to collect that many. But you have now helped me, to extend my collection. With these I can finally change/fix my broken soles.
Btw, you only give one sole, not the complete pair. You also can't hand him over the other one, to complete the pair. --- But since I've done this in German, can some-one tell me if it's really drastically different to the English (and French/Portuguese) ones?20:20, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Btw, when you have the statue and talk to Shiratti the Custodian she will be very happy and say that she would kiss you, but the codes of her religion forbit it (mind you, this was female vs. female character) - is this the same in English servers? Also after using the statue on the plinth you will lose the other sole. 20:27, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Hey guys! I was updating some of the information detailing the items needed for the quest and some how I messed up the template. Could someone fix it up real quick? Dunno what it was that I did, things were fine until a few edits ago. D: Sorry for the inconvenience.184.108.40.206 05:23, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok I see what I did. I forgot to close one of the tags, that's been fixed, but now I can't seem to make the quest description details appear. Could still use some help on this one, sorry again for the trouble!220.127.116.11 05:32, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
Can someone upload a map for this quest indicating the location temple and the location of the pick axe, bow and arrow spawns? also, can sum1 shoot the guy who wrote the screenplay for the newest startrek movie?
18.104.22.168 17:46, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
Request fulfilled[edit source]
Marked the map to show where the Arrows, Pickaxe, Shotbow and the dungeon itself is located. I dunno how to add the image, so someone else will have to do it. Image link is: https://runescape.wiki/w/File:Elidmap.PNG
Weapon Choice[edit source]
On the items required list, it requires something that can do all attack styles (crush/slash/stab). It talks about how you can bring a pickaxe for crush attacks but spears and hastas are better choices. I'd just like to say the Dwarven Army Axe can do all three, and you can use it for your needle. Just wanted to throw it out there! -Kevin
- Thanks, added to article. It might be good for lower leveled players. Although I'd rather not fight with that inferior tool. 3ICE (talk) 16:11, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
Thread required?[edit source]
Under the "Items Required" section of the quest it says that two threads are required (for repairing the torn robes), but I did this quest today and my thread wasn't used up when I repaired the robes. I don't want to make the change though without bringing it up here.
- Thanks, I just tested and confirmed this. The thread was indeed not consumed. But it's still required! I had to mend 3 robes to lose 1 thread. I'll fix the requirements, but someone else will have to rewrite the rest of the article and all the relevant item pages. 3ICE (talk) 13:24, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Update: My edit was reverted and with good reason. The revert's edit summary was: "iirc each 'thread' contains 3 threads. If you only bring one and don't know if it's full you can run out. Plus they stack so 2 doesn't hurt."
- I agree with it. But maybe the above information should be added to the article? I would, but it sounds silly to say "2 charges of thread". Anyone know a better way to put it to words?
- I did a more extensive test: with 2 threads I was able to repair 8 robes. That probably means I had 2 leftover charges and then 6 fresh ones. Strange I didn't know about this mechanic before. 3ICE (talk) 16:11, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
Updated with new information[edit source]
After the addition of the Dominion tower, there is no longer a pickaxe respawning.
The picture needs to be replaced.
Attack style[edit source]
Added note to the article: After EoC you have to bring three diffrent weapons, spears and hastas doesn't work anymore
Needs map update.[edit source]
Hey, could someone update the current map of the desert? Reason being the implementation of the Dominion Tower.
Thanks and bye :)
This quest needs a dialoge page[edit source]
Spirits of Elid is a fairly old quest but I feel that it still has some important stuff in it. I would like to request the anyone reading and has not done the quest, please add a dialogue page. At least for the spirits, they are often ignored. 22.214.171.124 22:58, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
Pre-EOC damage[edit source]
Pre-EOC damage[edit source]
(I'm sorry I don't know how to do this right; I'm not good with wikis.) I did this quest today, and I seemed to be hitting between 30 and 100 HP per hit on the black and grey golems. I was wielding a rune mace and rune 2h and using Revolution, which leads me to believe those two still take the same amount of damage as they did before EOC, or that they have LP instead of HP. They still hit me for 100+ regularly through rune plate however. Was that a glitch for just me or do other people experience this too? (For reference, white golem was a 3-hit kill with rune spear, no issues.)
126.96.36.199 03:23, May 6, 2014 (UTC)