"It is likely to raise above 30 mill" (Sure, that was edited by a Santa hat owner) haha.
- Heck if I know. I don't think I can get on RSC anymore. Shadowdancer 20:20, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, thats true. I think it gave +1 magic more than a wizards hat and they got rid of it because they didn't want people with discontinued items to have an advantage like that. I'm not sure about that though
- --Wowbagger421 20:23, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
- I heard somewhere it gave a +5 to magic, but I can't be certain. Oh well, I'm still happy with my newbought santa anyway ^_^--Death motor 04:09, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- It was a +5 magic boost. It was removed very shortly after. I only remember this becasue I was trying to justify in my head why it would have a magic bonus. I guess Santa's gotta fit hit big butt down those skinny chimneys some how =P -- Githlar (AKA Metaversal)
My friend has verefied for me that they give a +9 mage bonus on RSC 22.214.171.124 18:46, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
bankotsu2710 when santa hats first came out they were a mear 50k, by the next week 60k, within 2 months they were 200k, as the year presumed they had gone to 300k, the next cristmas it went to 1.4million, and as of now they are 23mill, and alas, i cannot afford one.
We're going to need some proof of what magic boost the item-wearer recieved. Azorrez 07:52, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
What would you do for a Santa hat?[edit source]
Before you ask, it's like those Klondike Bar commercials.
I'd trade my rune scimmy for a bronze spear!Tv4375 16:26, 1 May 2007 (UTC)
i'm so pissed off. when i started playing runescape i bought one for 150k and then sold it for a nice profit of 50k (so i sold it at 200k) i would have never of thought to get a profit of 19mil. i so wish i had held onto it
- I did the same actually. Santas were only 200k in Classic when I got mine, and I sold it for a bunch of rune. My brother kept his though. I'm jealous.--Richard (Talk - Contribs) 15:28, 23 May 2007 (UTC)
I'd drop my dhoraks platebody and jump on it 3 times to make it irrepairable!--Pkthis 01:50, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
He sold it for a profit of 50k. He didnt sell it for 50k.
- Back in the day I had 2 and sold em for 150k ea..then quit and came back n they were like 25m n i almost soiled myself..Thrasher6920 02:40, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
They actually give a +3 mage in RSC.
I would... give away my Firemaking skillcape and decrease my firemaking level to 1. Now can I has a Santa Hat?
I would do nothing:p becous i already have 2 santa hats:)
Santa hats[edit source]
I bought one for 200k on RS2 a few years ago. After a while I thought it was pointless though and I sold it for a d scimmy which had just come out, and 100k. :'( I thought it was a good deal at the time, but now I regret it. Bl0od lu5t 01:28, 29 January 2008 (UTC) bl0od lu5t
i would transer my lvl 124 to a lvl 1 if i could get a santa hat (thats also all stats to 0)
Yeah, I did pretty much the exact same thing. I bought one for 250k years ago. I sold it for a rune (g) helmet, which I then sold for 450k. I thought I made a good deal. Now that they're over 170 million, I feel like throwing up... -Phazor58
borrowing santa hats[edit source]
when i lent my santa hat to one person, after he put it on it made him bald... im not sure if this is the intended effect, but he was wearing dragonhide armor, full. this happened twice, once i lent it to a memeber wearing black dragonhide, and the second time to a non member wearing green dragon hide full. if any one can confirm this id appreciate it. Whitemage900 23:25, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Um....It's a bald glitch.Wearing certain types of hat makes you bald.Powers38 00:09, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
Actualy, It happens when you let someone use it till you log out, then you take it back while it's being worn. It is not fixed, but it was also able to be used with h'ween masks.01:00, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Most popular rare?[edit source]
"The Santa hat is also known as the most popular holiday event item." Was there some kind of a survey or poll done on this? Is it a conclusion somehow based on the relative trade rates or prices of holiday items on the Grand Exchange? Or is it a random claim plucked out of the air based on one person's opinion? Please leave your opinion here whether the Santa hat is your favourite holiday item - there may be a consensus that it is true, in which case we can leave it in the article untagged. Leevclarke talk 15:08, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, I also removed one of the images from this article - there were two that illustrated how a Santa hat looks on a player's head, and I think one did that job better than the other. Leevclarke talk 15:09, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- I think it's in there as the most popular event item because it's relatively cheap compared to the others, it's been around for awhile, and is probably the most worn holiday item. I own one, and yes, it is my favorite holiday item. But I presume this was plucked out of the air. Kudos 2 U 15:44, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
do not reproduce[edit source]
this is annoying, and doesnt make since. it clearly says that the glich was fixed, so it would be impossible to reproduce wouldnt it? anyways, this has nothing to do with the santa hat, so i say that it should be removed. id do it myself, but i dont know how/am not interested in removeing it.
