Why not keep this within the main "Slayer" article as already added ? It's not big enough to deserve it's own arcticle.
- I see that there might grow to have strategies on doing the challenges (eg. the whole slayer tower in 1 run, what kind of armour to wear, combat styles, etc), so the article might turn rather long. I say we keep it as it is for now. Thunder9092 00:42, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, I was a bit to quick to judge it. Androoz 10:33, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
Do these special tasks also grant the bonus for the slayer helm?Stormpride 20:54, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Depends on how you mean. These task grant extra slayer points that help out in the task of getting points enough points for it. You can also Use the Slayer helmet with the tasks for the same effect as any other slayer task. Or did you think of something else ? Androoz 12:00, April 23, 2010 (UTC)
I was thinking of the later. I am confused whether i get the 15% attack/ranged bonus for Jad when i am assigned Tzhaar in general and if i get for the small critters when im assigned the big boss. Stormpride 17:41, April 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I did the JAD task once didnt use meele on JAD thou , and i didnt have the range bonus at the time. So I cant answer for that. But up until JAD meele bonuses was in effect. So we can only assume that it will be in effect at JAD aswell. Androoz 17:55, April 24, 2010 (UTC)
Experimental Evidence[edit source]
I have almost gotten 72 Slayer, so I plan to do the challenges up to, but not including, Duradel's. Hopefully it won't be too hard to keep track of who awards what Slayer XP and Slayer points. Did anyone want to help out with the Kalphite Queen? I've never really been down there, and I could use some support. Note that to get the XP and points data, I would have to do most of the damage. Is this "do-able" with my stats? -- TheLastWordSword --22.214.171.124 13:12, April 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Leave a message on my talk site when you need to go there, I could join in. Androoz 17:53, April 24, 2010 (UTC)
- It seems you have to go through a bunch of regular assignments and wait for the challenge to be given to you by the Slayer master in question. Sorry, but I really don't have the patience for that. I'm going to wait until I have 85 Slayer and I can do Duradel's challenge, or until Jagex becomes more reasonable and allows players to go directly to the challenge, either as a choice for everyone, or based on the difference between Slayer level and the master being contacted. Hope one or the other comes soon. :) --Sw0rd1820 13:51, April 26, 2010 (UTC)
Slayer points should be mentioned just for the challenge[edit source]
It makes no sense listing the slayer points for completing the task along with the slayer points for the challenge. The task points are variable, based on it 'consecutivity' - 10th and 50th tasks give more points that other tasks.
Thus, saying things like Chaeldar's challenge gives'"35 Slayer Points (the usual 10 plus an extra 25 for completing the challenge)' is not very useful and is potentially misleading, since Chaeldar can give 10, 50, or 150 for the task itself. Inelcirc 21:50, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
Challenge Repeatability[edit source]
Can each of these challenges be recieved more than once? If not, does declining a challenge prevent you being given it again in future? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- I have the very same question - is it single occasion or repeatable event?
- Eakhor 18:07, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
Kuradel's Special task[edit source]
Kuradel's special task used to beable to be completed by any of the tzar, not just those in the caves, can some one add this to the triva? 188.8.131.52 05:18, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
- No, either you accept her normal TzHaar task, and then you kill the ones in the city, or you accept her special challenge and you kill the ones in the Fight cave. That hasn't changed. IP184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:43, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
Hall of Fame crystals[edit source]
I started "Hall of Fame" challenge and got crystals from Araxxi (mage debuff), QBD (melee debuff) and Kree'arra (range debuff). I wonder if crystals are in certain order, random or dependant on the boss. Cosk (talk) 13:44, September 24, 2014 (UTC)
Slayer Helmet[edit source]
Does anyone know if the slayer helmet offers its damage bonus while on assignment? I'm doing Morvran's challenge, and just wondering if I'll get a damage buff while killing the bosses.Stinky Troll 04:34, December 16, 2015 (UTC)
Updated with new information/Morvran[edit source]
After completing Morvran's Challenge, I went to retune my boss portal to find that I was given a free retuning for completing the challenge. I added a sentence in Morvran's subsection after the XP reward sentence indicating that those with access to the Max Guild earn a free retune.