Kharidian Desert[edit source]
The "ground floor of house directly north of the lodestone" is marked wrong on the map. It should be the building directly east of the second Al Kharid location -18:26, April 30, 2018 (UTC)
Zemouregal's fort[edit source]
Base required quests is The Curse of Arrav. The recommended quest to enter via the main gate is Ritual of the Mahjarrat. Once inside the fort, opening the southeastern security door requires Dishonour among Thieves, otherwise the player will get the message "You can't seem to find a way to open this door at present." Some claim particular progress on the quest can make the user freely able to open the doors, whilst advancing further will not allow it until complete. http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,704,66009086 --Luis12345lts (talk) 17:31, May 3, 2018 (UTC)
Special Rewards[edit source]
The way the Special Rewards table is set up is a bit misleading. Is there no way for Template:DropsTableHead/Template:DropsLine to not show "GE price" but another term instead, when gemw is set to "No", and the altvalue parameter is used? Or would removing the altvalues instead be fine? Had a friend who thought that it implied they could just buy them off GE.
- Even though there's a "notice" that shows up when you hover over the values, most people will probably not think to hover over the values, or if they're on mobile, it just wouldn't show up for them.
- Yeah, removing the altvalue is the best solution. 15:33, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Experience for the last dial lock[edit source]
According to the article, experience is awarded for every dial lock that is unlocked (and for the complete safe). This seems to be incorrect, the experience is not rewarded for the last dial lock. Instead, one is only awarded the experience for cracking the safe when unlocking the last dial lock.
I assume this is the case for all safes, but due to my thieving level, I am only able to check this for the safes in Misthalin. I am going to edit the article assuming all safes act the same way in this regard. Should I be wrong, please don't hesitate to revert my change for the non-Misthalin safes. Bartim (talk) 18:33, 29 December 2018 (UTC)
Totems? alt name for Special Rewards??[edit source]
With Song of Seren, Support skills, a benefit for Thieving is >> "Increased loot and chance of getting totems whilst safecracking"
- Probably a Jagex rebranding as you put it. It's possible the person who wrote that didn't know much about safecracking, or possibly an internal name? 09:18, 13 May 2019 (UTC)
Blue flash click[edit source]
- I don't think it's possible to fail unlocking a dial if you click at the right time? It's possible that on high ping worlds the delays are enough that you click is registered as being too late. 14:01, 22 March 2020 (UTC)
- What I mean is, and perhaps it wasn't clear enough as English isn't my native language, on a low ping world you are more likely to hit the blue flash...on a high ping one you might miss clicking on the flash. It is as you said "...click is registered as being too late." In my experience that happens hence why I added this snipped :) Ignito (talk) 18:51, 29 March 2020 (UTC)
Optimal Hidden Route[edit source]
The listed optimal hidden route, Rogues->(optional)Yanille->Zemegourals fort, doesn't make much sense to me. You can reach the Zanaris safes in only a few seconds longer, and they give a total of ~5.5k xp more than Yanille.
Furthermore, Rogues gives ~51k, 12 dials each on a 5 minute reset, whereas Zemeregouals gives 42k, 24 dials on a 10 minute reset. So it should make sense to hit Rogues as much as possible. I would expect Rouges->Zanaris->Rogues->Zemouregal is the best xp/h if paying fully attention to open safes faster. I haven't timed the route yet, so hard to workout the xp/h.
Furthermore, if you're wanting to AFK, afking at rogues lets you open 3 safes every 6 minutes (5 mins reset, + ~1 minute to open first safe). Which should get you roughly 500k xp/h.
None of this accounts for xp from handing in loot bag.
- Feel free too update the page! It probably hasn't been updated in a while. 14:08, 24 January 2021 (UTC)