- 1 Locations
- 2 Max XP/day
- 3 More ore reward
- 4 Rewards
- 5 Member
- 6 Star Find
- 7 "Interworld Star Directory" Forums
- 8 Other fansite guides
- 9 hit by shooting star?
- 10 Gems? Possible vandalism?
- 11 Uhmm, what?
- 12 Location wilderness volcano
- 13 In Game View
- 14 "players mining 7 layers" pic messed up.
- 15 Stars2hunt
- 16 What is a "charged glory"?
- 17 cumulative xp
- 18 Missing Stars?
- 19 stars on bounty hunter worlds
- 20 Factual correction
- 21 Number of Stardust per Star Size?
- 22 Gnome
- 23 Wilderness
- 24 Bronze pick?
- 25 Rewards section '4 ores at once - Living Rock Caverns' outdated
Are the locations standard? Atlandy 18:45, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- idk but i want to Mack a page that that tell locations but i need more date so if ever one tell me where thay find a stare and that crash i think i can Mack a page the will tell you where thay will land 1 where it landed 2 i need where i cued land and what time it landed --Runemy 20:35, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
- Not a bad idea. Make a page and people can add in where they have found them (preferably grouped by the location clue from a telescope). So far I've found one by east Varrock mine and one by Yanille bank. I think they always land very near mines and banks.Mizon 06:02, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- There are two entries for miscellania. Some of the descriptions are too vague.Art stone 18:20, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
i am going to mark places on a map where people can see where i found the stars i found i got 1 pic so far i only i had help ill up load it sune hear --Runemy 21:44, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
hears can any one add more the pics before i Mack a page Image:Crash.jpg|thumb|166px
will be bigger so gust click it to see it for now--Runemy 21:55, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Max XP/day[edit source]
Does the max xp per day make sense? The experience drops as the star gets smaller while you mine it, and even after you get 200 star dust you still get mining XP. I vote to remove that column from the table. Mizon 05:04, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
No. It does not make sense. Because you still DO get mining XP after 200 stardust. I would also like to have the "max XP/day" section removed. Recive 05:58, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- 'Max XP/day' column was changed to 'XP for 200 stardust'. However, it usually takes several star size levels to get 200 stardusts; not sure if it is related to how many miners are mining the star or the star size. It seems less than 100 for each star size. So, that last column should still be removed as it does not reflect how much a player can get for each level. You can mine several stars a day without waiting 2 hours by changing to different worlds and/or joining the Star Find clan chat. Chrislee33 08:52, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
- Removed. 15:44, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
More ore reward[edit source]
Does this reward stack with the varrock armor meaning that you would have a reletivly realy high chance of getting more then one ore? Mathwiz908 01:22, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, it does stack with the varrock armour, there's even a chance of both effects happening at once and you get 3 ores from one rock! Mizon 04:51, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
I have another question about this: can this happen when you only have 1 inventory slot left? I'm pretty sure Varrock armour only works when you have more than one left, but I think I just got an additional ore from my mining boost when I only had 1 slot, and it landed on the floor (I wasn't paying much attention though, so it's possible someone else dropped the ore there). Stewbasic 00:26, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- OK it happened again and this time I was paying attention. I'll put it in the rewards section. Stewbasic 04:59, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
50002 gp is not always the amount of gold. I suspect it is 50000 + star size, or perhaps the number of layers you participated in mining.Art stone 21:24, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- Seems is it always 50,002 max regardless of star size or layers mined. Chrislee33 22:24, 13 October 2008 (UTC)
- at 200 star dust it is indeed always the same rewards, still 50k a day plus the runes and ore add up. ~
kytti khat 03:02, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
- at 200 star dust it is indeed always the same rewards, still 50k a day plus the runes and ore add up. ~
- Yes, members only. 21:00, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
Star Find[edit source]
- See RS:NOT#BLOG. Players and clans shouldn't be mentioned in the main articles. 07:12, 7 October 2008 (UTC)
Because that makes other star clans useless. And let's be honest here: Some Star clans offer different things which are more attractive for some ppl!:)