- Removed and added that the glitch has been fixed. Telling people not to abuse it is pointless as it is against the rules.Cry 4 Merci 00:14, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Santa hats[edit source]
Sorry for the most likely dumb question, but can santa hats disappear from your bank inventory? 126.96.36.199 15:30, 21 July 2009 (UTC)Frank
I did not know where to ask myself, I am a f2p user so no forum access. I'm a grown-up now (really, I'm 37!) so I play quite rarely, just a few minutes maybe, to see what's there, for the sake of the old times. Last years I was logging only before Christmas. In december 2012 when I've logged I noticed my Santa Hat, Green H'ween Mask and about 1 million gp were all missing from my bank. I know my account has not been compromise becasue I have never given my password on any site (except official one) or software.
So yes, can Santa Hat (and Green H'ween Mask, and 1 million gp ) dissapear from bank????
188.8.131.52 06:19, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
- I think the, hopefully obvious, answer here is "No". They cannot disappear from your bank, inventory or equipment slots, unless you/someone manually removed them. 184.108.40.206 07:47, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
Merch them![edit source]
Santas are rasing at 1.2m a day - the reason is because santa hats are based on a false market. There is no demand for them except for other people wishing to merch. Meaning if everyone decides to merch them - they are going to increase one hell of alot!
This is not a good idea, your going to LOSE one hell of alot if you do because they are rising in price for Christmas, then they will probably go down to like 20Mil, as it's been a steady rise since August, hence the saying 'August is a fitting time for a Santa Hat.' By January you're gonna regret it.
This was pointlessy put on semi-protection.
It makes it difficult to constantly uptade the price. They were quikly bought-out in the grand exchange, and the price is skyrocketing. While the wiki says it is worth 33 mil, it has a market price of 34.9 mil at the moment.
Please take a look at this. We can't provide false information.
Update: Thank you.
Santa Hat[edit source]
About two months ago , santas were 34m. They were falling, bad, no one was buying them. I spent my who day on world2, and eventually sold mine. Now, somehow, they rose to 64m. and they are now sterdy at around 54m
Chessy018 have had (and might still have...) lots of santa hats. Dunno if that should be mentioned
all rares seem to have gotten to the point at which they will go up for a very long time to come, some even doubling in price daily. sants havent been hit by this like eggs, phats, and disks have, though i wouldnt be surprised if its only a matter of time. this might be the last few months that they are avalable in ge. 3AF 17:25, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
The comment about santa's rising due to chessy018 getting hacked and losing 1k+ santa's is true, look it up - stop removing it, people deserve to know that there are 1k less of this discontinued item, that is the reason it is why it is going up in price so much.
- It's not the reason, the reason is because Christmas is coming up and it's a rare, chessy haven't been on for a while and sly and andy was the hacker I know the whole story. -- CakeMixwhut? 21:27, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
is this the highest the santa has ever been?
No. they are currently on 167.3m
Won't Sell 160m on GE[edit source]
and yes, this is the highest.
- Santa hats aren't that rare, so they won't sell for anything else then 90m-110m -- CakeMixwhut? 04:18, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
Incorrect 120m Peak[edit source]
It's incorrect that the next santa high was 120m. I believe sometime in 2007 they hit 130m. I've owned a Santa hat since Dec 26, 2002 (wasn't playing on Christmas) and have followed the prices pretty closely though I'd never sell it. Before I modify it though, I'd like somebody to verify this - perhaps with a more exact date. -- Metaversal 220.127.116.11 09:43, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
Strange but true[edit source]
In the game today I saw someone walking around with a baby troll named Santa Hat...I couldn't believe my eyes at first. That's a mighty expensive diet for a pet ;-P 18.104.22.168 01:01, August 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I believe it was at 160m for a few days a couple of months ago.
- lol that is just a normal pet you can nade anything you want :| *facepalm*
- You name Baby Trolls by feeding them. The first thing they eat is what they're named after. 12:54, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Black Santa hat?[edit source]
Should the section on the black hat be added to this page with a switch info box or make a separate page? Also, I can't believe they're doing this again. I won't be surprised if it turns out you get a free black santa hat with a gold premium membership 04ismailjj6 (talk) 22:48, November 29, 2013 (UTC)