18.104.22.168 12:27, April 18, 2010 (UTC)Costa Rider
- Because it's pwnage. ^_^ --Star Find 07:15, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
"Interworld Star Directory" Forums[edit source]
Either put a proper link at the end of the page in the "References" section, or remove the reference to the forums because players can't find it by typing the exact words.21:56, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Other fansite guides[edit source]
Other sites listed here (on talk pages) as resources:
- to make this guide more comprehensive
- to improve quality of our information
- to check that nothing here has been copied outright from other sites - RuneScape:Copyrights
- http://runevillage.com/rs2SpecialReports/rs2Distractions-ShootingStar.php . Chrislee33 04:51, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
hit by shooting star?[edit source]
- You cannot get hit by a star. If it is going to land where you are standing, you will simply move out of the way before it lands. --The Tribal Noob/The Logical Ranter 18:03, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- The start actually lands on the player, but the player doesn't receive any damage. I don't remember if I saw this in the KB or if a Jmod said it, but a player can stand in that spot all they want, but if they walk out they can't walk back in.--64supernoob 06:51, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Gems? Possible vandalism?[edit source]
On the Onyx page, it listed a way of obtaining it is from the shooting star's layers. however, there's no mention of it on the Dragonstone page. So it someone screwing around with us or is the gems only sapphire through diamond?--Kodeman76 03:26, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- well..My friend said he obtained one from the star. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 00:40, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
I Say it's BS, I've mined around 50 stars and not even 1 dragonstone or onyx
- Lmao! I once bought uncut onyx from GE and showed that to the miners around. I'm sure it's not possible to obtain higher then diamond xD. -- 07:16, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Uhmm, what?[edit source]
Sorry but what the hell is this?
It has also been confirmed that you can get the coveted platinum gem from level 9 stars.
There is no 'platinum gem' as far as I can tell. I'll delete this if its spam. --
18:04, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Location wilderness volcano[edit source]
I haven't seen any at the volcano in quite some time now, and I hunt 3 or 4 stars a day, and do about 10 wild stars a week at least (I prefer them as they tend to have smaller crowds) and it has been well over a month sice I've seen one at the volcano. Anyone know if they were stopped as being too safe?--Degenret01 12:58, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
- NM, they still land there, just rarely I guess.--Degenret01 13:18, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
In Game View[edit source]
I think this alteration is a big mistake, the small screen shot of the actual location is all that is necessary. I just want a confirmation of the actual location quickly available, not an HD large image that requires an extra click and necessitates me moving windows about.
- If you get your minimap to put you in the circle on our shots, you will be with in 3-4 steps of the star when it hits.--Degenret01 13:18, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- I probably did not explain myself very well. I contributed and inserted quite a few images of the star being mined, which was a good idea as it showed the precise location at a glance (as well as involving people in the contribution process) but these images have now been replaced with a link (in game view) to a large image of the same thing. In my opinion overkill and complication for no good reason. --Marzinnia 16:42, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
"players mining 7 layers" pic messed up.[edit source]
Shows up as a small vertical bar for me. --Agamemnus 19:01, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
Hello there. I want to say something about Stars2hunt clan channel. It's the best Clan Channel I have ever used! They are very kind, they show you what you need to do, and last but not least, they hunt stars like the best.
If you are late for stars, so you just missed the star wave, then they just let you mine their stars, because they don't want you to wait 2 hours. I respect this, because not everyone can play 2 hours:)
(response) thanks for the good report on behalf on the clan :) we will be like this foreverrr!!!!!
What is a "charged glory"?[edit source]
Quoting the article, "It is recomened that you bring a charged glory for an increased chance at gems...", I have no idea what a "charged glory" is, and there is no link to the item. An Amulet of Glory? Does that affect what you mine? This was my first "Crashed Star" incident as a new member. This aspect could be more helpful.
P.S. I'll correct the spelling mistake (recommended), it was not mine, I merely quoted it by copy & paste. Warp9pnt9 22:48, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Answering my own question, yes, the item referred to was an Amulet of glory. I updated the page to reflect this. It is now more clear. I learned something new today! :-) Warp9pnt9 23:02, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
cumulative xp[edit source]
shouldn't the cumulative xp be going the other way? starting at size 9, because that is how the star is mined.
- Nope. Since the star doesn't always start at size 9, the Cumulative XP table shows the total xp recieved from mining the star down from whatever size it starts off at down to size 1. If you flipped the table the other way, then people would expect 80k xp from just a size 1 star, and only 16.8k for a size 9. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 07:11, October 9, 2013.
Missing Stars?[edit source]
Ok, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the past 3 months. Both times have been with a star landing in Misthalin.
I stood at my scope, watched for the fall and immediately checked all 4 landing spots: Lumby mine, East and West varrock mines, and the East Varrock Bank/Magic shop.
No Star. None, nada, zilch.
I even went so far as to check all the other possible spots: Limestone quarry, West bank, GE, Edge bank, Barb Village mine and Draymor bank and west Lumby mine. Even outside Lumby Castle cause of their bank. Nothing. No star anywhere. Not even groups of people mining an invisible star. This has me quite perplexed.
Is this a known glitch? and should some mention of it be made in the Trivia section? And has anyone else experienced this? Macdubghaill 13:18, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, it is known, at very infrequent times the star lands in a different kingdom altogether. Usually an update causes it, and a later one fixes it. It should go in the article, not trivia, it is rather important to note.--Degenret01 13:31, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
stars on bounty hunter worlds[edit source]
do stars land on bounty hunter worlds or not. just waning to clear this up. if not a note should be added to the notes section.Sundays211 05:02, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
- found out myself, they do land there, but only in the wilderness for obvious reasons Sundays211 21:42, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Factual correction[edit source]
does mining boost work on granite?
Number of Stardust per Star Size?[edit source]
Is the number of stardusts at the top layer the combine total of the upper layers? As I was mining a star today starting at Size 8, I ended up getting 39 stardust (+1 for one other person who came at the end). That's size 8 + size 9 stardust. I'm only level 84 mining, so I can't mine any S9's.
Here's my screen from nearly mining all of the S8. http://imageshack.us/f/46/s8star.png/
Theoretically speaking, it would be impossible for a S8 to get 97% if it's 25 Stardust for S8.
size 8 is 40 dust
https://runescape.wiki/w/Shooting_star#Piscatoris.2C_Gnome_Stronghold_or_Tirannwn needs updated pics of the new gnome stronghold. 22:10, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
- nvm fixed 22:39, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
The wilderness levels need updating. Rune rocks are level 46 now for instance.
126.96.36.199 08:57, May 25, 2016 (UTC)
Bronze pick?[edit source]
Rewards section '4 ores at once - Living Rock Caverns' outdated[edit source]
Currently, one of the points about the extra ore bonus in the rewards section is this:
It is possible to receive 4 ores at once while mining in Living Rock Caverns, having the extra ore bonus active and wearing the Varrock armour.
The article for concentrated gold doesn't coherently explain the interaction with this bonus, but the article for concentrated coal says this:
This bonus stacks additively with the bonuses from Varrock armour, the Mining cape's perk, and the reward from the Shooting Star Distraction and Diversion, potentially resulting in a total of eight ores at once.
Note that this article says:
It does NOT seem possible to get the effects of this boost while mining with bottled stone spirit in your inventory. Stone spirits will be used by default and the chance of an extra ore appears to be eliminated until stone spirits are banked or used up.
So the point would be updated to 8 ores at once.
However, It may be simpler to remove this point, and just note that this bonus combines additatvely with other extra ore bonuses, listing them off.